UTV & BBC & RTE & TV3

Started by Tyrone Dreamer, August 02, 2007, 06:44:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ziggysego

Quote from: hardstation on March 01, 2008, 01:14:31 AM
He had a bebo page once that claimed he was 100 and something. Likes Maradona too.

How you know? It was a private profile.
Testing Accessibility

Maguire01

Stephen Watson was on the ball last night.  Apparently Tony Kernan is making his Armagh debut on Sunday.

Out in Front

Did the BBC manage to get through the sport on Newsline on Friday without mentioning the weekend's NFL and HHL action or was I dreaming?

This was posted on the Down thread, and a good point it is too - "One point of order- on a night when six Ulster teams were playing there was not even a score, let alone a report, from any game on Radio Ulster. A disgrace and everyone on this board who pays a TV licence should demand better from the BBC."

bloody mary

Are we surprised? sure wasn't watson out in new york with yer man duddy the boxer who they're trying to make into a champion but he's no chance -t hat's where the money goes... on a dud... excuse the pun...

orangeman

Congratulations to the BBC on tonights coverage of the Norn Iron match -

Good to see they've also put out highlights of the under 21 match from Casement and have provided a real good report from the match - just go the BBC site for further details of a very comprehensive report !

BIGOTS !

lfdown2

noticed that myself,not a mention even that there were gaa matches on last night though highlights from u21 soccer friendly and every goal from thonirish league shite!!

Tyrone Dreamer

Last Saturday on sportsround the BBC showed goals from every Irish league game and had intereviews etc - some of the matches didnt seem to have any more than a 100 at them. Fermanagh played in the national league and they quickly gave out the result at the end. Why no camera at it, why was it different to the Irish league games which had smaller attendances or the hockey games which nobody at all goes to watch?

They gave out the results from the 1st division soccer, all the rugby club results and from all the hockey divisions etc - crowds at Tyrone club league games would be a lot higher (and other counties in Ulster) but there's not a hope in hell they'd ever be given out on tv.

Rossfan

Lads - instead of giving out about it here why not start putting motions to Co Board Meetings and to Ulster Council meetings to write official letters of complaint followed by either stop paying licences or Court Action under parity of esteem heading in th ecase of the BBC and in the case of UTV let all GAA people ensure that they give no advertising to UTV.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

orangeman

Quote from: Rossfan on March 27, 2008, 07:07:26 PM
Lads - instead of giving out about it here why not start putting motions to Co Board Meetings and to Ulster Council meetings to write official letters of complaint followed by either stop paying licences or Court Action under parity of esteem heading in th ecase of the BBC and in the case of UTV let all GAA people ensure that they give no advertising to UTV.

Good idea Rossfan !

scalder

No way would I pay my TV licence if I was up north with that sort of inequity taking place.

lfdown2

and what may i ask would you do scalder, sent the letter of complaint the time paddy heaney brought it up, and maybe thats the next step for brolly et al, once the pay for play debate is over of course!!

orangeman

Is Mr. Brolly out there ? If so send me pm so that we can discuss please - thanks

jodyb

Usual story tonight. 3mins of irish league soccer, 2 mins of rugby, 4 minutes of some fat fu#k on a surf board in portrush >:( and 2 mins of golf. Not a word about the weekends football fest

Tyrone Dreamer

And not just any golf. Coverage and interviews of two 13 year old girls from Cavan playing golf! Joke but at least theyve promised to show the irish cup semi final goals tomorrow. No mention of the big ulster derby between Tyrone and Donegal or the clash of Armagh and Dublin which is set to attract more than the 2 irish cup semis put together.

jodyb

Fu#k me!! Surfin on the beeb as well. Only this time it's in Bundoran.