Documentaries

Started by 5 Sams, July 14, 2013, 08:56:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

omaghjoe

Quote from: muppet on July 30, 2016, 03:58:40 PM
I love Neil DeGrasse Tyson's Cosmos.

The science explanations are excellent, really great show watched it a couple of time now.
But he really should leave the politics out of it

lurganblue

Quote from: JimStynes on July 30, 2016, 11:16:36 AM
Watched a good documentary from America. All or Nothing: A season with the Arizona Cardinals. 8 episodes long and on Amazon Prime. I like those behind the scenes type shows.

Something similar on netflix. "Last Chance U". America football college team i believe.  I'm yet to watch it but the trailer looks decent.

NAG1

Watched a good documentary from America. All or Nothing: A season with the Arizona Cardinals. 8 episodes long and on Amazon Prime. I like those behind the scenes type shows.

Any links Jim sounds interesting

bridgegael

Any other decent sports documentaries on Netflix? Watched one there about NHL Enforcers and how important they were to their teams.  Can't think of the name of it now,  but those guys were nuts, and a lot of them had mental health and addiction problems after leaving the sport.
"2009 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

gallsman

Quote from: NAG1 on August 01, 2016, 04:06:13 PM

Any links Jim sounds interesting

Amazon prime. Torrents.

If you haven't signed up for free trial of prime, you can get a month for free and will have access to all their video content.

Apparently so

Watched one about Pable Escobar a while back. A true inspiration to us all

God Bless

Syferus

Last Chance U is absolutely excellent, just released on Netflix a few days ago. Scooba, Mississippi reminds of a lot the rural counties in Ireland.

Over the Bar

When are they going to make a documentary about the fella who sold $15 golf ball finders to the Brits in Iraq as bomb detectors for £10k a pop?    ;D. He definitely deserves some recognition. 

stew

Hillary's America is some watch boys, loved it.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

themac_23

Quote from: Syferus on August 01, 2016, 11:30:00 PM
Last Chance U is absolutely excellent, just released on Netflix a few days ago. Scooba, Mississippi reminds of a lot the rural counties in Ireland.
Finished watching it last night, really good watch i enjoyed it and it uncovers a lot of what goes on at that level of sport in america especially the fact that most of the guys dont want to be there and only want to play football and the struggle the teachers and staff go through to get them on the field. Would love to see a documentary following players who didn't make the NFL but fell back on the education they gained even though at the time it wasn't appreciated.

Declan

http://www.tv3.ie/3player/show/996/111959/1/

Breaking Boundaries - was on TV3 last night about the son of a friend of mine who broke his neck - inspirational stuff

leenie

Inside job
The global financial meltdown that took place in Fall 2008 caused millions of job and home losses and plunged the United States into a deep economic recession. Matt Damon narrates a documentary that provides a detailed examination of the elements that led to the collapse and identifies keys financial and political players...

One of the best documentaries I've seen .. Watched the Big Short again and made so much more sense.
I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

Linkbox

Quote from: leenie on August 04, 2016, 01:12:56 PM
Inside job
The global financial meltdown that took place in Fall 2008 caused millions of job and home losses and plunged the United States into a deep economic recession. Matt Damon narrates a documentary that provides a detailed examination of the elements that led to the collapse and identifies keys financial and political players...

One of the best documentaries I've seen .. Watched the Big Short again and made so much more sense.

Watched it a few months ago. Incredibly depressing that it was done five years ago and nothing has changed at all. The American government is in bed with Wall St so nothing will change anytime soon. Really liked the interviewer within the piece. Stuck it to a few of the idiots he was talking too. Especially the guy towards the end who said he had three minutes left once he started to ask the hard questions.

Interesting that they used Elliot Spritzer. He's had his own sticky situations with prostitutes and campaign funds back in the day. Spoke well enough though. Has got me in the mood for the new Anthony Weiner documentary that promises to be a car crash.

Linkbox

Quote from: themac_23 on August 02, 2016, 09:33:40 AM
Finished watching it last night, really good watch i enjoyed it and it uncovers a lot of what goes on at that level of sport in america especially the fact that most of the guys dont want to be there and only want to play football and the struggle the teachers and staff go through to get them on the field. Would love to see a documentary following players who didn't make the NFL but fell back on the education they gained even though at the time it wasn't appreciated.

Brilliant lads. Loved every second of it.

Rois

Quote from: Linkbox on August 05, 2016, 02:56:05 PM
Quote from: themac_23 on August 02, 2016, 09:33:40 AM

Brilliant lads. Loved every second of it.

3 episodes in and really enjoying it - thanks for the recommendation on here.

Going to a Tulane Green Wave game next month so getting in the college football mood.