Boxing Thread

Started by bennydorano, November 04, 2007, 09:00:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nrico2006

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 02, 2021, 08:18:55 PM
There are 2000 registered female professional boxers, apparently. So it's not a minority sport? What a thicko

Huh?
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

GiveItToTheShooters

There are 2000 registered female professional boxers, apparently. So it's not a minority sport? What a thicko
It's irrelevant how many competitors there are.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on May 02, 2021, 08:30:44 PM

Ok, so for me Michelle Smith is the best Irish sports person Ireland has ever produced
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

GiveItToTheShooters

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 02, 2021, 08:43:49 PM
Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on May 02, 2021, 08:30:44 PM

Ok, so for me Michelle Smith is the best Irish sports person Ireland has ever produced
Ok.
Katie's achievements outweigh hers.

screenexile

Weird discussion. I think we can all agree she's a phenomenal athlete and a brilliant role model why can't we just leave it there?

From the Bunker

Quote from: screenexile on May 03, 2021, 04:44:35 AM
Weird discussion. I think we can all agree she's a phenomenal athlete and a brilliant role model why can't we just leave it there?

+1

gallsman

Good fight, Saunders did way better than expected but there was no way he was winning that fight with four to go after what had just happened.

I suppose all the hard men on this thread will be out for blood again over a guy with a broken face retiring on his stool.

JimStynes

Great to see as he is one horrible man

Tony Baloney

Quote from: JimStynes on May 09, 2021, 08:42:39 AM
Great to see as he is one horrible man
Yes couldn't have happened to a nicer chap.

nrico2006

A bit embarrassing for Saunders given how he ripped Dubois out when he lost against Joyce.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

JimStynes

He's just a horrible person and his wee lad is a cheeky wee f**ker too. Canelo is something else all the same. Can't see who can beat him atm. Although I did lose a bit of respect for not fighting GGG in his prime.

nrico2006

Quote from: JimStynes on May 09, 2021, 02:22:35 PM
He's just a horrible person and his wee lad is a cheeky wee f**ker too. Canelo is something else all the same. Can't see who can beat him atm. Although I did lose a bit of respect for not fighting GGG in his prime.

Aye, he lost the first GGG fight for definite though. He is brilliant but has picked his opponents well too, would love to see him fight a Charlo, Andrade or Betterbiev. Those 3 would ask questions of him.

JimStynes

Quote from: nrico2006 on May 09, 2021, 03:32:00 PM

Aye, he lost the first GGG fight for definite though. He is brilliant but has picked his opponents well too, would love to see him fight a Charlo, Andrade or Betterbiev. Those 3 would ask questions of him.

He possibly lost both fights against GGG. He picked Mayweather and got totally schooled. I don't believe he would have beaten Mayweather at 152 catchweight at any time of his career either. Mayweather is too slick.  I don't know enough about the 3 you've mentioned apart from Charlo. I don't think he stands a chance against him either.

JoG2

Quote from: JimStynes on May 09, 2021, 04:42:03 PM

He possibly lost both fights against GGG. He picked Mayweather and got totally schooled. I don't believe he would have beaten Mayweather at 152 catchweight at any time of his career either. Mayweather is too slick.  I don't know enough about the 3 you've mentioned apart from Charlo. I don't think he stands a chance against him either.

GGG won both those fights in imo. Re Mayweather, incredible boxer, one of the best, but for the likes of Hatton, Canelo etc to have stood a chance, they needed a ref to allow them to box on the inside, not break them apart continuously

nrico2006

Quote from: JoG2 on May 09, 2021, 04:49:24 PM
Quote from: JimStynes on May 09, 2021, 04:42:03 PM

GGG won both those fights in imo. Re Mayweather, incredible boxer, one of the best, but for the likes of Hatton, Canelo etc to have stood a chance, they needed a ref to allow them to box on the inside, not break them apart continuously

You're in trouble if you rely on the ref though. Canelo was just too young/inexperienced against Mayweather.