UTV & BBC & RTE & TV3

Started by Tyrone Dreamer, August 02, 2007, 06:44:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jodyb

Could someone pleeeeeease gag that sidebottom w@nker!!!??? How many names did he get wrong today? How many rationale calls did he get wrong? His general commentary is appalling. Gormley's as boring as fcuk, but at least he knows what he's talking about!!

orangeman

Quote from: jodyb on June 08, 2008, 09:34:51 PM
Could someone pleeeeeease gag that sidebottom w@nker!!!??? How many names did he get wrong today? How many rationale calls did he get wrong? His general commentary is appalling. Gormley's as boring as fcuk, but at least he knows what he's talking about!!
[/b]

I'm sure he does but he said how effective Kevin Hughes was today for Tyrone - a different Kevin Hughes to what I saw !  ;)

jodyb

Still scored a point that kept yes in it near the end

Feckitt

Quote from: zoyler on June 08, 2008, 06:37:10 PM
You can always depend on the BBC - A great game between Down & Tyrone and we get to see that well known and popular 'Ulster' sport - Clay Court Tennis from Paris - thanks a bunch lads!

This time you can't even use the excuse of the UEFA tourament - the times did not clash!

Would you ever stop complaining!!  The BBC are showing 7 live Ulster matches, and full deferred coverage of todays game.  They haven't always been too hot on GAA in the past, but this year they are making an effort.  The Championship programme is not perfect, but it is a big improvement on previous years.  Their website and teletext are always up to date on GAA news.  I have often criticised the BBC in the past, and I continue to despair with UTV, but you have to be fair, and recognise the big improvement the BBC have made in their coverage.

mick999

You can always depend on the BBC - A great game between Down & Tyrone and we get to see that well known and popular 'Ulster' sport - Clay Court Tennis from Paris - thanks a bunch lads!

This time you can't even use the excuse of the UEFA tourament - the times did not clash!

BBC were not allowed to show the game live ... From their website:

Lots of Tyrone and Down fans have been asking this week why Sunday's game is a deferred showing on BBC TWO and not a LIVE one.

The BBC is very keen to show the game live but the television contract simply does not allow us to do so.

The GAA's Primary TV rights holders for the football and hurling championships are RTE and TV3. The BBC is a secondary rights holder.

This means we can show the same game live in the Ulster Championship simultaneously with RTE - or in the case of the Ulster final, with TV3.

But we cannot go "head-to-head" with either broadcaster when they're broadcasting a different, non-Ulster Championship game at the same time.

This Sunday, RTE is covering the Munster hurling championship game between Cork and Tipperary at 1400 BST while TV3 is showing the Leinster football championship match between Dublin and Louth live at 1600 BST.

The Tyrone-Down game throws in at 1545 - so there's an obvious clash. Fortunately, this appears to be the only Sunday when this 'clash' affects the Ulster Championship. The other seven matches, including the Provincial final on July 20th, will be live on BBC NI.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

That seems like a fair enough excuse from the beeb, its a pity the clause exists.
Wonder will BBC2 show the replay live next Saturday?
Tbc....

Tyrone Dreamer

UTV say that Tyrone wingers Enda McGinley and Colm Cavanagh are doubtful for next week.

passedit

Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on June 09, 2008, 01:30:45 PM
That seems like a fair enough excuse from the beeb, its a pity the clause exists.
Wonder will BBC2 show the replay live next Saturday?

yeah but why not stick it on iplayer as rte was webcasting it to everyone but the outcasts in the occupied territories?
Don't Panic

Tyrone Dreamer

Quote from: mick999 on June 09, 2008, 01:12:50 AM

BBC were not allowed to show the game live ... From their website:

Lots of Tyrone and Down fans have been asking this week why Sunday's game is a deferred showing on BBC TWO and not a LIVE one.

The BBC is very keen to show the game live but the television contract simply does not allow us to do so.

The GAA's Primary TV rights holders for the football and hurling championships are RTE and TV3. The BBC is a secondary rights holder.

This means we can show the same game live in the Ulster Championship simultaneously with RTE - or in the case of the Ulster final, with TV3.

But we cannot go "head-to-head" with either broadcaster when they're broadcasting a different, non-Ulster Championship game at the same time.

This Sunday, RTE is covering the Munster hurling championship game between Cork and Tipperary at 1400 BST while TV3 is showing the Leinster football championship match between Dublin and Louth live at 1600 BST.

The Tyrone-Down game throws in at 1545 - so there's an obvious clash. Fortunately, this appears to be the only Sunday when this 'clash' affects the Ulster Championship. The other seven matches, including the Provincial final on July 20th, will be live on BBC NI.

Dont really understand their explanation. How did they show the Cavan Antrim game which wasnt on rte or tv3 or how are they showing the Armagh game next week which isnt on rte or tv3? Doubt the Tyrone game will be on live on Saturday night.

zoyler

I accept what the BBC say about there inability to showTyrone v Down live and that blame rests with Croke Park negotiators. 

I await with interest what will happen re radio coverage of Ulster Club Championship this autumn after the nonsense that went on last year.

glens73

Steven McDonnell scores a free and Sidebottom says he is as accurate as Einstein

Also he says, Armagh are like a bucking bull that you can't get off your back.

Our Nail Loney

sidebottom is becoming a panto character! have to admit though i laugh at some of the shite he comes out with!

Tyrone Dreamer

"Tyrone's all star winger Owen Mulligan is back in training".

Leo

The crassness of the BBC item last night about the danger to spectators from balls being kicked in at the goals hits an all-time low in terms of relevance and priority and dominated the piece about the highest attened (non-free) sporting event in "Ulster" so far this year.

Time to get professional.
Ulster Council should have a media department monitroing and liasing with TV people about these things - prper professional PR set up urgently required not a job for some a***ole lackey from within.
Fierce tame altogether

ONeill

Yer man on the sidelines interviewing managers and players before during and after on the BBC is some bucko. Can't remember his name - wears make up. Some of his questions kill me. "Do you think you can win the final?" was something he asked of Ciaran McKeever and a few others. I really do curl in embarrassment as he draws breath for the next question.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.