?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Jonah

Quote from: hardstation on September 03, 2012, 08:09:07 AM
Quote from: Jonah on September 03, 2012, 08:02:44 AM
Quote from: hardstation on September 03, 2012, 08:01:39 AM
Quote from: Over the Bar on September 02, 2012, 11:57:37 PM
all depends what you class as 'fans'.  most of belfast support celtic or rangers simply because it involves sitting on their fat holes drinking cans and watching them on tv.
Same for Man United, Liverpool, Arsenal fans everywhere in Ireland.

All of them?
'Most' as was in his post.

Wouldn't agree with that at all.
There would be a good few like that but not most as you say.

StGallsGAA

Quoteall depends what you class as 'fans'.  most of belfast support celtic or rangers simply because it involves sitting on their fat holes drinking cans and watching them on tv.
Same for Man United, Liverpool, Arsenal fans everywhere in Ireland.

All of them?
'Most' as was in his post.

Wouldn't agree with that at all.
There would be a good few like that but not most as you say.
My point is as valid as his.

I think his point was to be a Cliftonville 'fan' and seeing them play means getting off your arse and going to the game whereas you can be a Celtic 'fan' without leaving your armchair!   

Oraisteach

Thanks for all the replies, but all I was getting it really was the question 'If you asked a Nationalist soccer follower from Belfast whether they liked Cliftonville or Celtic better, what would they say, apart from f@%k away aff?"  Would more identify primarily with Cliftonville, or would more pick Celtic?  Thanks again.  My own feeling was Celtic, but then again I'm not from Belfast and I don't follow the Irish League too closely.

Myles Na G.

Quote from: Oraisteach on September 03, 2012, 11:24:10 PM
Thanks for all the replies, but all I was getting it really was the question 'If you asked a Nationalist soccer follower from Belfast whether they liked Cliftonville or Celtic better, what would they say, apart from f@%k away aff?"  Would more identify primarily with Cliftonville, or would more pick Celtic?  Thanks again.  My own feeling was Celtic, but then again I'm not from Belfast and I don't follow the Irish League too closely.
They'd say, 'Soccer? Do you mean football?' Then they'd tell you to f@%k away aff.  ;)

johnneycool

Quote from: Myles Na G. on September 04, 2012, 07:12:51 AM
They'd say, 'Soccer? Do you mean football?' Then they'd tell you to f@%k away aff.  ;)

Strange that the IFA run soccer camps during the summer then?

Over the Bar

Lucky for celtic benfica have just sold their two best players!

AQMP

I'd think it would be Celtic by a country (or city) mile.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: AQMP on September 04, 2012, 09:49:06 AM

I'd think it would be Celtic by a country (or city) mile.

But if you are from the Ciftonville area.........
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Forever Green

Of course its Celtic

By a good distance as well

dillinger

Quote from: Forever Green on September 04, 2012, 02:04:35 PM
Of course its Celtic

By a good distance as well
It is of course.

But would it not be better to see local fans wearing the colours of Rangers and Celtic?  :o

Doing this, money will be going back into the clubs.

Of course i mean, Carrick Rangers and Donegal Celtic.

mylestheslasher

This game on anywhere on tv tonight apart from sky and/or setanta?

The Worker

Why do rte show the utd game? Surely there are more Celtic fans in its region than utd?

Armaghgael

If in doubt.......take man and ball!

Tony Baloney

Quote from: The Worker on September 19, 2012, 07:36:50 PM
Why do rte show the utd game? Surely there are more Celtic fans in its region than utd?
It would be a close call.

laoislad

Quote from: The Worker on September 19, 2012, 07:36:50 PM

RTE have always been biased towards Man U.
Would have preferred if they showed the Chelsea game myself.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.