Gardening

Started by 118cmal, June 25, 2010, 02:59:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

Dog lichen for the first time this year. A good challenge.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

snoopdog

Anyone got any tips to stop a 10 month old pup digging up the lawn. Getting rid of the pup isnt an option  :)

laoislad

Quote from: WeeDonns on February 25, 2021, 05:17:37 PM
Got an in ground trampoline put in a few weeks back & artificial grass on the rest of the back garden.
Have to say the artificial grass is a great job. Garden was previously holding a lot of water, so had to drain it anyway. Kids getting great use out of it now

Had to dig a soakaway under the trampoline, its doing the job so far
Getting artificial grass installed myself in the next few weeks. Back garden is just a swamp with any sort of rain.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: snoopdog on March 21, 2021, 09:43:12 AM
Anyone got any tips to stop a 10 month old pup digging up the lawn. Getting rid of the pup isnt an option  :)

Very hard to keep a garden with dog,

redzone

Quote from: WeeDonns on February 25, 2021, 05:17:37 PM
Got an in ground trampoline put in a few weeks back & artificial grass on the rest of the back garden.
Have to say the artificial grass is a great job. Garden was previously holding a lot of water, so had to drain it anyway. Kids getting great use out of it now

Had to dig a soakaway under the trampoline, its doing the job so far
We're u deal for the, artifical grass

Targetman

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on March 21, 2021, 01:20:46 PM

Very hard to keep a garden with dog,
Have the same problem only he's digging up the moss!!

Orior

I have tried various things (e.g. red sauce in its food) but nothing works.

Cordon off part of your garden, and cover it with shrubs and woodchip. Then teach the dog to do its business on the woodchip.

Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

snoopdog

I'm wondering if I created the problem by giving the dog the odd bone. Although she never buries it. Just leaves them lying around the garden.

bigfrank

On the look out for a lawn mower and strimmer,live in a semi detached house so lawn front and back are quite small so don't need anything too expensive,just reliable and gets the job done,any suggestions online or elsewhere??

general

Quote from: bigfrank on March 22, 2021, 01:11:55 PM
On the look out for a lawn mower and strimmer,live in a semi detached house so lawn front and back are quite small so don't need anything too expensive,just reliable and gets the job done,any suggestions online or elsewhere??

Screwfix has a couple of mountfield mowers at really good value - go with a petrol one - saving a few quid on the battery ones will only give you a headache

https://www.screwfix.ie/c/outdoor-gardening/lawn-mowers/cat840622#category=cat840622&fueltypegardenpower=petrol

grounded

I suppose depends on the size of your garden. Some of these cordless lawnmowers look good for small lawns.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/BLACK-DECKER-Lithium-Ion-Mower-Batteries/dp/B00GV93K3S/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=black+and+decker+cordless+lawnmower+36v&qid=1616420887&sprefix=black+and+decker+cordless+la&sr=8-3

The bonus with that on is you get 2 batteries so you could get the black and decker strimmer as well.

grounded

I own the B&D strimmer and its fine for light garden work.
      A friend has the cordless mower and has no probs with it with the small lawn he owns.

Taylor

What about those robotic mowers?

Suppose it depends what size your garden is.

Anyone using one of those robotic ones?

Orior

Quote from: Taylor on March 22, 2021, 03:58:00 PM

This guy?

Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

grounded

Quote from: Taylor on March 22, 2021, 03:58:00 PM

Yep. Using a flymo 1200r for my lawn. Picked it up on a deal for around £400 on Amazon before Christmas. Its basically a rebadged Husquavarna. Bit of faff laying the perimeter cable and power supply.
        Have to say so far great job. No grass clippings to take to the dump being the biggest bonus for me. Time will tell. Have kept the petrol Honda in any case.