UTV & BBC & RTE & TV3

Started by Tyrone Dreamer, August 02, 2007, 06:44:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

downgirl

Quote from: ONeill on July 01, 2008, 07:14:21 PM
Yer man on the sidelines interviewing managers and players before during and after on the BBC is some bucko. Can't remember his name - wears make up. Some of his questions kill me. "Do you think you can win the final?" was something he asked of Ciaran McKeever and a few others. I really do curl in embarrassment as he draws breath for the next question.

Do you mean Thomas Kane??  I always thought he was wearing a bit of makeup...thought he might have been wearing mascara too???

Yes I Would

Thats the very boy. Doesnt know if its pumped or stuffed!!

downgirl

He looks like he wears more makeup than I do!!!

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

5 Sams

You'd think some hoor in the BBC is assigned to deliberately wind us up :-\
The Aristocrat Years

armaghniac

Are the BBC likely to cover the Ulster final replay, not expecting football on that day I have something else on. I expect the Freestate stations already have games to cover that day.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

FermGael

I nearly sure they said that they are.

Bring back Jimmy Smith.  Sidebottom was brutal yesterday.
Do you reckon he was trying to beat the world record for the number of clichés said in commentary??
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

Maguire01

Quote from: armaghniac on July 21, 2008, 01:48:16 PM
Are the BBC likely to cover the Ulster final replay, not expecting football on that day I have something else on. I expect the Freestate stations already have games to cover that day.
Yes - Austin said yesterday that it would be live.

bloody mary

'Yes I would' - what do you mean about 'don't get me started about that kane fella on bbc'? Every week someone says that here but I never see it so I was wondering what yourse are on about! And yes, it was square ball, my immediate thought, as when Owens got the goal against Derry, but sure everyone wanted Fermanagh to beat us.

blasmere

Quote from: FermGael on July 21, 2008, 01:56:42 PM

Do you reckon he was trying to beat the world record for the number of clichés said in commentary??

I couldn't listen to him after about 10 minutes, I had to change it to tv3, Mike Finnerty was loads better.
A sure cure for seasickness is to sit under a tree

Oriel Man

Quote from: blasmere on July 21, 2008, 04:51:18 PM

I couldn't listen to him after about 10 minutes, I had to change it to tv3, Mike Finnerty was loads better.

Yea, I actually agree...... Finnerty wasn't bad, but TV3 are still brutal.
I hope i never have the misfortune of hearing Trevor Welsh commentate on a Football match again (He's bad enough with Soccer nevermind GAA). The Monaghan Vs Derry commentary was the worst live commentary ever!!!!

SCENTOFSAM

I actually texted BBC about all those stupid cliches yesterday. It was mind numbing and even Gormley was getting fed up with him. Too long spent in the company of J Fullerton

Yes I Would

Had reservations about TV3 and Matt Cooper, but enjoy the pre-match, half time and post match analysis.
Magee, Canavan & Connell work well together. Was also pleasantly surprised with David Brady. If they can get a decent commentary team, theyd be the dogs bollix!!

Sidebottom tries hard but it does become cringeworthy at times. 30 mins to go yesterday he was for packing up his mike and heading home. At least Gormley had the wit to suggest that a couple of Fermanagh scores could get them back into it!

As i said before dont know how Enda keeps a straight face with him.

Gold

Quote from: bloody mary on July 21, 2008, 04:27:19 PM
'Yes I would' - what do you mean about 'don't get me started about that kane fella on bbc'? Every week someone says that here but I never see it so I was wondering what yourse are on about! And yes, it was square ball, my immediate thought, as when Owens got the goal against Derry, but sure everyone wanted Fermanagh to beat us.

you must be Kane or a relative, thats 2 threads you've asked that question on
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

thewobbler

I'd have to agree that Sidey's attempts to add humour to the proceedings are unnecessary and unwelcome.