Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

For someone who doesn't post on the Utd thread he's loving it today.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Cunny Funt

Have to agree Roy Keane, a serious message from the United supporters that will be headlines all over the world.

Regardless of league positions Man United v Liverpool is the biggest game in the Premier league and its cancelled because supporters have enough of these owners.

Capt Pat

3 points should be awarded to Liverpool and the league goes to City.

StPatsAbu

Somewhat ironic that Liverpool were saved from a likely tanking today by manutd fans.  On the plus side the rearranged fixture might give united the opportunity to put the final nail in their coffin as regards champs league qualification

JoG2

Father Jack has woken!  ;D

Cunny Funt

GJL

Gary Neville spoke extremely well again today. He has played this very well the last couple of weeks and has got the feelings of the fans bang on.

ONeill

Honest question - why are the owners hated? Forget about the ESL crap, from the outside it seems like Utd have more money to spend than they ever did. What am I missing?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

From the Bunker

Quote from: ONeill on May 02, 2021, 09:28:52 PM
Honest question - why are the owners hated? Forget about the ESL crap, from the outside it seems like Utd have more money to spend than they ever did. What am I missing?

https://www.investopedia.com/ask/answers/052715/why-manchester-united-manu-carrying-so-much-debt.asp

ONeill

How is that a problem? Barca are 1.2b in debt. Madrid near 1b. Is that not how this works with fellas with that amount of money?

How is it affecting anything as a fan and in terms of transfer funds or how the team plays? Still, honest questions.

Dougal Maguire

Quote from: pbat on May 02, 2021, 04:56:33 PM
Quote from: Boycey on May 02, 2021, 04:51:18 PM
No game surely cause some lad took one of the corner flags away with him...

Thought Dougal Maguire's job was to watch the corner flags.
Careful now
Careful now

Cunny Funt

Quote from: ONeill on May 02, 2021, 09:28:52 PM

They created the debt by buying it with a loan and transferred the debt of that loan to the club.

They haven't spent any of their own money and have taken 2 billion from the club, all transfer money comes from club revenue.

No money spent on Old Trafford in the last 15 years and poor recruitment is down mostly to them because they have their own business men and buddies over transfers than football men.

ESL was the final straw for many supporters and it shows what these owners are really about and the Glazers was front runners in trying to get that franchise competition up and running.

ONeill

But I think they've more net spending than any other side bar City in the last 5 years?

Do Utd want a different billionaire owner just?

BennyCake

These billionaires club owners are billionaires because they are a bunch of ruthless, greedy, corrupt nuts. They wouldn't be much of a businessman if they owned a club and it losing money. It's a business venture. Of course they will pretend that they care about the fans and city, but really they don't give a shit, as long as they're making money.

Arsenal want their dodgy American owner out, and apparently the owner of Spotify is linked to buying it. I don't know the current owner, but you can guarantee this Spotify dude is a dodgy hoor too, a la Bill Gates, Zuckerberg or some other psycho.

Fans need to get real. All of these owners of their clubs are nutbars.

ONeill

Aye that's the thing. It's fairly warped. You've these supporters getting at wealthy owners yet applauding players earning a million a month and totally detached from their fan base, funded by these owners.

Not really sure what these fans want.