UTV & BBC & RTE & TV3

Started by Tyrone Dreamer, August 02, 2007, 06:44:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Feckitt

2016 now and the BBC are still refusing to call the National League by its correct title.  Is this because they refuse to recognise an All Ireland competition as a national competition in the sense that they do not want to upset the type of supremacists that would call it an International competition ?

Hereiam

Its because they are a shower of cnuts. They seem to have dropped Derry now altogether in news items and only refer to if when reporting gaelic games.

Feckitt

Here are the National League results as published on the BBC website, what is the f**king point in this? 

Allianz Football League

Sunday 7 February

DONEGAL 2-14 1-7 CORK

MONAGHAN 0-13 0-11 DOWN

FERMANAGH 0-10 0-6 MEATH

GALWAY 1-9 1-11 TYRONE

ANTRIM 1-8 0-7 WEXFORD

armaghniac

Contrast this with BBC HQ who was a lot of coverage of a game not involving anywhere within their remit
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/35512966
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Feckitt

Can you imagine the stupidity of BBC not reporting on France v Italy in the 6 Nations, because it does not involve teams from the UK.  Of course it would not happen, it wouldn't make sense.

Why then are the BBC afraid to tell us that Roscommon beat Kerry or that Dublin beat Mayo.  Why are they afraid to call the competition by it's correct title 'The National League'

Why after all these years is Gaelic Games still on crackly Medium wave which is shit reception at best, no reception at worst.  Also there is  nothing on on FM anyway.

OgraAnDun

sambostar

Quote from: Feckitt on February 07, 2016, 05:34:52 PM
Can you imagine the stupidity of BBC not reporting on France v Italy in the 6 Nations, because it does not involve teams from the UK.  Of course it would not happen, it wouldn't make sense.

Why then are the BBC afraid to tell us that Roscommon beat Kerry or that Dublin beat Mayo.  Why are they afraid to call the competition by it's correct title 'The National League'

Why after all these years is Gaelic Games still on crackly Medium wave which is shit reception at best, no reception at worst.  Also there is  nothing on on FM anyway.
RTE are a joke too - talked about rugby from 2.00 whilst NFL games in full swing. They occasionally went for score-checks to the div1 games but just read out the scores for other games. Then full commentary for 2 hours on rugby game. I turn on rte2 now & rugby still on til 6!! 4 hours coverage for 1 game. Then tonight they shoe-horn a full NFL programme of games into 1 hour. It's a bloody disgrace & gaa should take note when negotiating future TV rights

redzone

The gaa should have there own station. It would make some money

Feckitt

Yes but there is still a big difference between BBC & RTE.

The biggest day in the Irish sporting calendar is the All Ireland Finals,  If an Ulster team is in the final BBC will make a big deal of it.  If an Ulster team is not in the final it would be lucky to even get a mention.  But GAA fans don't look at it that way,  whether it's Down v Cork one year and Dublin v Kerry the next it is still the All Ireland Final.  Ah f**k it yez know what I mean.

straightred

Quote from: sambostar on February 07, 2016, 05:51:06 PM
Quote from: Feckitt on February 07, 2016, 05:34:52 PM

RTE are a joke too - talked about rugby from 2.00 whilst NFL games in full swing. They occasionally went for score-checks to the div1 games but just read out the scores for other games. Then full commentary for 2 hours on rugby game. I turn on rte2 now & rugby still on til 6!! 4 hours coverage for 1 game. Then tonight they shoe-horn a full NFL programme of games into 1 hour. It's a bloody disgrace & gaa should take note when negotiating future TV rights

Was raging myself at this earlier. Was driving and couldn't get access to local radio stations.Admittedly i've little more than a passing interest in rugby but they could easily have  given us 1st half commentary from one of the games and then gone to the rugby in time for kickoff. Instead we got a load of chatter and  nonsense that served very little purpose (except to upset myself and samobstar !)

Apart from the merits of the game itself rugby gets a hugely disproportionate amount of coverage.

T Fearon

BBC radio Ulster had live coverage of Cushendall yesterday afternoon,Derry V Cavan last night (with reporters at Armagh match) and this afternoon,covered Monsghan V Down live with reports from all other games involving Ulster teams.Not bad,in my opinion.

I was involved with Armagh TV for a while a few years ago and the biggest obstacles to live visual coverage was from the Ulster Council and GAA in Croke Park who wouldn't permit live broadcasts,on the web even,of Armagh's Mc Kenna Cup or NFL games.

macdanger2

Quote from: Feckitt on February 07, 2016, 04:47:29 PM
Here are the National League results as published on the BBC website, what is the f**king point in this? 

Allianz Football League

Sunday 7 February

DONEGAL 2-14 1-7 CORK

MONAGHAN 0-13 0-11 DOWN

FERMANAGH 0-10 0-6 MEATH

GALWAY 1-9 1-11 TYRONE

ANTRIM 1-8 0-7 WEXFORD
Extremely odd considering that Donegal and Monaghan don't even fall under the remit of "NI"

charlieTully

Quote from: macdanger2 on February 07, 2016, 07:06:06 PM

Allianz Football League

Sunday 7 February

DONEGAL 2-14 1-7 CORK

MONAGHAN 0-13 0-11 DOWN

FERMANAGH 0-10 0-6 MEATH

GALWAY 1-9 1-11 TYRONE

ANTRIM 1-8 0-7 WEXFORD
Extremely odd considering that Donegal and Monaghan don't even fall under the remit of "NI"

They are in ULSTEEERRRRRRRRRRRR, they are brits at heart, sure they all work in the occupied six.

Kuwabatake Sanjuro

NFL Sunday is atrocious, Whelan just gave away the result of a match they didn't show yet which didn't affect me but still was unprofessional. 2 minute reports are inadequate too.

Main Street

Quote from: macdanger2 on February 07, 2016, 07:06:06 PM

Allianz Football League

Sunday 7 February

DONEGAL 2-14 1-7 CORK

MONAGHAN 0-13 0-11 DOWN

FERMANAGH 0-10 0-6 MEATH

GALWAY 1-9 1-11 TYRONE

ANTRIM 1-8 0-7 WEXFORD
The Belfast Telegraph in particular loves to cover the exploits of the lost 3. Donegal, Monaghan and Cavan, though mainly the first 2 :)
BBC NI web site GAA is lacking supervision and updating.
They do have all the results from the NFL this weekend but they are posted as part of the Monaghan Down match report, which is enthralling reading btw.
They do have a  fixture/results link to the GAA.IE website which just happens to be out of date.
I suspect the BBC have an attention deficit to their GAA coverage  as well as every other sport in NI, that they cover.

Had I had the misfortune of being born inside the 6 counties, I would already have gone through the bureaucratic process of cleansing myself of the real original sin  - the imposed birthright of British nationality, only assume my Irish identity and take life easy.