Premier League 2023-2024

Started by Dire Ear, July 31, 2022, 12:39:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShutterinbyDayGAAbyNight

Nicolas Jackson scores a premier league hattrick before Marcus Rashford...

jcpen

Quote from: thewobbler on November 06, 2023, 10:59:13 PMSky Sports really, really wanted big Ange to tear into the officials.

He didn't.

The sport (and the one we have closer to home) really could do with more people like him (as well as a media that doesn't try to make a week's news out of a tackle).
Seems like a decent fella and a good manager. Won't be long until a big club come calling.
This is one of my 3 usernames.

Armagh18

Quote from: jcpen on November 07, 2023, 10:03:21 AM
Quote from: thewobbler on November 06, 2023, 10:59:13 PMSky Sports really, really wanted big Ange to tear into the officials.

He didn't.

The sport (and the one we have closer to home) really could do with more people like him (as well as a media that doesn't try to make a week's news out of a tackle).
Seems like a decent fella and a good manager. Won't be long until a big club come calling.
Doubt he'd want to touch United with a barge  pole at the minute. Big team in Spain maybe?

statto

Quote from: thewobbler on November 07, 2023, 08:41:34 AM
Quote from: mrdeeds on November 07, 2023, 08:04:01 AMAnd why would Ange tear into officials. The two players sent off should have been sent off earlier in game.

Have we really reached a point whereby a player can get sent off for a challenge in which he doesn't make contact?

——-

Honestly not sure what game it is that soccer fans want to watch. But I prefer to watch one with tackling in it.
I would agree with that thought the calls for Udogie to go were desperate.  Romero for me shouldn't be a red either but we are where we are.  Vinnie Jones etc, wouldn't last a game in 2023. 

Jell 0 Biafra

Romero's was a nailed on red. You can't follow through like that anymore. Lucky to still be on the pitch after kicking out at someone only minutes earlier.  He's a total headcase.

Udogie's was of the "high yellow" variety.  Sterling probably helped his case by getting out of the way quick enough, but it was a two footed lunge, and hard to see how one would argue that he wasn't out of control.

Link

Quote from: trailer on November 07, 2023, 08:23:16 AMRefreshing from Ange but he can't have much to complain about. Two guys sent off for stupid tackles.

Can't wait for Statement fc to play Replay fc. Papers will need to bring out special supplements to print all the shite those two managers come out with.

Leaky Roof / Excuses / Woman Beating FC

Delete as appropriate  ;D

clonian

Quote from: statto on November 07, 2023, 11:27:43 AM
Quote from: thewobbler on November 07, 2023, 08:41:34 AM
Quote from: mrdeeds on November 07, 2023, 08:04:01 AMAnd why would Ange tear into officials. The two players sent off should have been sent off earlier in game.

Have we really reached a point whereby a player can get sent off for a challenge in which he doesn't make contact?

——-

Honestly not sure what game it is that soccer fans want to watch. But I prefer to watch one with tackling in it.
I would agree with that thought the calls for Udogie to go were desperate.  Romero for me shouldn't be a red either but we are where we are.  Vinnie Jones etc, wouldn't last a game in 2023

Is that a bad thing? He was shite

thewobbler

VAR once again trying to render football into basketball tonight with Rashford.

As a concept, VAR would improve significantly if they were only permitted to review tackles in real-time. Pretty much every contact looks like an assault when shown in slo-mo.

Said the same thing during the RWC. The aggressive heart of both sports is being torn asunder by reviewing every tackle with an an intent to intervene. 

Look-Up!

Quote from: thewobbler on November 08, 2023, 08:51:21 PMVAR once again trying to render football into basketball tonight with Rashford.

As a concept, VAR would improve significantly if they were only permitted to review tackles in real-time. Pretty much every contact looks like an assault when shown in slo-mo.

Said the same thing during the RWC. The aggressive heart of both sports is being torn asunder by reviewing every tackle with an an intent to intervene. 

Can't have any sympathy for Rashford on that red, could have done some real damage and nowhere near the ball. Getting a bit fed up with managers from big clubs complaining about these type of decisions. For years they bitched and moaned about protecting "star players" and coached them to dive and make the most out of minimal contact in order to get opposition players reprimanded. But when one of their star players almost breaks some nobody's ankle, they bitch and moan about sanitising the game. F**k em!

lurganblue

I thought it was a red straight away by Rashford. Making a balls of what you are trying to do is not an excuse.

Blowitupref

Quote from: lurganblue on November 09, 2023, 03:30:50 PMI thought it was a red straight away by Rashford. Making a balls of what you are trying to do is not an excuse.
Thought it was debatable. No consistency from officials on those type of challenges, Wataru Endo made the same challenge for Liverpool last night and received a yellow.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Captain Obvious

Eddie Howe's return to Bournemouth ended in a 2-0 defeat the home support enjoyed that.  Earlier on Tottenham beaten by Wolves, Ange Postecoglou got a new manager bounce and now comes his true test with injuries and suspensions to deal with.

marty34

Quote from: Captain Obvious on November 11, 2023, 07:39:18 PMEddie Howe's return to Bournemouth ended in a 2-0 defeat the home support enjoyed that.  Earlier on Tottenham beaten by Wolves, Ange Postecoglou got a new manager bounce and now comes his true test with injuries and suspensions to deal with.

Wolves doing to Spurs what Spurs did to Sheff. Utd a while back.

Jell 0 Biafra

Spurs starting 11 is pretty good.  Their bench is threadbare.