The Last Word and the likes...

Started by Substandard, April 13, 2021, 10:24:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Substandard

Just starting a topic,  it might or might not be of some interest,  it's just I often miss some or most of it depending on the day and work and whatnot, so I'd be hoping that some of you good people might maybe mention from time to time any interesting topics or interviews and so on, or any other chat shows, for that matter.
Thanks in advance!!

J70

Used to listen to Dunphy all the time back in the day. It was a good show back then. He'd great coverage of Drumcree and the Clinton impeachment in the late 90s. Living stateside now, haven't heard the more recent version in years. Is it still Matt Cooper?

I like Dunphy's podcast. He's fairly conciliatory with whomever his guest is, but he does a good variety of viewpoints.

Never beat the deeler

This is a bit niche but might be of interest to a small section of the board!

https://youtu.be/FiqhN8xkXO8

Hadn't heard of this podcast, Ball Talk with Rian Bailey but he did an episode this week about the Crossmolina Deel Rovers All Ireland win of 2001 as the anniversary was this week.
He interviews players Michael Moyles, Joe Keane and Damian Mulligan.
Hasta la victoria siempre

yellowcard

Quote from: J70 on April 16, 2021, 07:27:12 PM
Used to listen to Dunphy all the time back in the day. It was a good show back then. He'd great coverage of Drumcree and the Clinton impeachment in the late 90s. Living stateside now, haven't heard the more recent version in years. Is it still Matt Cooper?

I like Dunphy's podcast. He's fairly conciliatory with whomever his guest is, but he does a good variety of viewpoints.

You mean with Billy Hutchinson who he described as a remarkable man after spending the entire interview smooching with him without any challenge. I'm all for getting a range of views but falsehoods should not go unchallenged (Hutchinson made several ridiculous assertions) especially in a Podcast format where time restriction is not a barrier. Generally though, Dunphy does have good guests on and it is amazing how he has reinvented himself and is still going strong at 75.

Itchy

Quote from: J70 on April 16, 2021, 07:27:12 PM

I used to listen in too but when I realise Cooper is a total west brit and then he did a special show on Charles or something I said f**k that. I listen to Radio 1 instead but after the wall to wall covid reports I just listen to spotify in the car now.