4pm – Slaughtneil v Bellaghy
5.45pm – Magherafelt v Ballinascreen

All in Owenbeg

timmyot501

Monaghan semi finals

Corduff v scotstown
Inniskeen v clontibret

Armagh18

Mild shock in Armagh with Clan Na Gael beating Clann Eireann. Very good side with every chance of beating Cross or Madden but I'd say they would still be on the piss by the time Ulster started!

general_lee

Quote from: Armagh18 on October 08, 2023, 09:28:48 AMMild shock in Armagh with Clan Na Gael beating Clann Eireann. Very good side with every chance of beating Cross or Madden but I'd say they would still be on the piss by the time Ulster started!
Local derby anything can happen... A lot of Clann Eireann ones not too happy with the ref, Faloon let a lot go for both sides. Be some craic if Madden shocked Cross in the other semi.

Dreadnought

It'll be a Kingscourt Gowna final in Cavan. Crosserlough were favourites and unbeaten this season, but Gowna put paid to that with a 7 point win

Brendan

Glen V Slaughtneil and Newbridge V Magherafelt in Derry

J70

Naomh Chonaill v Gaoth Dobhair final in Donegal.

Orior

Quote from: Armagh18 on October 08, 2023, 09:28:48 AMMild shock in Armagh with Clan Na Gael beating Clann Eireann. Very good side with every chance of beating Cross or Madden but I'd say they would still be on the piss by the time Ulster started!

Cross v Clans in the final.

Disappointing that Clans appear to be a one man team. Was hoping to see new young talent coming through. Cross will not give Soupy any space.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

balladmaker

Quote from: Orior on October 08, 2023, 07:21:59 PM

Disappointing that Clans appear to be a one man team. Was hoping to see new young talent coming through. Cross will not give Soupy any space.

The Clans will give Cross a game.  Should have beaten them in the group stages, they won't fear the final.

Armagh18

Are you for real? Some of their best players were still minor this year. Shane McPartlan has been probably the player of the championship. Soupy stood up the other night but he far from their only player

lurganblue

Quote from: Armagh18 on October 08, 2023, 10:36:05 PM

Are you for real? Some of their best players were still minor this year. Shane McPartlan has been probably the player of the championship. Soupy stood up the other night but he far from their only player

Has to be on the wind up.

Great to be back in a senior county final.  The first since 2006.

Orior

Not a wind up. Just going by the facts and the stats of the semi-final. Hopefully I'm proved wrong in the final.

By the way, the first time that I saw the Clans play was back in the 70's when they were playing St Johns in the Ulster club championship.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

statto

Campbell and McParland are the stars of the team but Callum O'Neill is a top player in the making and has been a real addition.  Some of the other younger lads like Lavery and Austin will no doubt be top players in the coming years, but O'Neill would be the standout for me and has adapted to senior football like a duck to water.  Michael McConville has been very impressive also, but his size may hinder him from playing county senior.  If Clan NaGael are to win they will need huge performances from Campbell and McParland and probably a more healthier contribution to the scoreboard from some of the other forwards. 

general_lee

Clans are far from a one man team but having seen them a couple of times in the league, the difference that Soupy & McPartlan make is substantial. McPartlan is hands down the best player in Armagh club football right now. If Cross keep those two quiet or even half keep them quiet, they'll have enough class and know-how to close out the match - just don't think Clans have anyone else to take up the scoring responsibility, Cross have options all over the field.