Started by Tyrone Dreamer, August 02, 2007, 06:44:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

muppet

Quote from: hardstation on December 05, 2013, 10:04:10 PM
What has our association become.......?

Subscribe to Chanel 32 to find out!
MWWSI 2017

5 Sams

Pretty good programme on the 2013 season tonight on RTE 2. McStay was good and Malachy Clerkin always brings a fresh insight. I thought Ger Brennan was a wee bit reluctant to give Gooch any praise for one of the best performances ever in Croke Park. Maybe it was because he couldn't get close enough to kick him ;)
The Aristocrat Years

Hill16 Blues

Quote from: 5 Sams on December 29, 2013, 09:26:58 PM
Pretty good programme on the 2013 season tonight on RTE 2. McStay was good and Malachy Clerkin always brings a fresh insight. I thought Ger Brennan was a wee bit reluctant to give Gooch any praise for one of the best performances ever in Croke Park. Maybe it was because he couldn't get close enough to kick him ;)

One of best performances ever???  Was great in first half. Didn't get a kick of the ball in second half once CO'S moved onto him. The game lasts 70 mins not 35.

5 Sams

Good man Hill 16 or whatever your name is. He's still a thug and Gooch gave him a light head.
The Aristocrat Years

Syferus

Quote from: 5 Sams on December 29, 2013, 11:14:08 PM
Good man Hill 16 or whatever your name is. He's still a thug and Gooch gave him a light head.

Johnny Copper, Rory O' and Philly Mc had to resort to the dark arts to get any traction on Gooch in that second half. You wouldn't expect any less from any team with half a bit of cop on but you never like to see a player, particularly one in the form Gooch was in, being felled like that.

orangeman

Quote from: Syferus on December 30, 2013, 12:37:19 AM
Quote from: 5 Sams on December 29, 2013, 11:14:08 PM

Johnny Copper, Rory O' and Philly Mc had to resort to the dark arts to get any traction on Gooch in that second half. You wouldn't expect any less from any team with half a bit of cop on but you never like to see a player, particularly one in the form Gooch was in, being felled like that.

I wouldn't think those lads are all that worried. They've a medal in their collection and more to come.

Gooch is a genius.

Redhand Santa

Now that the Irish league season is over utv sent their cameras around the grounds for what I think was the ladies Irish cup. At least 4 games covered. Games watched by 20 people or less. Surely a new low.

4 to 5000 at championship games in tyrone this weekend involving some of the biggest names in ulster gaa, some chance of them giving it a few minutes coverage. I appreciate they don't have the rights for the county stuff.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Redhand Santa on June 01, 2014, 10:48:15 PM
Now that the Irish league season is over utv sent their cameras around the grounds for what I think was the ladies Irish cup. At least 4 games covered. Games watched by 20 people or less. Surely a new low.

4 to 5000 at championship games in tyrone this weekend involving some of the biggest names in ulster gaa, some chance of them giving it a few minutes coverage. I appreciate they don't have the rights for the county stuff.

The Errigal v Clonoe game would certainly have been one of the biggest attended sporting events in the north this weekend anyway.
I would say maybe 3k at it?
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

armaghniac

Whatever about full games, I think the GAA shoots itself in the foot if it organises rights to give TV companies an excuse not to discuss GAA and use clips on the news and sports roundups.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Hereiam

So there was approx 10,000 people at yesterday's club Ulster final and it was not televised by any of the northern channels. I know it was on TG4 but a vast majority Dont get this channel. Why should we pay a tv licence when it is not payin for what we want to see.

armaghniac

Quote from: Hereiam on December 01, 2014, 10:10:21 AM
So there was approx 10,000 people at yesterday's club Ulster final and it was not televised by any of the northern channels. I know it was on TG4 but a vast majority Dont get this channel. Why should we pay a tv licence when it is not payin for what we want to see.

The point about the licence is very valid. But almost everyone in the 6 counties can receive TG4, as it is broadcast from NI transmitters, so it is not true that a vast majority don't get this channel, although many choose not to
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

twohands!!!

I wonder how far the GAA are from the idea of their own TV channel.

When you see something like IrishTV and consider the number of hours of content the GAA would have on a weekly basis, it seems a no-brainer to me.

Pangurban

Money would be better spent on a dedicated GAA channel, rather than the farcical International Rules series

Ball Hopper

So who actually owns the TV footage of games?  It it the GAA or the channel/station that showed the game? 

if the GAA owns all footage, it seems a no-brainer to set up their own channel...but something gives me the idea that RTE especially might not be too keen to hand over the product that they actually paid for...even if from decades ago.

In either case, the future deals should have the stipulation that the GAA own the footage, which can be re-broadcast after a certain time, whether that be a week in league games, a month for championship or a year for finals is another series of questions.

Feckitt

Score updates on BBC website, were they still call the league the 'Football League'.  It must me a step too far for the BBC to call it by it's correct title 'The National League'