Sectarian Killer in Sash Remark re-instated

Started by Doogie Browser, July 21, 2010, 03:42:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doogie Browser

What do you all make of the guy in Belfast who was sacked and re-instated from Asda for the Sash comment?
Turns out he murdered two catholic brothers in the 1970's.

The mob mentality prevalent in Loyalism came to the fore again at the protests with intimidation of shoppers according to local reports from people in the area.  Crowds shouting abuse at people as they attempted to park in the area etc.

The one thing for sure is that Asda made a pigs ear of the whole affair.

nrico2006

Some boy Hunter wasn't it?  I read it somewhere yesterday and it was conveniently missing the info regarding him being a murderer.  But I'm sure if he was Gerry Adams wifes brothers nephews girlfriends step da then we would be hearing all about it.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

David McKeown

Tried to get into that Asda on Monday and was told in no uncertain terms that it would be in my best interests to go to Tesco. A loyalist killer by the name of Hunter crashed into my car in Halloween 08. Complete accident and he was very nice about it. I wonder if it was the same guy
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

Rois

I've a story about this guy - I live very near that Asda, as do my sister and her family, and my cousin as well (three separate households). 
The man in question always had UVF tattoos uncovered while working at the tills.  My brother in law complained, and the guy had to then wear long sleeves as the tattoos were intimidating.  He is a fecking annoying man to get at the tills, keeps making suggestions as to alternatives, two for £2.50 offers and all that.  Prob trying to be helpful,  but when you're in a hurry it's not great.

We couldn't get in on Friday eve either, and my sister and her family were stopped on Saturday - the thing about this area is that it's a stone's throw from where Thomas Devlin was killed, and it is frightening that attitudes haven't changed an awful lot for some people around the area.  This whole mob protection thing just reinforces the us v them thing.

Bro in law and cousin have both phoned to say they won't be shopping in Asda again.  I kinda think that's a bit far fetched, but anyway, they've done it. 

Doogie Browser

Thats the problem Rois, these Loyalist mobs know that their actions work and they will continue to do this.  Another example of Loyalism using intimidatory tactics to get what they want, nothing has changed.

TacadoirArdMhacha

The article in the Irish News on Monday carried a quote from one of his supporters saying "He has no problem serving the Catholics that come into the store."

As though that was somehow a recommendation or something out of the ordinary he should be proud of!
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Doogie Browser

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on July 21, 2010, 04:48:41 PM
The article in the Irish News on Monday carried a quote from one of his supporters saying "He has no problem serving the Catholics that come into the store."

As though that was somehow a recommendation or something out of the ordinary he should be proud of!
Loyalists still view kaflicks as shit on their shoe.

lolafrola

Yes i followed that story this week and when the Irish news printed it yesterday and the words to the sash they were making it out that it wasn't a big deal and that he wasn't a bad fella but then today they revealed he'd killed two catholics and was a bad egg.

Maybe the catholics should do the same and block the entrance until he is sacked again :D or is it in an area where that wouldn't be possible ???
Be nice to the people you meet on the way up, because you may meet them on the way back down.

Rossfan

Lots of letters/emails to ASDA HQ saying you won't shop in their stores any more.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Tony Baloney

There must be a question over whether Asda followed correct procedure in dismissing this lowlife. If they did, he should remain dismissed and the peelers should disperse the hangers on.

Doogie Browser

Quote from: Tony Baloney on July 21, 2010, 05:23:36 PM
There must be a question over whether Asda followed correct procedure in dismissing this lowlife. If they did, he should remain dismissed and the peelers should disperse the hangers on.
The Wal-Mart group are one of the worlds biggest companies and are bound to have a defined disciplinary procedure and I have no doubt it was followed when this boy was sacked.  However the threat of the hoods made them panic when the shelves did not empty for a few days.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Rois on July 21, 2010, 04:08:17 PM
I've a story about this guy - I live very near that Asda, as do my sister and her family, and my cousin as well (three separate households). 
The man in question always had UVF tattoos uncovered while working at the tills.  My brother in law complained, and the guy had to then wear long sleeves as the tattoos were intimidating.  He is a fecking annoying man to get at the tills, keeps making suggestions as to alternatives, two for £2.50 offers and all that.  Prob trying to be helpful,  but when you're in a hurry it's not great.

We couldn't get in on Friday eve either, and my sister and her family were stopped on Saturday - the thing about this area is that it's a stone's throw from where Thomas Devlin was killed, and it is frightening that attitudes haven't changed an awful lot for some people around the area.  This whole mob protection thing just reinforces the us v them thing.

Bro in law and cousin have both phoned to say they won't be shopping in Asda again.  I kinda think that's a bit far fetched, but anyway, they've done it. 

I f**king hate that. 

I'll be surprised if Asda don't shove him out the door as soon as no one is watching.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

gerry

Quote from: Rossfan on July 21, 2010, 05:11:00 PM
Lots of letters/emails to ASDA HQ saying you won't shop in their stores any more.

why, sure he has served his time.  if i went to their westwood store i am sure you get some staff with previous working their.
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Doogie Browser on July 21, 2010, 05:31:43 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on July 21, 2010, 05:23:36 PM
The Wal-Mart group are one of the worlds biggest companies and are bound to have a defined disciplinary procedure and I have no doubt it was followed when this boy was sacked.  However the threat of the hoods made them panic when the shelves did not empty for a few days.
They obviously weren't sticking to internal procedures and employment legislation otherwise he wouldn't have been formally dismissed and then reinstated. If he's gone he's gone.

down6061689194

He got 14 years for a double murder.

I was going to say that surely this attitude was in breach of parole, but hes been a free man for years.

So it appears that the sentancing has changed over the years, but bigoted attitudes remain rife.