Premier League 20/21

Started by Hereiam, August 05, 2020, 01:57:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GiveItToTheShooters

Too easy.
VAR or their protests couldn't bail them out this time.

macker15

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on May 13, 2021, 10:05:16 PM
Should be a "Things that didnt happen thread"...

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

macker15

I called Liverpool for 4th place weeks again and delighted to be proven. Benny Rogers should have stuck it out with Celtic.  They would have 10 in a row and better than finishing 5th with Leicester.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: macker15 on May 13, 2021, 11:42:20 PM
I called Liverpool for 4th place weeks again and delighted to be proven. Benny Rogers should have stuck it out with Celtic.  They would have 10 in a row and better than finishing 5th with Leicester.

You also said Roma should hammer Utd...
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

macker15

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 14, 2021, 12:01:43 AM
Quote from: macker15 on May 13, 2021, 11:42:20 PM

You also said Roma should hammer Utd...

I can't be right all the time Tom 😉

Milltown Row2

So everything will depend on the Chelsea Leicester game as to which of these will drop out of top four, Liverpool have by far the easiest run it, West Brom are the worst team in the league, Burnely secured survival and on the beach and at home to Woy's team in his last game against the team he used to manage..

I think Chelsea will miss out if they lose to Leicester, they have the FA cup final, which is the bigger game? the FA cup final or the league match?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

TabClear

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 14, 2021, 12:13:54 PM
So everything will depend on the Chelsea Leicester game as to which of these will drop out of top four, Liverpool have by far the easiest run it, West Brom are the worst team in the league, Burnely secured survival and on the beach and at home to Woy's team in his last game against the team he used to manage..

I think Chelsea will miss out if they lose to Leicester, they have the FA cup final, which is the bigger game? the FA cup final or the league match?

And one eye on the CL Final....It could be a stellar season for Chelsea or a complete disaster

shark

If Liverpool win their 3 games, then barring some ridiculous scoreline in the Leicester v Spurs game (plus Chelsea beating Leicester) , Liverpool are in.
When Chelsea play Leicester neither team will yet know what is required of them (unless Liverpool have messed up already). I suspect that Leicester would be more than happy with a draw, and then take their chances that they can beat Spurs on final day. Or at least equal whatever result Chelsea get against Villa.
Could be a very interesting final day. West Ham will still be in with an outside chance if they can win their next two. Of course, 5 could qualify if Chelsea come 5th and win the Champions League.

Taylor

Will 5th not qualify if City win?

Boycey

No and 4th mightn't if Chelsea win...

J70

Quote from: Boycey on May 14, 2021, 01:51:18 PM
No and 4th mightn't if Chelsea win...

I'm pretty sure top 4 qualifies now no matter what.

If Chelsea finish outside the top 4 and win the CL, then England gets five teams in it next year.

Had Arsenal made the Europa final and beat United, and Chelsea had finished outside the top 4 and won the CL, THEN 4th place would have lost the CL prize and the five spots would have went to top 3, Chelsea and Arsenal.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 14, 2021, 12:13:54 PM

It's all set up for Leicester to repeat last season and miss out on top four.

Captain Obvious

The Rodgers gamble to play Evans didn't pay off. Great to hear real crowd noise.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Captain Obvious on May 15, 2021, 05:49:14 PM
The Rodgers gamble to play Evans didn't pay off. Great to hear real crowd noise.

Was never going to play full 90mins, I'm surprised he started, it'll be same for Maguire possibly for Utd

Captain Obvious

Some drama at the end of that game. The save by Schmeichel that was as good as a goal then VAR disallowed a Chelsea goal. Well done Leicester FA Cup winners for the first time.