UTV & BBC & RTE & TV3

Started by Tyrone Dreamer, August 02, 2007, 06:44:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

5 Sams

Fair play to Brolly.....had a pop at Winker in the Gaelic Life today....quote..

"The BBC's Stephen Watson pored over the footage on Wednesday night, before revealing to the viewers the unprincipled information that Noel was the principal of a primary school. He might have added "these GAA sorts are absolute savages."

Unquote
The Aristocrat Years

tkeitdwn

livin in Belfast when i go on the RTE sport website says video s can only be watched in the island of Ireland, and wont play for me.??? Where does RTE think Belfast is ?? a bit of free state bias me thinks.

Has anyone else had this problem / or know any solutions ? >:( >:(

ziggysego

Your ISP is a British provider and like mine, thinks I'm accessing the internet from Maidenshead (sp?)

You need to access it via an Irish Proxy. I don't know any, but I'm sure someone can.
Testing Accessibility

orangeman

Quote from: 5 Sams on October 31, 2008, 03:11:46 PM

"The BBC's Stephen Watson pored over the footage on Wednesday night, before revealing to the viewers the unprincipled information that Noel was the principal of a primary school. He might have added "these GAA sorts are absolute savages."

Unquote

Watson is a ------------------ !

orangeman

Quote from: orangeman on October 31, 2008, 04:56:27 PM
Quote from: 5 Sams on October 31, 2008, 03:11:46 PM

Unquote

Watson is a ------------------ !

So are his employers !

ziggysego

Ah now, Goals will come did his best and then he got demoted to BBC NI Sports Online.
Testing Accessibility

Tyrone Dreamer

I've a feeling the ulster club will be mentioned. My guess is bbc will focus on the Clonoe game and the suspended players playing - focusing on the gaa rule book. I caught their sports coverage 3 nights last week. On Monday and Wednesday it was all about the Clonoe Dromore game as discussed previously with the coverage solely focusing on the headbutts (which were shown 4 or 5 times) and no coverage of the game. On Thursday night they had a big bit about the Donegal managerial process and what a joke it was. No mention of the international rules game the next morning in which their was an ulster captain as well as numerous other ulster players involved. It will be interesting to see if their negative coverage of the gaa continues tonight.

lfdown2

ziggy just out of interest and not disagreeing but what exactly did goals will come do?

Yes I Would

Bitter bastards
Not a mention

ExiledGael

Quote from: bloody mary on November 03, 2008, 06:57:36 PM
Holy feck. The bbc didn't even mention the club games! Not one of them. They had steven Watson in cork for the setanta cup final, linfield goals and of course david Jeffrey, motorbikes, a report on wendy bloody hooverbag, and nothing at all on any of the 3 club games. Not even Clonoe, after all the reports last week on them, now they totally ignore them. So it was news last week but not this week. How can they justify that? It really is time something was done about this. Otherwise they'll just continue to treat gaa like this. The arrogance of it. I'm stunned! I wonder will they not bother doing Linfield next week just when they feel like it.

Could not believe that on BBC, some young fella at motocross crap and cricket even squeezed in.
What was the combined attendances at the weekend?
Some people here complain for very little but that was a proper disgrace.

ziggysego

Quote from: lfdown2 on November 03, 2008, 06:02:48 PM
ziggy just out of interest and not disagreeing but what exactly did goals will come do?

He was the Head of Sports for BBC NI. He went to the BBC NI to tried and increase their GAA coverage. Inter-county and Club football and hurling. Not just 'cause we have to' reporting at the end of the news, but meaningful stuff.
Testing Accessibility

Bitta-Banter

Wanted to see a bitta Ulster club action,watched both BBC and UTV and there wasnt a mention,they showed Setanta soccer,Lewis Hamilton,Irish cricket,Cyclingetc..but no GAAH!!!

ziggysego

Quote from: Bitta-Banter on November 03, 2008, 07:12:10 PM
Wanted to see a bitta Ulster club action,watched both BBC and UTV and there wasnt a mention,they showed Setanta soccer,Lewis Hamilton,Irish cricket,Cyclingetc..but no GAAH!!!

Aye... why the hell was Lewis Hamilton on local sport?
Testing Accessibility

Tyrone Dreamer

No coverage was better than what was on offer last week. Last week they had the cheek to show the headbutt 4 or 5 times but not one single second from the match. I was shocked on Thursday night when they had a big story about the way the Donegal County Board had handled appointing a new manager. Talk about focusing on the negatives of the game.

imtommygunn

to be fair they've stepped it up on the radio

are there different people in charge of tv and radio sports? i guess so?