Sam odds 2024

Started by seafoid, November 06, 2023, 05:50:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

samuel maguire

Quote from: seafoid on November 07, 2023, 10:36:46 AMGalway are the only team in the chasing pack with Final experience.
They had a lot of injuries in 2023 plus Silke and Molloy were missing.  If everyone is fit they have a great chance. 

I honestly wouldn't put Galway ahead of any of the others. I think on their day they could all beat each other. Maybe i am being biased but for me Derry, Galway and Armagh would be a tiny it ahead of the Tyrones, Donegals etc

imtommygunn

As soon as Comer is injured they're stuffed and he seems to be getting more injury prone. Walsh would need to find form again. Playing for Kilmacaud and not getting a rest likely not helping.

statto

Of the chasing pack I think that Derry will be best placed. There was obviously alot of turmoil going on in the background last year and Harte being there should increase belief with a hungry manager who has experience of winning multiple all irelands.

seafoid

Quote from: statto on November 07, 2023, 11:21:22 AMOf the chasing pack I think that Derry will be best placed. There was obviously alot of turmoil going on in the background last year and Harte being there should increase belief with a hungry manager who has experience of winning multiple all irelands.

He needs to find a few new players.

seanyb

Quote from: seafoid on November 07, 2023, 12:13:25 PM
Quote from: statto on November 07, 2023, 11:21:22 AMOf the chasing pack I think that Derry will be best placed. There was obviously alot of turmoil going on in the background last year and Harte being there should increase belief with a hungry manager who has experience of winning multiple all irelands.

He needs to find a few new players.

Quite a number of new call ups afaik, hopefully a few gems maybe!

ClubScene13

Quote from: seafoid on November 07, 2023, 10:36:46 AMGalway are the only team in the chasing pack with Final experience.
They had a lot of injuries in 2023 plus Silke and Molloy were missing.  If everyone is fit they have a great chance. 

2021 - remind me

thewobbler

Can't see Harte working out for Derry. He will likely be too conservative for a core of players that looked to be on the brink of overcoming a lack of gun forwards, by everyone chipping in.

Galway were wiped top to bottom with injuries last year. They've got the size and athleticism to match the big two. They just need a (pretty) clean bill of health among their forwards.

God14

That Derry squad has peaked, id expect them to drop 10 - 15% from last year. You cant rely on the same small core group of players over & over again. They've been very fortunate with injuries and form in the last couple of years. The definition of a side punching above their weight. Disasterous move for Harte

Lengthy injury for the keeper lynch by all accounts.

naka

Ethan Tremblay

Hand on heart hard to see Donegal match the top teams.  McGuniness will take them on and get them in the best place they can be expected to get for sure, but I don't think they have the quality or depth to compete. 

Derry with Harte could go either way in my head. It could be the extra experience needed to push on, or his own style of play may not suite that group of players. 

Galway know they have a good team and, luck with injuries and a bit of form, will safely be the third best team able to complete with the top 2. 

Tyrone and Armagh, as I mentioned last year, to much Jekyll and Hyde.  On a good day they can compete, on a bad day they look inept.  Form is everything for these two teams.  Hit a bit of form, and they can cause any team headaches. 
I tend to think of myself as a one man wolfpack...

imtommygunn

Yeah I would think the same. Derry could go either way under Harte and Tyrone / Armagh just aren't at that level these days. Tyrone will really miss Mattie Donnelly if he's not back or if he is hard to see him get back to the same level.

Galway have loads of very good players but has meant nothing thus far.

God14

Donegal have one of the best keepers in ireland, probably the best in my opinion  - Patton

Defensively is where Jim excels, rest assured Jimmy will have the defense water tight. take it as given

Donegal have the best selection of midfielders in Ulster. Lots of big tree's! Jason McGee, McFadden ferry, Hugh mcFadden, McGonagle etc

IF they can get their best forwards fit and on the field of play at the same time, they will be a force for sure. Murphy static at 14. Oisin Gallen, McBrearty, Daire Ó Baoill, Jamie brennan, peadar mogan...

They had some cracking young forwards in their u20 side back in 2022. McGettigan was one name i remember

Jim McGuinness isnt back unless he see's something and believes in it....! If i was Derry i would be fearful

JoG2

Quote from: God14 on November 07, 2023, 01:54:00 PMThat Derry squad has peaked, id expect them to drop 10 - 15% from last year. You cant rely on the same small core group of players over & over again. They've been very fortunate with injuries and form in the last couple of years. The definition of a side punching above their weight. Disasterous move for Harte

Lengthy injury for the keeper lynch by all accounts.

Zzz.... In Mickey Harte we trust

NormPeterson

As long as Derry get to the All Ireland series that is fine with me, I think some Derry fans are forgetting how poor Derry have been for 18 years. Even if Derry get beat in a QF it is a successful season.
I just would like to see Derry give Armagh another sickener in the Ulster final and beat Tyrone in the semi obviously. I've spent too long reading comments from Armagh and Tyrone people online and I have bitterness towards them.

Armagh18

Quote from: NormPeterson on November 07, 2023, 05:06:04 PMAs long as Derry get to the All Ireland series that is fine with me, I think some Derry fans are forgetting how poor Derry have been for 18 years. Even if Derry get beat in a QF it is a successful season.
I just would like to see Derry give Armagh another sickener in the Ulster final and beat Tyrone in the semi obviously. I've spent too long reading comments from Armagh and Tyrone people online and I have bitterness towards them.
I don't care what happens us next year as long as we don't get beat on penalties lol.

Genuinely have always got on the best with any Derry person I've met in person, only bitterness I see is online. (And Brolly depending on what mood he's in).

At least we can both agree we want Tyrone bate lol