Russia invades Ukraine Feb 2022

Started by Main Street, February 12, 2022, 09:38:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dag Dog

Quote from: clarshack on February 07, 2024, 10:52:34 AM
Quote from: ThomasMullan on February 07, 2024, 10:43:20 AM
Quote from: clarshack on February 07, 2024, 10:16:14 AM
Quote from: Dag Dog on February 06, 2024, 09:53:10 PMTucker Carlson is going to broadcast an interview with Putin.

Best quote I heard:
"I'm sure he'll ask Putin all about Bucha, murders of Russian journalists, assassination of Litvinenko, poisoning of Skripalis, destruction of Grozny, abduction of Ukrainian children, erasure of Ukrainian language and culture in temporarily occupied regions, Putin's affair with Alina Kabaeva, bombing of civilian targets in Ukraine, Prigozgin's death, SVR/GRU/FSB operations in the West, censorship of Internet in Russia, murder of Nemtsov, imprisonment of Kara-Murza and Evan Gershkovich...
"

whatever, it should still be an interesting interview. when does it drop?

Yeah it'll be super interesting listening to Tucker Carlson allow Putin to spout his propaganda unchallenged for two whole hours, while sitting like a nodding dog. Asking nothing about any of the above or challenging anything.

As other actual journalists have pointed out, they've requested an interview with Putin but been denied. For obvious reasons. As Carlson has been chosen, for obvious reasons.

At least it will make a change from flat out Zelensky propaganda for the last 2 years.
Russia thought they'd roll over Ukraine in 3 days, so Zelensky is doing a good job rallying help to keep them at bay.

ThomasMullan

Quote from: Dag Dog on February 07, 2024, 10:55:37 AM
Quote from: clarshack on February 07, 2024, 10:52:34 AM
Quote from: ThomasMullan on February 07, 2024, 10:43:20 AM
Quote from: clarshack on February 07, 2024, 10:16:14 AM
Quote from: Dag Dog on February 06, 2024, 09:53:10 PMTucker Carlson is going to broadcast an interview with Putin.

Best quote I heard:
"I'm sure he'll ask Putin all about Bucha, murders of Russian journalists, assassination of Litvinenko, poisoning of Skripalis, destruction of Grozny, abduction of Ukrainian children, erasure of Ukrainian language and culture in temporarily occupied regions, Putin's affair with Alina Kabaeva, bombing of civilian targets in Ukraine, Prigozgin's death, SVR/GRU/FSB operations in the West, censorship of Internet in Russia, murder of Nemtsov, imprisonment of Kara-Murza and Evan Gershkovich...
"

whatever, it should still be an interesting interview. when does it drop?

Yeah it'll be super interesting listening to Tucker Carlson allow Putin to spout his propaganda unchallenged for two whole hours, while sitting like a nodding dog. Asking nothing about any of the above or challenging anything.

As other actual journalists have pointed out, they've requested an interview with Putin but been denied. For obvious reasons. As Carlson has been chosen, for obvious reasons.

At least it will make a change from flat out Zelensky propaganda for the last 2 years.
Russia thought they'd roll over Ukraine in 3 days, so Zelensky is doing a good job rallying help to keep them at bay.

That's pretty much what he does. 'Russia invaded us, we need your help, thank you, we still need your help. The invasion is ongoing' and he's doing a great job.

Clarshack finds that objectionable for reasons known only to him. Maybe he does think Ukraine invaded Russia, hmm?

armaghniac

Quote from: ThomasMullan on February 07, 2024, 11:04:01 AMThat's pretty much what he does. 'Russia invaded us, we need your help, thank you, we still need your help. The invasion is ongoing' and he's doing a great job.

Clarshack finds that objectionable for reasons known only to him. Maybe he does think Ukraine invaded Russia, hmm?

