Laochra Gael TG4 (New Series)

Started by an pĂșca, April 14, 2010, 09:25:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildweasel74

Against Dungiven that day, was the best game i had seen him play Swatragh. Dont think he missed a free all day, the stand out of the day though was McGilligan shouldering McCullough into the sperrins halfway through the game. Great shoulder between 2 big men.

Gold

Tohill was the best player never mind midfielder) i've ever seen. An absolute colossus.

What a fielder of a ball. Awesome.

There was an aura about him that he was super-human. Was lucky enough to watch him many times in the flesh, never saw him have a bad game
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

BennyCake

Just watched the Anthony Tohill show. What a magnificent player he was. He had everything. They don't make them like him anymore.

GalwayBayBoy

Here's the list of the players to be profiled in this series of Laochra Gael.

Eddie Brennan
Anthony Tohill
Damian Fitzhenry
Seamus Moynihan
Gerald McCarthy
Jarlath Fallon
Paul Flynn
Glenn Ryan
Conor Hayes
Juliet Murphy

Milltown Row2

Damian Fitzhenry's show just finished, what a keeper, 20 years he stood in goal for Wexford and I don't think he had a bad match, 4 times a better keeper than the other Fitz
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

theticklemister

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 28, 2013, 08:32:45 PM
Damian Fitzhenry's show just finished, what a keeper, 20 years he stood in goal for Wexford and I don't think he had a bad match, 4 times a better keeper than the other Fitz

A personal hero of mine.He kept that poor Wexford team in so many matches throughout the years.

Champion The Wonder Horse

Quote from: hardstation on February 23, 2013, 10:43:36 PM
Quote from: Champion The Wonder Horse on February 22, 2013, 11:01:39 PM
Quote from: leaveherinsir on February 22, 2013, 08:40:32 PM
Open to correction here but iirc Derry C'ship semi final in 93 Tohill scored 11 pts when Swatragh beat Dungiven 12 - 11, He was some player in his pomp. Ironically tho i also thought the only player i ever saw get the better of him was Cormac McAnnalen. Although he was prob in the latter stages of his career then.

It was the quarter-final and he scored 0-11 out of 0-14 (Surs got 1-10); he played full-forward that day. We beat the Watties in the semi-final; he got 1-7 out of 1-11. He got 2-8 out of 2-9 against Bellaghy in the league the same year.

A bit underwhelming. Did he ever get all the scores?

He might have got the lot for us when Bellaghy beat us 2-15 to 0-1 in the 98ish championship semi-final.

Gold

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 28, 2013, 08:32:45 PM

Great show. Great player and a great goal-scorer as well as keeper!
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

This Years Model

Repeated this Sunday, 17.55. Must record it.

Wildweasel74

watching Seamus Moynihan there, best defender i seen in my time edging out Tomas O`Se, Stephen O`Brien and Paul Curran. Probably should have won more in all honestly. kerry in the 2 O`Se and Moynihan have probably produced 3 players who be on the best team of the past 30yrs.

Wildweasel74

And another thing, he didnt have to mouth off to the opposition even when he was well on top of them, its a pity the players of the day wouldn't learned a thing or 2 from him, he let his football do the talking.

5 Sams

Moynihan is a legend among legends.
The Aristocrat Years

ONeill

He didn't like the manufactured footballers.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

rrhf

The pony was a strong one alright. i loved his ability to read the play like say gavin dvlin. in 200 he gave Pauric Joyce some trimming.  I went from outright admiration to almost feeling sorry for him when he wasn't fine.  He really got some fierce roastings in his later years. It was cruelty. One of my favourites.

5 Sams

Quote from: rrhf on March 08, 2013, 12:11:49 AM
The pony was a strong one alright. i loved his ability to read the play like say gavin dvlin. in 200 he gave Pauric Joyce some trimming.  I went from outright admiration to almost feeling sorry for him when he wasn't fine.  He really got some fierce roastings in his later years. It was cruelty. One of my favourites.

Give us that in English in the morning rrhf ;)
The Aristocrat Years