"His Mother was from Fiji,his father a Fermanagh man"

Started by seanobrien12, September 02, 2007, 07:04:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Billys Boots

Quotehe makes plenty of mistakes

I noticed that alright recently, but no-one ever calls him on it.  Fair enough I s'pose.  ;)
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Farrandeelin

Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

yellowbellie

I presume in all seriousness that Brian Carthy would be next in line to take over as main commentator. He's number 2 at the moment and I presume he would see himself as Michael's succesor.

dodo

Quote from: yellowbellie on September 05, 2007, 06:00:21 PM
I presume in all seriousness that Brian Carthy would be next in line to take over as main commentator. He's number 2 at the moment and I presume he would see himself as Michael's succesor.

Brian Carty seems to have got rid of that irritating habit of repeating words unnecessarily, "a free a free, a free for Derry".

paddypastit

Carthy shouldn't be let near a microphone - he is a scandal that tax payers have to pay for.

come disagree with me on http://gushtystuppencehapenny.wordpress.com/ and spread the word

The Forfeit Point

muppet

Can't believe the nit-pickers are criticising Mícheál here.
QuoteWeakened his stock
FFS ::) That's like saying Maurice Fitzgerald missing an easy free after 30 years at the top would weaken his stock.

Cop on, Mícheál's place as the premier commentator in Gaa history is guaranteed. Its hardly his fault he will have to keep going till he is 100 as there is nothing coming after him.
MWWSI 2017

Rossfan

Quote from: The Forfeit Point on September 08, 2007, 07:06:51 PM
lads there is only one willie hegarty   ;)

Indeed  :D ::)- "he's stickin to him like chewin gum to the sole o yer shoe"
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

From the Bunker

Quote from: muppet on September 08, 2007, 08:23:18 PM
Can't believe the nit-pickers are criticising Mícheál here.
QuoteWeakened his stock
FFS ::) That's like saying Maurice Fitzgerald missing an easy free after 30 years at the top would weaken his stock.

Cop on, Mícheál's place as the premier commentator in Gaa history is guaranteed. Its hardly his fault he will have to keep going till he is 100 as there is nothing coming after him.

Muppet, i would rather if you included my total quote. To include Just "weakened his stock" misquotes me!

muppet

I most certainly did not misquote you. In fact I did you a favour as your statement was even worse than my paraphrasing (not misquote) suggested.

If I had just quoted this from your post it would have read even worse:
QuoteBut like all celebrities has often annoyed me with side-steps on controversial topics. Also hated that commentary to music he did a few years ago. Really weakened his stock!
MWWSI 2017

redhotmor

From the RTE website -

"RTÉ Radio 1 will have comprehensive coverage of the 2007 Hurling and Football Championships right throughout the summer with expert commentary and reports from the renowned team of Micheál Ó Muircheartaigh, Brian Carthy, Adrian Eames, John Kenny, Siobhán Madigan, Clem Ryan, Martin Kiely and Pauric Lodge".

One of these guys will take over - none of them leap out as being fantastic, but then we said there would never be another Michael O'Hehir.

Carmen Stateside

Could they not search for a successor, there has to be someone out there good at comentating!!

Barney

I like Martin Kiely.

Mike Finnerty on Mid West Radio is good, does some stuff for Setanta. But they would want to stay away from that Mal fella on Setanta. Woegious.

Owenmoresider

Quote from: Barney on September 09, 2007, 04:47:36 PM
I like Martin Kiely.

Mike Finnerty on Mid West Radio is good, does some stuff for Setanta. But they would want to stay away from that Mal fella on Setanta. Woegious.
Agreed, Finnerty is a good commentator alright.