This is a bit like the "one side is a bad as the other" in the 6 counties. Russia keeps on invading Ukraine, so Zelensky keeps complaining about it, and some people seem to think that complaining is as bad as invading. You have to wonder about their moral framework.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Dag Dog

Quote from: armaghniac on February 07, 2024, 12:59:29 PM
Quote from: ThomasMullan on February 07, 2024, 11:04:01 AMThat's pretty much what he does. 'Russia invaded us, we need your help, thank you, we still need your help. The invasion is ongoing' and he's doing a great job.

This is a bit like the "one side is a bad as the other" in the 6 counties. Russia keeps on invading Ukraine, so Zelensky keeps complaining about it, and some people seem to think that complaining is as bad as invading. You have to wonder about their moral framework.
Yes, the 'both-siders' love to muddy the waters to suit their agenda.
Like people who say "The GAA and the Orange Order are as bad as each other".

PadraicHenryPearse

alot of putting words in people mouths going on... if I am critical of Zelenskys support of Israel for example, is that ok? or is that a show of support for Russia.

RedHand88

I was speaking to a Ukrainian living in Ireland the other day who absolutely detests Zelensky and the Ukrainian government She is from near the Donbas region, speaks Russian (only pigeon Ukrainian) and used the phrase "I am not pro Russian, I am Russian". Her gripes were that they are more culturally and societally to Russia than a Ukraine. Said they felt trapped in a country they didn't associate with and refused to acknowledge it 👀
She mentioned the Azov battalion as well.

Basically they are trapped here now because her husbands passport was cancelled for leaving the country in wartime.
I was suprised because we don't hear this point of view much but it was interesting to hear her point of view.

Cavan19

Quote from: RedHand88 on February 07, 2024, 03:14:37 PMI was speaking to a Ukrainian living in Ireland the other day who absolutely detests Zelensky and the Ukrainian government She is from near the Donbas region, speaks Russian (only pigeon Ukrainian) and used the phrase "I am not pro Russian, I am Russian". Her gripes were that they are more culturally and societally to Russia than a Ukraine. Said they felt trapped in a country they didn't associate with and refused to acknowledge it 👀

Basically they are trapped here now because her husbands passport was cancelled for leaving the country in wartime.
I was suprised because we don't hear this point of view much but it was interesting to hear her point of view.

I'm sure that he could get a Russian passport and head to Moscow instead of been trapped here.

Dag Dog

Quote from: Cavan19 on February 07, 2024, 03:24:39 PM
Quote from: RedHand88 on February 07, 2024, 03:14:37 PMI was speaking to a Ukrainian living in Ireland the other day who absolutely detests Zelensky and the Ukrainian government She is from near the Donbas region, speaks Russian (only pigeon Ukrainian) and used the phrase "I am not pro Russian, I am Russian". Her gripes were that they are more culturally and societally to Russia than a Ukraine. Said they felt trapped in a country they didn't associate with and refused to acknowledge it 👀

I'm sure that he could get a Russian passport and head to Moscow instead of been trapped here.
Pro-Russians who stick it out in Donbas will be well looked after if Putin wins.

RedHand88

That is their longterm plan, they are early 30s and don't want to have children in Dublin. Want to have them in Russia.

PadraicHenryPearse

So is a form of ethical cleansing of these Ukrainians better/worse/the same as ethical cleansing of other Ukrainians?

Cavan19

Quote from: RedHand88 on February 07, 2024, 03:29:56 PM

That is their longterm plan, they are early 30s and don't want to have children in Dublin. Want to have them in Russia.

You should have told her he would be better off going to Russia now and joining the Russian army to help defeat Zelensky and the Ukrainian government.

RedHand88

Quote from: Cavan19 on February 07, 2024, 03:43:54 PM
Quote from: RedHand88 on February 07, 2024, 03:29:56 PM

You should have told her he would be better off going to Russia now and joining the Russian army to help defeat Zelensky and the Ukrainian government.

He's not physicality fit for it. Had surgery in Dublin for a health matter.

Milltown Row2

That sounds like the make up of this place..

Someone who doesn't like the country that they are living in but happy to stay there and complain about it ;D
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

seafoid

€191 bn of Russian assets were seized by European authorities in 2022.
Interest of €4.4 bn was paid to Ukraine this year
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU