Dublin v Tyrone Páirc an Chrócaigh Sat 16th March 7pm.

Started by Fuzzman, March 11, 2013, 11:34:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Whishtup

Quote from: sbw on March 18, 2013, 11:57:14 AM
i watched the game and the fouling by tyrone was much more tactical than dublin towards the end and my point is that it was not only me who will have noticed this and i am sure in future when mickey decides to try and abuse his position within a newspaper less people will buy into what he writes/says.

Shock, horror!  Team uses tactical fouling towards end of game-rules must change!

Fuzzman

Hill16 Blues

Whether it was Tyrone committing these so called 'tactical' fouls or Mayo last Sept or whoever it will become a cancer on the game if not addressed. It might have been there to a degree in years gone by but what is being seen now is a new low in team tactics and means blatant cynicism is being rewarded. It needs to be stopped end of! Unfortunately this black card proposal is a shambles and won't get through. As was apparent several years ago the rugby yellow card option is the only real solution!!

Fuzzman

Would be interesting to get a no holes barred interview with Sean Cavanagh on how he is targeted with cynical fouling for the past 5 years.

orangeman

Armagh and Longford a few weeks ago was good fun.

Derry and Longford game seems to have been tasty as well. Longford seem to have gained valuable lessons from the Armagh game.

Whishtup

Getting used to big Tyrone victories being followed up by calls for rule changes.  Spillane will be preparing a list of catchphrases for the summer, to sum up this 'premeditated' evil of tactical fouling and people will run with it for around ten years or so!  I'd say the likes of Limerick would look at the game against Kildare last year and wish they had adopted a more cynical approach in the final minutes of that game.
         The rugby yellow card rule is an interesting concept, however, a fella pulling a jersey at the start of a game will probably get off with it whereas at the end of the game, he wouldn't-this would introduce more ambiguity into the game in my opinion and the poor oul refs will get dog's abuse.   

Hill16 Blues

Quote from: Whishtup on March 18, 2013, 10:45:51 PM
Getting used to big Tyrone victories being followed up by calls for rule changes.  Spillane will be preparing a list of catchphrases for the summer, to sum up this 'premeditated' evil of tactical fouling and people will run with it for around ten years or so!  I'd say the likes of Limerick would look at the game against Kildare last year and wish they had adopted a more cynical approach in the final minutes of that game.
         The rugby yellow card rule is an interesting concept, however, a fella pulling a jersey at the start of a game will probably get off with it whereas at the end of the game, he wouldn't-this would introduce more ambiguity into the game in my opinion and the poor oul refs will get dog's abuse.

Don't buy that. It works in rugby without any problem. Would work in football too if it was introduced.

Redhand Santa

Quote from: The Trap on March 15, 2013, 11:25:17 AM
If that Tyrone team gets within 7/8 points i will be very surprised. The Errigle bias continues............pity there are none like Canavan though!!!!

The gool old "Errigle" bias didn't effect us too badly.

Jinxy

Quote from: Fuzzman on March 18, 2013, 10:03:41 PM
Would be interesting to get a no holes barred interview with Sean Cavanagh on how he is targeted with cynical fouling for the past 5 years.

You'd enjoy that I'd say.  ;D
If you were any use you'd be playing.

randomtask

Quote from: Redhand Santa on March 18, 2013, 10:58:21 PM
Quote from: The Trap on March 15, 2013, 11:25:17 AM
If that Tyrone team gets within 7/8 points i will be very surprised. The Errigle bias continues............pity there are none like Canavan though!!!!

The gool old "Errigle" bias didn't effect us too badly.

In fairness the errigal contingent were all very poor on saturday. Mc crory skint for every ball, mc ginley pulled out of two challenges and generally just ran about the place aimlessly. Harte was also very quiet again, is he just not allowed to be subbed?

rrhf

omagh_gael

Quote from: rrhf on March 19, 2013, 05:49:48 AM
Same team will play v Kildare I'd imagine

Anyone know how bad Colm Cavanagh's facial injury?

Could Plunkett Kane be pushing for a start after his two point salvo?

nrico2006

Good win for Tyrone, Dublin missing a few but I suppose so were Tyrone.  Tyrone had a few new faces playing that wouldn't havce been there last year too. 
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

God14

Quote from: omagh_gael on March 19, 2013, 07:18:23 AM
Quote from: rrhf on March 19, 2013, 05:49:48 AM
Same team will play v Kildare I'd imagine

Anyone know how bad Colm Cavanagh's facial injury?

Could Plunkett Kane be pushing for a start after his two point salvo?

Plunkett Kane must be pushing Mattie Donnelly very hard for a place at 10 or 12. Personally I dont think Kane is big enough to play Midfield at Intercounty level but he could make a a very good wing forward.

NaomhBridAbú

Quote from: Fuzzman on March 18, 2013, 10:03:41 PM

No it wouldn't...
in the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king. but he still only has one eye