UTV & BBC & RTE & TV3

Started by Tyrone Dreamer, August 02, 2007, 06:44:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

And another bugbear is the camerawork.

The game has changed but the camera techniques haven't. Countless times on Sunday, after a score or a wide, the cameraman missed the quick kick-outs. You were only able to gauge what was happening was by the noise of the crowd or the reactions of the player/blade in the crowd they were zooming in on. Had there been a quick turnover/mistake, the ball would have been in the back of the net before the camera followed the play.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Dubh driocht

Totally ONeill. It was frustrating to say the least; was the coverage from BBC Camera people who aren't used to covering GAA matches ? If it was RTE people there are no excuses.
I agree with Marty Clarke as an analyst; has insight but recognises these are amateurs and doesn't try to slag players.
He was blown away with Cavanaghs point.
Pity he has so much time to spend in the studio rather than on the pitch :(

twohands!!!

Quote from: Dubh driocht on July 20, 2016, 09:23:30 PM
Totally ONeill. It was frustrating to say the least; was the coverage from BBC Camera people who aren't used to covering GAA matches ? If it was RTE people there are no excuses.
I agree with Marty Clarke as an analyst; has insight but recognises these are amateurs and doesn't try to slag players.

Yup was the BBC NI camera feed as an Ulster game.
It's been going on for ages with the BBC NI games.
When Donnelly got his black they had a shot of him sitting on the bench with a jersey over his head, while the game was going on.
Their use of the replay function is terrible - and causes them to miss a lot of the action.
Don't get me started on their shots of management on the sideline - adds nothing to proceedings.
As for their utterly gormless crowd shots - why in the name of god would any sports broadcaster decide it's a reasonable choice to show shots of the crowd while there is action going on.
I'm convinced it is a deliberate policy by BBC NI as it's just not plausible to be so consistently inept.

Clinker

Quote from: ONeill on July 20, 2016, 08:49:57 PM
And another bugbear is the camerawork.

The game has changed but the camera techniques haven't. Countless times on Sunday, after a score or a wide, the cameraman missed the quick kick-outs. You were only able to gauge what was happening was by the noise of the crowd or the reactions of the player/blade in the crowd they were zooming in on. Had there been a quick turnover/mistake, the ball would have been in the back of the net before the camera followed the play.

Paul Durcan says that nobody wants to see stupid stuff like the ball being kicked out.
Concentrate on the crowd scenes.

ziggysego

Quote from: twohands!!! on July 20, 2016, 10:11:20 PM

I always thought it was RTE cameras and the BBC used their feed. However, they could edit it or use which camera they so wished.

Testing Accessibility

ONeill

Quote from: ziggysego on July 20, 2016, 11:10:43 PM

I always thought it was RTE cameras and the BBC used their feed. However, they could edit it or use which camera they so wished.

Yes it was the same images for both. Sort it out Ziggy FFS.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ziggysego

Quote from: ONeill on July 20, 2016, 11:24:03 PM
Quote from: ziggysego on July 20, 2016, 11:10:43 PM

Yes it was the same images for both. Sort it out Ziggy FFS.

Just realised, I haven't watched it back on RTE yet. Losing the plot here....
Testing Accessibility

Feckitt

UTV didn't even mention the All Ireland Final.  The biggest game in the Sporting calendar.  I think the responsibility for this ongoing shit lies fully with the Ulster Council. What the f**k are they doing! Why do they allow this year after year after year?

BennyCake

Quote from: Feckitt on October 03, 2016, 10:41:14 PM
UTV didn't even mention the All Ireland Final.  The biggest game in the Sporting calendar.  I think the responsibility for this ongoing shit lies fully with the Ulster Council. What the f**k are they doing! Why do they allow this year after year after year?

They only mention GAA when there's a big fracas.

Besides, the Belfast Giants are more important

Rossfan

New €55m deal with RTÈ and Sky in the offing??
Will this include the proposed "Super 8" series?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

armaghniac

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Rossfan

New media deal Officially announced today.
That News talk crowd have lost out on the radio side of things.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Feckitt

Just overheard on some local NI radio channel.

Down travel to the South West were they take on Cavan in Enniskillen.   ::) :-\

Owen Brannigan

Thank goodness for the Premier Sports broadcasting the Ulster and Leinster finals in HD while RTE concedes its HD broadcast channel to some on-going soccer competition and BBC offers an SD broadcast on BBCNI.

Apart from the terrible Cork performance on the field and in the stands as supporters left very early, it was very hard to watch the football in an SD broadcast.

RedHand88

Quote from: Owen Brannigan on June 24, 2018, 10:38:07 AM
Thank goodness for the Premier Sports broadcasting the Ulster and Leinster finals in HD while RTE concedes its HD broadcast channel to some on-going soccer competition and BBC offers an SD broadcast on BBCNI.

Apart from the terrible Cork performance on the field and in the stands as supporters left very early, it was very hard to watch the football in an SD broadcast.

You really wonder how we lived without HD. Am I right in saying RTE1 does exist in HD but just not on the sky platform?