Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nrico2006

Quote from: An Watcher on April 30, 2021, 09:26:44 AM
He is a top player although pity utd didn't get him a few years back. When I think back to the Uruguay strike force of cavani and suarez both in their prime, there weren't many better pertnerships in world football.
Pogba seems to be coming on rightly but is he contract up at the end of next year?  He'll be outstanding next year but the minute the contract is signed wherever that is, it'll be tools down.

I dunno about Pogba, he just seems to be happier and there seems to be a better vibe around the team now and with how they are evolving.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Taylor

Quote from: Rich Ricci on April 30, 2021, 07:16:25 AM
Only saw highlights of the game but Pogba, Fernandes and Cavani were all involved in some brilliant passages of play. I'd say Utd will be doing whatever they can to get Cavani to stay another season because it's unlikely they are going to get a Haaland or a Kane. His finish for his 1st goal and his pass for Greenwood's were both of the highest quality.

Not sure where Roma got their sub keeper from mind you.  ;D

It seemed to me the keeper was playacting after a decent save - screaming and roaring in pain and the next minute he was fine and moving the arm freely.

Looked like it was too late then & he got hooked  ;D

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Taylor on April 30, 2021, 10:11:43 AM
Quote from: Rich Ricci on April 30, 2021, 07:16:25 AM
Only saw highlights of the game but Pogba, Fernandes and Cavani were all involved in some brilliant passages of play. I'd say Utd will be doing whatever they can to get Cavani to stay another season because it's unlikely they are going to get a Haaland or a Kane. His finish for his 1st goal and his pass for Greenwood's were both of the highest quality.

Not sure where Roma got their sub keeper from mind you.  ;D

It seemed to me the keeper was playacting after a decent save - screaming and roaring in pain and the next minute he was fine and moving the arm freely.

Looked like it was too late then & he got hooked  ;D

Yeah he was acting the bollox, he did seem fine but hey ho!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

johnnycool

Roma were poor and Utd cut them open at will in that second half. Chris Smalling showing again that he does inexplicable things at times.

That tie is over.

lurganblue

Utd had a period of being very poor themselves but they weathered that storm.  Does Greenwood in current form deserve to be starting ahead of Rashford?

Yeah the Roma keeper is obviously an absolute tit.

snoopdog

Quote from: lurganblue on April 30, 2021, 11:21:55 AM
Utd had a period of being very poor themselves but they weathered that storm.  Does Greenwood in current form deserve to be starting ahead of Rashford?

Yeah the Roma keeper is obviously an absolute tit.
I would say yes. Greenwood on the right is a better option than an injured rashford. Rashers best position is on the left. But Pogba was brilliant there last night.

bigarsedkeeper

Reports on Twitter that Cavani is staying for another year. That would mean they could concentrate on a right sided forward and a defensive midfielder. I can't see a centre half being bought tbh. Honestly wouldn't be confident of any decent signings but we'll see. Lingard to West Ham could open the door for Rice but I'm not sure he's the answer. Good player though, improvement on Fred.

Milltown Row2

I wonder will this be the weekend that Liverpool will want to be bate by Utd and Spurs to leapfrog them into the European conference cup thingy position?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

nrico2006

United have to get rid of Fred, Matic and Martial.

As for the Liverpool match, got nil nil written all over it.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

StPatsAbu

Quote from: nrico2006 on April 30, 2021, 10:51:16 PM
United have to get rid of Fred, Matic and Martial.

As for the Liverpool match, got nil nil written all over it.

Liverpool fans absolutely shitting the pants but I'm not sure why? They would bite your arm off for a 0-0 at the minute.

Milltown Row2

Could be a boring 0-0 or an exciting 3-3

Mo's form tells me he'll score it's what Utd do after that is anyone's guess, Utd play better when going behind

Boycey

No game surely cause some lad took one of the corner flags away with him...

pbat

Quote from: Boycey on May 02, 2021, 04:51:18 PM

Thought Dougal Maguire's job was to watch the corner flags.

BennyCake

Quote from: pbat on May 02, 2021, 04:56:33 PM
Quote from: Boycey on May 02, 2021, 04:51:18 PM

Thought Dougal Maguire's job was to watch the corner flags.

That Dick Byrne and that eejit Cyril up to no good again.

laoislad

The FA have released a statement saying they will be imposing penalties on United.
Bruno Fernandes has replied saying he'll take them.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.