The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Arne to Slot right in?

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

From the Bunker

Liverpool will receive £34m for finishing third in the Premier League and £58m just for qualifying for the Champions League. [liverpool echo]

gawa316

Quote from: laoislad on May 25, 2021, 07:49:12 PM
Quote from: gawa316 on May 25, 2021, 03:37:47 PM
Not signing Kabak and looking to meet Konate's release clause
Talk of Leicester City interested in Kabak.
I was impressed enough with him to be fair to him. He seemed to want to stay also as you expect him to with a club like Liverpool.
Know very little about Konate, did he play in the Champions League games against Liverpool?

Think he was on the bench

trileacman

Quote from: TabClear on May 26, 2021, 07:59:11 AM

Kabak for £18m would have been a no brainer 2 years ago but transfer fees will be much lower this year, except for the premium players like Kane etc.

In my opinion you are underestimating Gomez. I think his role in that team gets overlooked because of VVD. He is a top CH. Very pacy and good on the ball stepping up into midfield which is crucial to the way Liverpool play. He is prone to the odd poor positioning decision and possibly not as strong in the air as Kabak but I would have him some distance ahead of him. I do realise I am possibly being unfair on Kabak in that while I think he did OK, I suspect if he had played alongside VVD for 2 years instead of Hendo/Fabinho/Williams/Phillips etc he would undoubtedly have looked more settled.
[/quote]

You're right about everything on Gomez bar one thing. He can't judge the flight of the ball in the air. I mean not at all. You can call it poor positional sense or whatever but he consistently every game I've ever seen him play loses the flight of the ball in the air and either scuffs it or gets under it. Really highlighted in the 7-2 villa game. He's a RB, he'll never make it at the top level as a CB.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

dec

I prefer goalies that score important goals not miss them.

Gmac

Hear there's a young man called Bradley from Tyrone going up the ranks at Liverpool quickly.

Armamike

Meanwhile the families of the 96 still can't get justice. 
That's just, like your opinion man.

Taylor

Quote from: Armamike on May 27, 2021, 05:35:09 PM
Meanwhile the families of the 96 still can't get justice.

It really is shocking.
Corrupt bastards

BennyCake

Surprise surprise.

Absolutely rotten to the core, as we already knew.

Capt Pat

Trent Alexander Arnold out if the euros with a torn quad muscle. He will be out for 6 weeks.

J70

Torn quad is a tough one. Been there myself with a bad tear (courtesy of a fucked-up, winter time Donegal pitch - went to kick the ball and my toe stuck in the divot while the rest of my leg kept going). Took about a week before I could straighten my leg, two months before I could kick a ball.

laoislad

Norwich City first game of the season.
Wolves the final game at home,be nice being at home for the trophy presentation...
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

TabClear

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/worst-player-ive-ever-seen-20895858

Good article on Craig "Skippy" Johnston on making it as a professional footballer at Liverpool in the 80s and inventing Predator boots.