Started by TheGreatest, April 29, 2021, 10:39:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheGreatest

Sorry only realized its old news now:

Here's the list

The members of the GAA Strategic Plan 2021-2026 Steering Group are:

- Larry McCarthy (GAA President)
- Tom Ryan (GAA Director General)
- RuairĂ­ Harvey (GAA Planning Coordinator)
- Conor McCarthy (O'Donovan Rossa, Cork)
- Dr. Elish Kelly (Padraig Pearses, Roscommon)
- Pat Gilroy (St. Vincents, Dublin)
- Paul Foley (Patrickswell, Limerick)
- Prof. David Hassan (Banagher, Derry)
- Shane Flanagan (Johnstownbridge, Kildare)
-  Tim Murphy (Brosna, Kerry)
https://www.derrynow.com/news/gaa/628534/former-derry-goalkeeper-on-new-gaa-committee.html

Louther

Glossy launch, few new logos, "club is core of GAA", rehashed plans and the night before the GPA will release results of a survey and say they didn't get time to give input and they need more money to back it.  ;)

Angelo

One Connacht and one Ulster member and four each from Leinster and Munster is hardly that balanced?
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Tubberman

Given Pat Gilroy's display on The Sunday Game "discussion", I can't see much enlightened thinking emerging. He'll finger point and shout down anything that doesn't favour Dublin.
He said they should have more funding ffs
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

johnnycool

Quote from: TheGreatest on April 29, 2021, 12:34:13 PM
Sorry only realized its old news now:

Here's the list

The members of the GAA Strategic Plan 2021-2026 Steering Group are:

- Larry McCarthy (GAA President)
- Tom Ryan (GAA Director General)
- RuairĂ­ Harvey (GAA Planning Coordinator)
- Conor McCarthy (O'Donovan Rossa, Cork)
- Dr. Elish Kelly (Padraig Pearses, Roscommon)
- Pat Gilroy (St. Vincents, Dublin)
- Paul Foley (Patrickswell, Limerick)
- Prof. David Hassan (Banagher, Derry)
- Shane Flanagan (Johnstownbridge, Kildare)
-  Tim Murphy (Brosna, Kerry)
https://www.derrynow.com/news/gaa/628534/former-derry-goalkeeper-on-new-gaa-committee.html

This a football review I presume?

macker15

Quote from: Tubberman on April 29, 2021, 01:41:47 PM
Given Pat Gilroy's display on The Sunday Game "discussion", I can't see much enlightened thinking emerging. He'll finger point and shout down anything that doesn't favour Dublin.

I think you will find Gilroy was playing devil advocate.  Let not turn this into Dublin funding thread.  We have 20 threads of them already  🙄🙄🙄

twohands!!!

Prof. David Hassan (Banagher, Derry) - Based on how much of a shambles the Standing Committee on Playing Rules has been for the last few years while he has been chairman, it's shocking that he managed to get a place on this committee.

Quote from: Tubberman on April 29, 2021, 01:41:47 PM

I'm reminded of an old civil service trick my grandfather told me about - appoint a talkative annoying moron to a committee and the rest of the committee will naturally come together to oppose whatever the moron proposes. As a bonus it makes it harder to argue that Dublin didn't have any input.

bannside

David Hasson will articulate the views of how the game can improve just about as well as anyone I can think of. A true gentleman. Pity Ulster dosent have one or two others but if everyone does their job then it really shouldn't matter where they are from.

One thing for sure...urgent change is required.

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM