MacBook Pro...Are they worth it?

Started by Fender, September 12, 2012, 10:16:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Armaghgeddon

Quote from: JimStynes on September 13, 2012, 07:09:17 PM
Quote from: Armaghgeddon on September 13, 2012, 07:02:07 PM
Quote from: JimStynes on September 13, 2012, 06:55:47 PM
Quote from: Minder on September 13, 2012, 06:25:46 PM
I have had one for two years and it is going as well as the day I got it, it doesn't leave the house so not sure how it is a "fashion statement".

My brother in law has one as well. He got his mac in 2008 and I got my old windows laptop in 2008. His is still flying along and he has never had a problem with it. He works in IT as well so he uses it quite a bit. My old laptop is now a complete snail and has been crashing loads this past year. The MacBook Pro holds its value as well so when you go to sell it or upgrade to a new one you will still get a good bit of money for it.

And will be able to fix problems without having to pay much  ;)

He uses windows in work and says they're are shite compared to MacBook.

Windows isn't great but I do prefer the interface on windows although I have had no problems getting to grips with apple's.
I just think they are over priced and you could get something on windows just as good but cheaper. It all depends on what the person needs the computer for. Apple just isn't for me, and it boggles me why people get apple phones/apple laptops/apple mp3 players when if they did their research they would get much better value for money. I have always thought it, but for now, and because apple is a brand that is in high demand I cant help but think that people who buy into it are like sheep, they just follow a trend.

Main Street

The Macbook Air 13" is the best overall in the lightweight 13" class,  price, performance and quality.
The Macbook Pro 13", compared to similarly specced Windows rivals,  processor/performance/ screen/ battery life/weight  maybe come out a bit more expensive,
$100 or so.   A Dell 13" model for instance dumbs down their processor in order to prolong battery life.
There's swings and roundabouts with what's on offer.

My MBP17" is  68 months in use,  new charger/ new ssd , original battery (charges up to 95% efficiency), generally still lovely to use and zippy.