UTV & BBC & RTE & TV3

Started by Tyrone Dreamer, August 02, 2007, 06:44:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ExiledGael

Good to see. Hope the attendances stay up and it's not played out before half empty stadiums. Up to the GAA on that one I think.
Are the finer details of the GAA TV rights made public. I'd love to know if the GAA took a hit on this to make it possible for us nordies or did the BBC cough up big time.

Louth Exile

That is good to see indeed. You would like to think that the BBC coughed up big figures like the rest, but I somehow doubt it  :-\

Credit where credit is due though

PS: What was the coverage of Parnell park like tonight??
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

ExiledGael

Only time you'll see any action involving two southern teams, and that includes All-Ireland day.
Showed the second Meath goal, a Connolly point and all the bad stuff.

Louth Exile

Quote from: ExiledGael on April 21, 2008, 09:23:50 PM
Only time you'll see any action involving two southern teams, and that includes All-Ireland day.
Showed the second Meath goal, a Connolly point and all the bad stuff.

Which station??
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

Tyrone Dreamer

Thats unreal if they showed clips from the Dubs match. UTV or BBC didnt even mention the all ireland hurling final (and possibly the football final to) with their excuse obviously being that it didnt involve local teams even though it is one of the biggest days in Irish sport. Says it all if they turn round and show clips from Dublin Meath tonight after a row.

scalder

Lads there was mention of Mr Brolly and others taking legal action to get some sort of balance into the reporting of our games, has there been any news on this?

Feckitt

For the last two Sundays now, UTV Sport on Sunday have lead with Linfield and Saturdays NI soccer, and only give the gaa results at the end with no coverage.

A case of Rugby on a Friday, Soccer on a Saturday and Soccer on a Sunday.

In fairness BBC have tightened up a bit this year but UTV (Logan is Head of Sport) still fawn over the local soccer whether or not there is anyone at it.

I very rarely buy the Belfast Telegraph, but did so yesterday to read Adrian Logan's page on the GAA.  He refers to RTE as 'Television down South'.  I think that sums up his attitude.  We can't rely on him to do anything to promote GAA on UTV.  I think it's a case of him playing his masters tune.

Maroon Heaven

I might be late on this but I heard the Belfast Telegraph and News Letter have had board meetings and agreed to increase the Gaa Content to meet the standards wanted by their readers.

Big step for News letter if that is the case. I am not expecting to be given a glossy 8 page spread, so we'll see.

There is also an Ulster Rugby Magazine called "InTouch Rugby" which plans to roll out a Gaa edition. This would be given free before some of the big Ulster game. Has done well within the Ulster Rugby and if they get it right might do okay for the Gaa.

Uladh

I see utv had oisin McConville listed as a "winger returning from injury" all weekend. i have now concluded that his use of the "winger" term is an injoke and they know well it pisses people off.

Feckitt

I can't remember the last time utv teletext didn't call a player a winger.  They are definitely doing it on purpose.

screenexile

Quote from: Feckitt on April 22, 2008, 03:48:53 PM
I can't remember the last time utv teletext didn't call a player a winger.  They are definitely doing it on purpose.

I think that's hilarious... I think we should rebrand all our positions so that they sound cooler. A Winger would be a good start!

rrhf

"I see utv had oisin McConville listed as a "winger returning from injury" all weekend. i have now concluded that his use of the "winger" term is an injoke and they know well it pisses people off." Uladh says

I dont know about that Uladh maybe it was a simple typo and they missed the h.

tyssam5

Quote from: rrhf on April 22, 2008, 04:23:37 PM

"I see utv had oisin McConville listed as a "winger returning from injury" all weekend. i have now concluded that his use of the "winger" term is an injoke and they know well it pisses people off." Uladh says

I dont know about that Uladh maybe it was a simple typo and they missed the h.

I was just thinking the same thing, but yours is better. Mine had the same number of letters as the original but the 2nd and 4th were different.

SCENTOFSAM

Quote from: Tyrone Dreamer on April 21, 2008, 09:43:58 PM
Thats unreal if they showed clips from the Dubs match. UTV or BBC didnt even mention the all ireland hurling final (and possibly the football final to) with their excuse obviously being that it didnt involve local teams even though it is one of the biggest days in Irish sport. Says it all if they turn round and show clips from Dublin Meath tonight after a row.
See the Dublin Meath "brawl" to be on BBC Newsline tonight again

ziggysego

Was on UTV again tonight.
Testing Accessibility