Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norf Tyrone

Greencastle drew with Eskra tonight.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

orangeman

Quote from: Big Mickey on November 14, 2008, 06:36:23 PM
one point iv noticed lads that everyone seems to be missing regarding a new structure for the leagues is the needs of the club players.

yes nobody likes to be playing matches in november or december but i dont think reducing the number of matches down to 13 would be a good idea. this means that if a team gets beat in the first round of the chamionship then the max number of games a player can play in 14 games a season. thats not enough for a lad who is training from jan to october ( at least).

one solution that nobody seems willing to consider is reducing the 13day rule for county players down to 7 day rule for say example the ulster chamionship  and up to the quarter finals and allow county players to play the week before these games.they have no more chance of getting injured as they have in these supposedly 'intense' inhouses tyrone matches anyway and it would allow a hell of alot more games to be played.

just a thought

Good enough idea which Mickey Harte wouldn't approve of in all probability.

Aaron Boone

I'm pretty sure Banty in Monaghan & Pat Gilroy in Dublin see the Tyrone club template as the way to go. The spring & early summer 2008 was great for our clubs but the whole thing shut down after the Twelfth.

goal and a point

Talking to greencastle player - Greencastle v eskra - draw 1.11 each, eskra never scored in 2nd half and it was possession football for last 5 minutes with no shots being hit. fair play to both teams, at least their status is guarnteed and they dont have to worry about playing ball in december. The current system leaves these type of matches to occur very easily.

Big Mickey

Quote from: orangeman on November 14, 2008, 10:00:30 PM
one point iv noticed lads that everyone seems to be missing regarding a new structure for the leagues is the needs of the club players.

yes nobody likes to be playing matches in november or december but i dont think reducing the number of matches down to 13 would be a good idea. this means that if a team gets beat in the first round of the chamionship then the max number of games a player can play in 14 games a season. thats not enough for a lad who is training from jan to october ( at least).

one solution that nobody seems willing to consider is reducing the 13day rule for county players down to 7 day rule for say example the ulster chamionship  and up to the quarter finals and allow county players to play the week before these games.they have no more chance of getting injured as they have in these supposedly 'intense' inhouses tyrone matches anyway and it would allow a hell of alot more games to be played.

just a thought

yeah maybe not but as much as i respect the man,tyrone gaa as a whole is bigger than one man and something needs to be done soon.no matter what happens or decisions are made somebody is going to be unhappy anyway

orangeman

Quote from: Big Mickey on November 15, 2008, 02:17:52 AM
Quote from: orangeman on November 14, 2008, 10:00:30 PM

just a thought

yeah maybe not but as much as i respect the man,tyrone gaa as a whole is bigger than one man and something needs to be done soon.no matter what happens or decisions are made somebody is going to be unhappy anyway
[/b]

There always wil be - that's a fact and regardless of the system, we'll inevitably find fault.

Tommo2

Any results from Div 1 today. Ardboe were unable to field. Killyclogher got the 2 points. That should be them safe.

20leg-end08

i heard donaghmore beat the fianna very easy with the match blown up early.
It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me

KIDDO 4

SAT 15 NOVEMBER

ACL Div 1 Round 11

Galbally 0-13 Aghyaran 1-11
Kildress 0-10 Loughmacrory 2-9
Donaghmore 1-13 Coalisland 0-8

ACL Div 1 Rd 12

Clonoe 1-7 Eglish 1-11

An Charraig Mhór v Errigal Ciaran OFF
(refixed Wed 19 Nov) 

ACL Div 1 Rd 14
Ardboe 0-8 Killyclogher 0-9

ACL Div 2 Rd 12
Edendork 0-13 Moortown 0-6

Div 2 Relegation play-off: Edendork v Tattyreagh Sat 22 Nov 2pm in Kileeshill

orangeman

How does this series of results leave the relegation situation ?

20leg-end08

i think it leaves cookstown on 9 pts with 2 games to play and donaghmore, aghayaran and galbally on 10 with 1 game to play.....thats just off the top of my head though can't be sure  :D
It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me

KIDDO 4

League table for Tyrone ACL Division 1
Team
Carrickmore  14= 26
Errigal Ciaran  14 = 22
Dromore  11 = 21
Clonoe  11 = 15
Omagh  12=  14
Kildress  15 =14
Coalisland  14 = 13
Ardboe  13 =12
Eglish  14 =12
Killyclogher14 =12 
Loughmacrory 14=12
Aygharan14=10
Donaghmore14=10
Galbally   14=10
Cookstown13=9,
Killyman14=2

aroundincircles

Cant see clonoe winning another game to be honest.

orangeman

Who have Aghyaran, Donaghmore, Cookstown and Galbally left to play ?

KIDDO 4

Donaghmore home to Dromore, Cookstown away to Dromore, home toClonoe,  with Eglish home to Aygharan, lLoughmacrory home to Killyclogher, Clonoe home toGalbally.