American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carmen Stateside

Chargers get it done and looked good doing it, although they did allow Broncos to regain an onside kick late on to make the last few minutes a little uncomfortable for both fans and coach.

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: Oraisteach on October 11, 2016, 03:48:33 PM
I'd love to see an Indians vs Cubs World Series, battle of the perennial losers.

you beat us in the NBA - let the Jays go to the World Series  :D

Oraisteach

Gabe, 1948.  4 years before Armagh made it to its first AI Final.  It's our turn.  Believeland Rocks.

magpie seanie

Ball Hopper

Quote from: Oraisteach on October 14, 2016, 06:00:13 PM
Gabe, 1948.  4 years before Armagh made it to its first AI Final.  It's our turn.  Believeland Rocks.

4????

Gabriel_Hurl

Oraisteach

Wow, that was a slip-up.  Still, go Tribe!

Oraisteach

Indians beat the Bluejays 2-1 and take a 2-0 lead in the American League Championship Series.  Next three games in Toronto, though.

Linkbox

Another bad loss for the fighting Irish at the weekend. Hopefully the clown Kelly is on the way out as he is running out of people to blame.

gallsman

The Carolina defence really has fallen off a cliff. Awful.

tyroneman

Raiders sh£t the bed at home again.

Woeful defence, as usual, and an off night for Carr and Crab.

Hound

Made it to my first NFL game at the weekend. Ravens at Giants. I've no real interest in either team, but decided on being a home supporter.

Craic was superb. Atmosphere was great, and the game was a nail biter.

Started badly for the Giants, looked like they would get hosed, Odell looked in fierce bad humour. Moaning and making hand signals, then got what looked no more than a shoulder charge and hobbled off to the sideline, then down the tunnel - looked very much like he didn't want to be there.

Lucky to be only 10-0 down at that stage, but then the Giants' sub WR catches a TD, and very shortly after Giants get a turnover, and seconds after that, OBJ comes racing back out of the tunnel! "What a ballix" I thought. But bejaysus, wasn't he only awesome when he did get back on the pitch!

AZOffaly

Cardinals back to 3-3 but Jaysus that MNF was a hard watch. 19 penalties and Carson Palmer just does not look happy in himself. David Johnson is having a great year again, and the Offensive line looks like it can zone run block. But pass protection is not great, and I think they are in trouble. Seattle this week. Gulp.

Gabriel_Hurl

Oraisteach

Thanks, Gabe.  Surprised that we did it with three starting pitchers out.  Would like to see the Cubs make it--two beleaguered teams.  People in Cleveland want Charlie Sheen "Wild Thing" from Major League to throw out the first pitch.