Armagh V Kildare

Started by Travis T O Justice, January 29, 2007, 10:54:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Candyman

Armagh4Samagain askin is anyone travelling to the game.... Anybody want to offer this poor chap a lift????? :D

Mike Sheehy

Leave Armagh4SamAgain alone. His opinion is as valid as anybody elses.

I think they should try Geezer at corner foward. His legs aren't up to it further out the field however
I think his stern countenance will unnerve the corner backs...what do you think Armagh4SamAgain ?

corn02

We all know who he is anyway, joke is old.

LilyWhiteAllright

is Geezer even on the bench?

ardal

Anybody know if the game is being aired on the net?

Fiodoir Ard Mhacha

There's live coverage on 100.5FM in the Newry area
"Something wrong with your eyes?....
Yes, they're sensitive to questions!"

Fiodoir Ard Mhacha

HALF-TIME:

Kildare 0-5, Armagh 0-5 (4 frees from Armagh......)

RESULT:

Kildare 0-12 Armagh 0-10

pintsofguinness

Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

pintsofguinness

QuoteKildare 0-12 Armagh 0-10
Not bad, I thought it'd be worse.

Fiodoir Ard Mhacha

John Doyle for Kildare scored 10 of their 12 points.

I wonder will Down do anything about thon next Sunday...........

Cloc Mor

Probably not since one of our best marking defenders, Brendan Grant, has been dropped from the panel.  Strange

pintsofguinness

QuoteKildare 0-12 0-10 Armagh
Steven McDonnell of Armagh
Steven McDonnell scored six points but Armagh lost
Understrength Armagh lost to Kildare in their opening Division 1B fixture despite six points from three-times All Star Steven McDonnell.

The Killeavy clubman landed two frees in the first half which ended with the sides level on five points each.

Armagh's other points at Newbridge came from Peadar Toal (3) and Gareth Swift.

Lilywhites forward John Doyle scored 11 of Kildare's 12 points to give John Crofton an encourgaing start to his second league campaign as manager.

Just ast I thought, McDonnell and Toal the only scoring threat of the six forwards. 
Who was suppose to be marking John Doyle?

Sandy Hill

QuoteJohn Doyle for Kildare scored 10 of their 12 points

Anyone know who was marking him? Was his marker changed?
"Stercus accidit"

armaghniac

Good crowd in Newbridge on a ground that will shortly be demolished, perhaps we could buy the stand and put it somewhere in Armagh. Kildare were full of beans and came at Armagh in waves, this often resulted in a free, which Doyle knocked over. Kildare had a couple of half chances for a goal, but McKinney was well positioned. Except for a period towards the end of the first half Armagh couldn't get the ball up to the Kildare 45, having little success with kickouts and not much idea what to do even if they did win the ball. Mackin and Swift swapped places for a while, without much effect and Paul Keenan came on for Dyas (I think). There were some sad give aways of the ball by Armagh and neither side will win awards for accuracy. Big Joe seemed a bit agitated about the whole thing.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Tony Fearon

Disappointing performance. Half forward line carried no threat or ball winning abiltiy, and Martin O'Rourke must have given the bsall away at least 6 times before being subsituted.Why the hell didn't Ciaran Mc Keever flatten Doyle, never thought I'd see the day when anyone would take 11 points off him.What the hell is Michael O'Rourke about? Didn't he know that headbands are worn by nerdy fans only and went out of fashion for players with Willie Joe Padden? Thought Toner at Full back showed potential (he certainly has the height for a full back) and Vernon and Nippy had their moments at midfield.Apart from that little to enthuse about from any of the new kids on the block I'm afraid. I thought when we'd pulled it back to 5 points each at half time we were all set to win a game that was very winnable. On the bright side we lost at home to Kildare at the same time last year with a much stronger side.Surprised to see Dermot Earley being so dirty, though glad he missed a goal sitter early in the game.

Highlight of the day was the apres match visit to the Newbridge Silverware factory and shop. Some good quality stuff at reasonable prices (missus was happy!) and a classy restaurant/coffe shop as well