Barking Dogs

Started by Lecale2, September 10, 2012, 05:04:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

Quote from: Hardy on September 11, 2012, 11:35:13 AM
:D

You couldn't have asked for a better lead-in, Myles.

Very droll.

Forever Green

Lecale2

Thanks for all the advice. The dogs still barking away for hours on end. Do they never get horse?

Anyway I called around to see the new neighbour and they came to the door stripped to the waist and carrying a large knife. I explained the problem with the barking and they told me they 'd "cut my b*lls off with this f**king bread knife and feed them to the dog" if I came to their door again.

I'll maybe try talking to the husband. He might be more seasonable. Or maybe I could fit one of the barking collars myself and fit it very tightly?

Eamonnca1

Quote from: mylestheslasher on September 11, 2012, 11:22:07 AM
Quote from: Eamonnca1 on September 11, 2012, 07:21:31 AM
Quote from: mylestheslasher on September 10, 2012, 08:45:16 PM
If I had a neighbour like you that goes the legal route as first choice I'd put dog shite in your letter box!

Can't do that here, mate. Only USPS postmen can open our mailboxes to put stuff in them.

Try again.

How about I fill an envelope full of dog shite and post it to you then?

Knock yourself out. In America they have this "return to sender" service. By the time your letter gets back to you I'd say it'd be in brave shape.  Although it'd be a waste of money since you've already talked plenty of shite on this thread so far and that was all delivered electronically.

mylestheslasher

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on September 12, 2012, 08:20:44 AM
Quote from: mylestheslasher on September 11, 2012, 11:22:07 AM
If I had a neighbour like you that goes the legal route as first choice I'd put dog shite in your letter box!

Can't do that here, mate. Only USPS postmen can open our mailboxes to put stuff in them.

Try again.

How about I fill an envelope full of dog shite and post it to you then?

Knock yourself out. In America they have this "return to sender" service. By the time your letter gets back to you I'd say it'd be in brave shape.  Although it'd be a waste of money since you've already talked plenty of shite on this thread so far and that was all delivered electronically.

This America sounds like a mighty place, they've thought of everything!

Aerlik

Cheap cuts of meat "drizzled" in anti-freeze.  Ahem, I've been "told" it works.  Permanently.
To find his equal an Irishman is forced to talk to God!

brokencrossbar1

Eamonnca, you're an awful c**k.

Lecale, if it is pup it will settle down.  Frustrating at the minute but it will settle down.  If it doesn't settle then just the auld anti freeze is your only job.

stew

Try again.

People mess with the mail all the time, tweakers make a living off of it ffs, just because the USPS deliver it does not mean the intended recipient is the first one to get it or other items added after the USPS guy leaves.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

stew

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on September 13, 2012, 04:19:19 PM
Eamonnca, you're an awful c**k.

Lecale, if it is pup it will settle down.  Frustrating at the minute but it will settle down.  If it doesn't settle then just the auld anti freeze is your only job.

If you tried to talk to her and she responded like that then you have tried to reason with them, the next step would be to file a nuisance report and see it that works, if not shoot the fcuker!
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

mylestheslasher

Quote from: stew on September 13, 2012, 04:37:40 PM

Try again.

People mess with the mail all the time, tweakers make a living off of it ffs, just because the USPS deliver it does not mean the intended recipient is the first one to get it or other items added after the USPS guy leaves.

That's good. I'd rather shovel it in the letter box than pay the price of a stamp like any good Cavan man.

Larry Duff

Quote from: Lecale2 on September 12, 2012, 08:08:07 AM
Thanks for all the advice. The dogs still barking away for hours on end. Do they never get horse?

Anyway I called around to see the new neighbour and they came to the door stripped to the waist and carrying a large knife. I explained the problem with the barking and they told me they 'd "cut my b*lls off with this f**king bread knife and feed them to the dog" if I came to their door again.

I'll maybe try talking to the husband. He might be more seasonable. Or maybe I could fit one of the barking collars myself and fit it very tightly?

Don't tell any other disgruntled neighbours you did this. It will leave them free to go down the steak antifreeze route Aerlik has heard of (or even something less subtle), knowing that you will get the blame.

Larry Duff

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on September 14, 2012, 01:09:45 PM
Yep, some steak & anti-freeze to deal with a dog that makes a bit of noise. A nice measured response to a problem that can be dealt with a talk hopefully, or at worst with the local council.  ::)
If some dog or cat this halloween gets a lit bottle rocket shoved up their backsides by local knuckledraggers somehow I'd doubt they'd be looked upon as cute hoors.

I'm certainly not condoning it. I'm just stating that by speaking to the owner Lecale has made himself number one suspect/target should the dog end up dead.

Talking to these people is pointless. You only have to look at the amount of dog shite on the pavements to know most dog owners couldn't give a toss about anyone else.