Ewan McKenna

Started by Kingdom37, March 02, 2020, 07:27:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Never beat the deeler

Quote from: Taylor on April 07, 2020, 02:06:49 PM
Ewan has managed to get Gary Linekar engage with him on Twitter.

He will be creaming himself now even though Linekar just made a fool of him

Really? I didn't read it like that.
Now, I'm no Ewan fan. In fact, I needed to search through Lineker's tweets as I stopped following Ewan some time ago, but:

Lineker reckons that the club (clubs) have realised the error of their ways and had a moral epiphany (obv major paraphrasing from me but this is the gist of it)
McKenna thinks it's more like the first was a commercial decision, and on realising the outrage the second was also a calculated commercial decision. That is, they realised the sh!t storm that had started and the damage to the brand would cost more in the long run.

McKenna's contrarian and downright insulting way of arguing makes it difficult to agree with him, but I think a lot of people have taken sides in this:
Liverpool fans - obviously
Rival club fans - deep down totally relieved it was Lpool and not their club, but using this as points in the bank for when the shoe is on the other foot
Lineker - Always takes the position that football is intrinsically good. Likes to cheerlead about the many good things that come about through football, but ignore all the nasty side. He will always take the players / clubs sides (where they dont differ) in things like pay disputes, financial wrongdoings etc
Hasta la victoria siempre

Dinny Breen

Quote from: imtommygunn on April 07, 2020, 02:58:07 PM
He is made a fool of quite regularly (mainly by himself) but it never seems to phase him.

This. He got absolutely pounded on Coravid-19 by the medical establishment when he tried to claim that we could have stockpiled in January. He hadn't a notion but still he comes back. That people retweet his shit is what grates me.
#newbridgeornowhere

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Dinny Breen on April 09, 2020, 12:53:13 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on April 07, 2020, 02:58:07 PM
He is made a fool of quite regularly (mainly by himself) but it never seems to phase him.

This. He got absolutely pounded on Coravid-19 by the medical establishment when he tried to claim that we could have stockpiled in January. He hadn't a notion but still he comes back. That people retweet his shit is what grates me.

Don't think I've ever seen Ewan admit he's got something wrong or been mistaken about something.

quit yo jibbajabba

Linekers told him hes not a very nice person earlier,
Ewan heads off and few hours later hes back with some tax evasion/avoidance story about him thats three yrs old...

A petty petty man

imtommygunn

Why is he so bitter? What is he bitter about?

I get Kimmage to a point but not this guy.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: imtommygunn on April 09, 2020, 09:37:49 PM

He has a few loose screws perhaps?

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: Captain Obvious on April 09, 2020, 11:13:28 PM

I think he started out the road of being a shock jock with decent enough intentions but there is something about having a blue tick on twitter turns people. Now he's basically an online bully with a following.

RedHand88

He is serious for deleting tweets where he's been disproved/made a fool of.

Hound

Quote from: Captain Obvious on April 09, 2020, 11:13:28 PM

Without doubt. And likes a drink even though he should steer clear.

GalwayBayBoy

I see Ewan just called Grant Wahl (of Sports Illustrated) an "odious p***k" on Twitter. 24 hours after he lost his job.

Ewan seems to be in full scorched earth mode during lockdown. Lashing out left, right and centre.

quit yo jibbajabba

Jesus ye cringe for him at times, was close to hiding him tother day but just cant yet..

Man has never lost an argument in his life. in his own head

LilySavage

I honestly dont think hes into sport. He doesnt understand most of it for a start. His deleted tweets illustrate that. Its more about just taking people down a peg or two. Via google. Find a bit of dirt on a successful sportsperson and then make relentless accusations and arguments in order to tarnish their reputations. If you are not whiter than white in your personal life, watch out, Ewans gonna spout. No stranger to making stuff up either, my own favourite was when he told everyone on another forum that 2 Kildare players were legless drunk the night before a Super 8 match. And he was in Brazil yet he had no problem posting this absolute madeup bullshit on a public forum. He will read all this too as he scours messageboards looking for material that he can quote as first person stuff on twitter.

imtommygunn

Yeah I also don't think he knows anything about sport. He has been flat out on Mo farah at times and knows nothing about running. A Kildare man who doesn't even seem to like Kildare. Just a bitter contrary individual who without social media would probably have gone away. No I doubt really like him lol. The personal attacks on people like gavin and Harte are shocking and to be honest pretty cowardly.

gallsman

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on April 11, 2020, 10:59:36 PM
I see Ewan just called Grant Wahl (of Sports Illustrated) an "odious p***k" on Twitter. 24 hours after he lost his job.

Ewan seems to be in full scorched earth mode during lockdown. Lashing out left, right and centre.

He's been torn apart for it by a few people. Appears to have a personal issue with Wahl, so is revelling in the absolute decimation going on at SI as it's has resulted in Wahl losing his job. Ewan thinks it's some sort of comeuppance. Man of the people indeed.

I agree with Mackenna on a lot of stuff, but he's a horrible little p***k.