Division one 2021

Started by tonto1888, December 14, 2020, 07:59:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

galwayman

Quote from: An Fhairche Abu on May 15, 2021, 03:42:23 PM
As close as I've ever come to turning off a match and doing something else, shocking stuff.
I have a similar feeling. Pj it seems has learned little over the past 12 months.
Kerry playing fantastic football but the absolute rag order of us today has shocked me.
Why do we continually revert back to this lack of physical intensity - it's a joke and you just can't get away with it at this level.
We have plenty of talented players but that doesn't matter one shite if the lack of bite and defensive appetite that's on evidence today isn't addressed and sharpish.

Captain Obvious

David Clifford a generational talent.

An Fhairche Abu

Quote from: galwayman on May 15, 2021, 03:59:59 PM
Quote from: An Fhairche Abu on May 15, 2021, 03:42:23 PM
As close as I've ever come to turning off a match and doing something else, shocking stuff.
I have a similar feeling. Pj it seems has learned little over the past 12 months.
Kerry playing fantastic football but the absolute rag order of us today has shocked me.
Why do we continually revert back to this lack of physical intensity - it's a joke and you just can't get away with it at this level.
We have plenty of talented players but that doesn't matter one shite if the lack of bite and defensive appetite that's on evidence today isn't addressed and sharpish.
A Division Four team wouldn't go out on the pitch and put in a performance as poor as this against Kerry. The space they are being afforded is incredible but they have the top players to punish it as well.
Rossies will be licking their lips at Connacht semi-final match, this is a shambles altogether from the coaching to the players on the pitch, whatever excuses they had for the Mayo match last year with the lockdown and injuries there's no dressing this up.

rodney trotter

Galway look like the days pre Kevin Walsh, a soft edge with erratic defending. At least Walsh had a more solid look to Galway. It maybe needed a bit more bite in the attack under Kevin Walsh, which it was thought Joyce would bring

galwayman

Is it too much to expect that at county senior level - given that we know we don't have the level of one-on-one defenders as some other counties - we would have a proper f*cling defensive system in place? Absolutely shambolic all over the pitch.

greatpoint

What was the Galway hype all about in the first place anyway?

Blowitupref

Kerry 22 point winners could have been more when you consider the amount of good saves Power made.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Blowitupref

Quote from: rodney trotter on May 15, 2021, 04:22:18 PM
Galway look like the days pre Kevin Walsh, a soft edge with erratic defending. At least Walsh had a more solid look to Galway. It maybe needed a bit more bite in the attack under Kevin Walsh, which it was thought Joyce would bring

For some strange reason Walsh never got the credit he deserved. Took on Galway team that was a mid table Div 2 team that hadn't won Connacht for a number of years. He lead them to a Div 1 final, All Ireland semi final and a number of Connacht title which included plenty of wins over Mayo.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

tonto1888

Quote from: Angelo on May 15, 2021, 02:37:48 PM
Quote from: Cunny Funt on May 15, 2021, 01:06:26 PM
Much changed Roscommon team. Dublin going very strong, do they think this is a Super 8 group championship match?

Is that not the team that started the AI final?

Wouldn't be surprised if they just submitted that teamsheet and start something completely different.

No cluxton in that teamsheet

yellowcard

Galway were a shambles today, just looked really poor and Kerry's forwards can do damage if you give them the time and space. Cliffords goal was something else, playground stuff really only he had the composure to do it in a top level intercounty GAA match. The defending was shocking though to allow that to happen at this level of football. I doubt if Kerry will have an easier game all season. Pre Covid it looked like Galway had the tools required to rule in Connacht but Mayo and Galway have gone in polar opposite directions since then.

GalwayBayBoy

That was honestly the worst performance I've ever seen from a Galway team. No exaggeration to say that Kerry could easily have hit 10 goals with better finishing. A division 4 side would lose heavily to Kerry but at least they would look organised doing so and would get a few tackles in.

Has to be serious questions about the management setup now although nothing will be done this late into the year so may as well play out the string now. You can argue about their form over the past while but when 3 forwards in their primes basically walk off the panel before the season it cannot be a good sign of a harmonious team environment .

Blowitupref

Tyrone 0-10 Donegal 0-10 at half time, decent quality competitive contest between two well matched sides.

J70

Some very nice scoring from both sides. Both getting plenty of room to work in.

McKenna still getting used to the round ball -has mishit a couple of attempted outside-of-the-boot kicks.

omagh_gael

Great start from Paul Donaghy, those free kicks weren't gimmes into that that wind. We'd have missed 50% of those sorts of frees over past years.

yellowcard

The Ulster championship game between these 2 sides last year was the highest quality match I seen all of last season especially given the horrendous conditions.

Another good contest today, I think these are the 2 best teams in Ulster by some distance at the minute.