UTV & BBC & RTE & TV3

Started by Tyrone Dreamer, August 02, 2007, 06:44:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

Yeah exactly. I am not sure why they did it. I suspect it was a Uk block forgetting NI. Hopefully it won't be done again.

armaghniac

Quote from: imtommygunn on February 02, 2022, 03:28:55 PM
Yeah exactly. I am not sure why they did it. I suspect it was a Uk block forgetting NI. Hopefully it won't be done again.

People need to make sure that Sky refund their fees to some extent, as it is a deliberate failure to provide service. Then it won't happen again.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

APM

I don't know if it has been raised on here, but two issues with the BBC have been getting my goat:

• increasingly GAA content displayed only on the GAA page and not on the BBC NI homepage
  • the lack of radio coverage - Irish League soccer on all day Saturday and no radio coverage of the GAA, except hidden away online

It's like we're at the back of the bus. 

imtommygunn

i was in my parents house either 2 or 3 sundays ago when loads of league games were on. They'd the utv news and sport on at 5ish or whatever time it was. There wasn't a mention of the gaelic on it at all and that was a football sunday. (hurling gets less attention I know)

Sky didn't block the game(s) at the weekend. There's no reason they should be doing that so I am hoping it was a one off.

At least we are getting iplayer games APM which tbh for me is progress though they must have a down influence for near all the games have down in them but it's a start!

johnnycool

Quote from: imtommygunn on February 10, 2022, 03:14:40 PM
i was in my parents house either 2 or 3 sundays ago when loads of league games were on. They'd the utv news and sport on at 5ish or whatever time it was. There wasn't a mention of the gaelic on it at all and that was a football sunday. (hurling gets less attention I know)

Sky didn't block the game(s) at the weekend. There's no reason they should be doing that so I am hoping it was a one off.

At least we are getting iplayer games APM which tbh for me is progress though they must have a down influence for near all the games have down in them but it's a start!

Soft power Tommy, don't underestimate it..
;)

Tyrone Dreamer

I watched utv sport on Friday and Sunday. The Tyrone Armagh match wasn't mentioned on Friday when previewing the weekends sporting highlights. Come Monday it managed to get on the sports coverage ahead of the six nations. All the focus was on the row with one small clip from the game at the end. That's the kind of bias that should be highlighted and challenged.

BBC are definitely better than them (maybe only because they have to be). Though it's a bit annoying that they can show ulster games on bbc2 but even though they've the rights for Armagh Monaghan next weekend its on the I Player. Also is there any word if they're covering this weeks MacRory Cup final?

imtommygunn

Quote from: johnnycool on February 10, 2022, 03:23:56 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on February 10, 2022, 03:14:40 PM

Soft power Tommy, don't underestimate it..
;)

;D

AustinPowers

How do I  register for  this bbc iplayer thing?

I don't like giving  those bbc arses my details.

So what is the best way to do this? 

armaghniac

Quote from: AustinPowers on January 28, 2023, 01:59:14 PM

If they stream it on the website, as they say, then you should not have to register.

AustinPowers

Quote from: armaghniac on January 28, 2023, 02:08:48 PM

If they stream it on the website, as they say, then you should not have to register.

Apparently not

I tried to watch  one of the fa cup  matches on bbc site and  it's saying I need to register

armaghniac

Quote from: AustinPowers on January 28, 2023, 02:29:03 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on January 28, 2023, 02:08:48 PM

Apparently not

I tried to watch  one of the fa cup  matches on bbc site and  it's saying I need to register

I keep an email address for this type of thing that wouldn't be much connected to me otherwise.

Hereiam

You all need to compare the live reporting for both the NI soccer and the GAA right now. Tells u all you need to know

full moon

No idea why games are being broadcast on BBC I player still when it's geoblocked in Republic. You can get it with VPN but serious bother for people to do that.

Apparently Armagh Monaghan is on GAA Go too but it mentioned 12 quid PPV. I have GAA Go sub but don't think it has league games?!

imtommygunn

I just checked and thought it looked like I had Armagh Monaghan. I have only that championship subscription.

full moon

Quote from: imtommygunn on January 28, 2023, 05:27:36 PM
I just checked and thought it looked like I had Armagh Monaghan. I have only that championship subscription.
It says Paid on it for mine so not sure if it will work?