UTV & BBC & RTE & TV3

Started by Tyrone Dreamer, August 02, 2007, 06:44:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Feckitt

Yes, but that particular problem lies with RTE not the BBC.  RTE claim to be a national broadcaster, and your local poliiticans claim to represent the interests of Nationalists.  If you cannot get the final in Cushendall then don't blame the Beeb.

J OGorman

Quote from: Feckitt on September 23, 2013, 11:00:38 AM
Yes, but that particular problem lies with RTE not the BBC.  RTE claim to be a national broadcaster, and your local poliiticans claim to represent the interests of Nationalists.  If you cannot get the final in Cushendall then don't blame the Beeb.

in your opinion, as someone who gets rte ok, the bbc / utv coverage was adequate. For those who dont get rte, the bbc / utv coverage was pathetic. But hey, you have rte, not a bother, happy days. Do rte claim to be the national broadcaster in the 6 counties? Do they claim 100% coverage, rte player for all counties etc??

armaghniac

QuoteDo rte claim to be the national broadcaster in the 6 counties? Do they claim 100% coverage, rte player for all counties etc??

It is not entirely within RTÉ's ability to provide coverage in the 6 counties. The BBC are extracting licence fees from people in the 6 counties, including hundreds of thousands of GAA fans.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Feckitt

Yes, but surely rather than having a game on two different channels the obvious answer is to get RTE and the local politicians to sort this shit out once and for all.  And yes they do claim to be the national broadcaster.

armaghniac

QuoteYes, but surely rather than having a game on two different channels the obvious answer is to get RTE and the local politicians to sort this shit out once and for all. 

This may have to do with useless local politicians, but it is not RTÉs fault one way or the other. There are many things you can criticise RTÉ for, but this is hardly one of them.

Feckitt

Sorry off thread, but how do you get a fada on your keyboard?

StephenC

Quote from: Feckitt on September 23, 2013, 12:22:55 PM
Sorry off thread, but how do you get a fada on your keyboard?
Hold down Alt Gr and then hit the letter.

Minder

Austin O'Callaghan leaving the BBC, one of their better ones.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

T Fearon

Where's he going? Will Jerome,like Jonathan Ross,make a comeback?

Hoof Hearted

son on UTV live this evening we get -

Martin ONeill and RoyKeane
cycling
McIlroy and McDowell who were beat in golf
an Ulster reserve team getting beat in rugby

AND

a fight between some Belfast Giants dude and his opponent in ice hockey

not a word on the Ulster Club !! In the name of f**k !
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

Feckitt

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on November 04, 2013, 06:35:55 PM

cycling

AND

Yesterday at Pairc Esler was one of the greatest sporting occasions of the year.  The GAA's tagline is 'Nothing Beats being there', and that is true, and it is just as well that I was there.  For those of you that weren't TG4 are showing brief highlights on their show tonight.  I think it is at 8.30pm.  A

As for the director of sport at UTV, he should hang his head in shame.  I am a regular contributor on this thread, but I am still a little saddened by this.  Yesterday's game in Newry, and the other games are worthy of proper coverage and appreciation.

I am going to email UTV, I will let you know how i get on.

SHEEDY

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on November 04, 2013, 06:35:55 PM

cycling

AND

couldn't believe there wasnt a single mention of any gaa match, never mind showing any of the action. absolute joke. would love to know how the editor justifies this.
nil satis nisi optimum

armaghniac

Get on to the advertisers, UTV will listen to them.

Applesisapples

Quote from: armaghniac on November 04, 2013, 08:52:10 PM
Get on to the advertisers, UTV will listen to them.
It's not really a line advertisers would want to take.

Rossfan

If the GAA called on its members/supporters in the 6 Cos ( and 26)  to avoid UTV and not to support any of its local advertisers.... ;)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM