UTV & BBC & RTE & TV3

Started by Tyrone Dreamer, August 02, 2007, 06:44:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

armaghniac

The agenda lies in not securing the rights.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

munchkin

Quote from: armaghniac on February 08, 2016, 09:28:58 AM
RTE TV and TG4 is available now in every corner of northern ireland, either from Saorview overspill or directly via freeview so the need for BBC to show anything beyond the ulster championship is not there.

Their coverage of the national league wouldnt be great, but you still have a raft of southern local radio stations online which cover the games so its not like the old days that someone in the back of Antrim relied completely on BBC for their GAA coverage.

armaghniac

If Antrim play some other place, you are saying that they should rely on the local media for the opposition. Why should their local media not provide a similar service?

Feckitt

Quote from: munchkin on February 08, 2016, 09:36:47 AM
RTE TV and TG4 is available now in every corner of northern ireland, either from Saorview overspill or directly via freeview so the need for BBC to show anything beyond the ulster championship is not there.

Their coverage of the national league wouldnt be great, but you still have a raft of southern local radio stations online which cover the games so its not like the old days that someone in the back of Antrim relied completely on BBC for their GAA coverage.

Serious question, can you please tell me how to get RTE for free in the North, I have looked into this, and I cannot seem to find anyway of getting it without paying for it.  RTE currently costs me £25 per month.

johnneycool

RTE and TG4 are transmitted from Divis, so if you've a HD TV or set top box, you should be able to get it, although CL football and so on will be blue screened.
I can get RTE from a transmitter in Louth and the CL football and stuff isn't blue screened, but that's luck of the draw depending on location.

armaghniac

Quote from: Feckitt on February 08, 2016, 10:51:42 AM
Quote from: munchkin on February 08, 2016, 09:36:47 AM

Serious question, can you please tell me how to get RTE for free in the North, I have looked into this, and I cannot seem to find anyway of getting it without paying for it.  RTE currently costs me £25 per month.

RTE is broadcast from NI transmitters, albeit at somewhat reduced power, any Freeview HD set can pick it up.

MoChara

I've lived in Belfast for years and could never pick up the southern stations same up at home in North Antrim, trying a few different free view boxes etc, only thing that seemed to work was Sky.

If I'm, doing something wrong, How'd you's get it tuned in?

sensethetone

If a TV is an MPEG4 type it should receive RTE without having to get any other device.

armaghniac

Quote from: sensethetone on February 08, 2016, 12:45:53 PM
If a TV is an MPEG4 type it should receive RTE without having to get any other device.

This is not quite true of the NI transmitters, which use DVB-T2, there could exist some TV sets that could receive Saorview but not these transmissions. However any Freeview HD set will and this should be any set on sale nowadays.

ONeill

Martin Clarke's a dead on sidekick. Doesn't try to be profound. Positive in nature.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: ONeill on July 17, 2016, 09:13:00 PM
Martin Clarke's a dead on sidekick. Doesn't try to be profound. Positive in nature.
The Oolster Scots twang music to the ears.

ned

Quote from: Tony Baloney on July 17, 2016, 09:15:21 PM
Perfect analyser. Does not just say what he sees, offers insight that us mere mortals may not notice. As for Martin McH, I think he talks ome sense if only he would finish his sentences!

muppet

Quote from: ned on July 17, 2016, 09:21:23 PM
Perfect analyser. Does not just say what he sees, offers insight that us mere mortals may not notice. As for Martin McH, I think he talks ome sense if only he would finish his sentences!

...or his words.
MWWSI 2017

ONeill

Recorded both BBC and RTE and it was stark how dated the Spillane/ORourke pairing is. They harped on about the state of football instead of accepting it is what it is and analysing match ups etc. BBC dissected the game with players who were on the field only a few years ago.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Main Street

Quote from: muppet on July 17, 2016, 11:18:11 PM
Quote from: ned on July 17, 2016, 09:21:23 PM

...or his words.
We know that's never ever going to happen with McHugh, he's grand on the pundits chair just as long as he's not the co commentator. Though I don't know how he can do the punditry  considering his sons are heavily involved, I'd be in a sort of deranged state not unlike McHugh in his normal state.