American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

Cardinals get the win last night in San Francisco (well, Santa Clara actually). Great to get a division win, and the defence looked a good bit more up for it, but Drew Stanton and the offence looked very Ropey. David Johnson and Larry Fitz were excellent, but Michael Floyd has a serious case of the drops, and some of the other receivers looked a bit 'wing mirror ish' on routes over the middle. Not good to see.

I think they are going to miss the playoffs.

magpie seanie

Quote from: AZOffaly on October 07, 2016, 12:07:03 PM
Cardinals get the win last night in San Francisco (well, Santa Clara actually). Great to get a division win, and the defence looked a good bit more up for it, but Drew Stanton and the offence looked very Ropey. David Johnson and Larry Fitz were excellent, but Michael Floyd has a serious case of the drops, and some of the other receivers looked a bit 'wing mirror ish' on routes over the middle. Not good to see.

I think they are going to miss the playoffs.

They'll miss the playoffs with Drew Stanton starting. If Palmer is back and on form they still have a great chance. Jury still out on the defence - they had to react last night but it was against Blaine Gabbert and a poor 49ers team.

Carmen Stateside

Its every week with the Chargers now! Hope ONeill is ok

tyroneman

Raiders 4-1 with one of, if not the worst, D in the NFL.......

oakleaflad

Quote from: tyroneman on October 10, 2016, 07:47:45 PM
Definitely not worse than the Dolphins

Minder

Quote from: oakleaflad on October 10, 2016, 08:42:16 PM
Quote from: tyroneman on October 10, 2016, 07:47:45 PM
Definitely not worse than the Dolphins

They are, last place, in yards allowed per game.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Oraisteach

Cleveland Indians eliminate the Boston Red Sox in three games.  David Ortiz's final game. 

cadhlancian

The Raiders secondary is poor no doubt. But Yards allowed can be a superficial stat.

tyroneman

Quote from: cadhlancian on October 11, 2016, 04:55:56 AM
The Raiders secondary is poor no doubt. But Yards allowed can be a superficial stat.

It's a strange one. Smith, Amerson and Nelson are all decent players. Joseph has been excellent. Mack and Irvin should be generating more pass rush pressure, although it would help if the secondary made QBs hold onto the ball a second longer.....and the constant holding on Mack was actually flagged

Leaving aside the terrible LBs (exWashington pickup Riley almost immediately looks the best of the bunch along with rookie James) you really gotta wonder if KNJ is up to the job. That D on personnel alone should not be as bad as it plays.

muppet

Quote from: Oraisteach on October 11, 2016, 02:53:46 AM
Cleveland Indians eliminate the Boston Red Sox in three games.  David Ortiz's final game.

Can Cleveland do a double?
MWWSI 2017

Oraisteach

I'd love to see an Indians vs Cubs World Series, battle of the perennial losers.

stew

Quote from: Oraisteach on October 11, 2016, 02:53:46 AM

A true gentleman and all time great, I loved the guy, Red Sox through and through, legend.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

AZOffaly

magpie seanie

I get your point but he's undeniably correct. Another journeyman backup coming in and running the Bears offence better than Cutler (Josh McCown did it a few years back but the front office didn't notice and gave Cutler his ridiculous contract). At least he will be dumped in the off season....may have played his last game if Hoyer can stay fit.

Martellus is an incredibly talented TE and will thrive with NE.

ONeill

Have you witnessed a more remarkable start to the season than that from the Chargers? No other way to lose a game now in the 4th quarter.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.