Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jonkunlon

Quote from: Tormund on June 08, 2021, 08:43:42 PM
I dunno, i dont think he is a wind up merchant, maybe just young or something, who knows

Village idiot

Crikeyboys

Where can Laois game be watched.  It's unlikely to be on TG4. I suppose GAAGO is best bet.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Crikeyboys on June 08, 2021, 10:10:06 PM
Where can Laois game be watched.  It's unlikely to be on TG4. I suppose GAAGO is best bet.

Provided it doesn't lose its reception GAAgo is the best bet
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Jonkunlon

Yeah it's on GAAGO and can be purchased for £5. Always good camera shots and Commentary not too bad either.

Applesisapples

Quote from: imtommygunn on June 08, 2021, 03:04:06 PM
Quote from: north_antrim_hound on June 08, 2021, 02:50:07 PM
Cam down lads, we are not the same standards as limerick,Galway Tipp etc. we need to be competing at minor and u21 before we have those sort of aspirations. I'll take a deep run in Leinster with the view of adding a few more players for next year.

Dublin are a massive battle for us. They were well ahead of us in our game and we say we were tired etc but the championship game will tell us if that is a reality. We're massively improved being competitive with these teams and if we beat Dublin tbh I would be absolutely over the moon and if I'm honest very pleasantly surprised. I would say it's dublin +5 or so for that game by bookies odds. One game at a time.

All Ireland talk is either WUM stuff or pipe dream stuff.

Galway, Limerick and Tipp the 3 best with the likes of KK, Waterford etc below them. There's a massive gap between the top few and the next few and there's a massive gap from them to the rest.
Yes Dublin have worked hard and spent a lot in the last 10 years to develop hurling, but you Antrim guys have a tradition going back generations and all the cultural links to commons, shinty etc... You can and should be able to compete at the highest level. Though an AI is a way off.

seafoid

To win an all Ireland Antrim would need the main clubs firing on all cylinders simultaneously during a period of Kilkenny weakness.
The GAA could perhaps experiment with a scheme to lend young players from the main counties to Antrim, Laois etc in order to speed up the process. 
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

imtommygunn

They did that but we are too far away from the big counties for that to work.(It wasn't necessarily young players)

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: groundlie on June 09, 2021, 11:53:43 AM
We don't need outside players we have the talent in our manager and players to win an all Ireland.

I've a feeling we will blow laois away on Sunday. We need to go for goal early and get stuck in from the start.

Laois looked decent against Kilkenny

imtommygunn

No easy games in this division but groundlie knows that lol.

Tormund

Laois have been getting the better of us the last few years, i know weve improved, they have a few injuries and we might change the team a bit since were safe, but it will likely be a tight game, hopefully we'll get the win

Tormund

Quote from: imtommygunn on June 09, 2021, 01:04:16 PM
No easy games in this division but groundlie knows that lol.
Lol

seafoid

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on June 09, 2021, 01:00:53 PM
Quote from: groundlie on June 09, 2021, 11:53:43 AM
We don't need outside players we have the talent in our manager and players to win an all Ireland.

I've a feeling we will blow laois away on Sunday. We need to go for goal early and get stuck in from the start.

Laois looked decent against Kilkenny
Laois don't seem to have kicked on from last year
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

north_antrim_hound

So what's Gleeson's approach to this, give some fringe players a run out for a look at them or try and finish third in table or possibly both. Laois had there best game so far v Kilkenny and will view this match as prep for championship in two weeks, they also have good players back from injury.
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

Milltown Row2

Personally I'd give Laois a game, I can't remember the last time we beat them or played them up in Antrim. Might as well keep the momentum going, if players are carrying knocks that's fine rest them, if players are coming back from injury then they need game time.

After that assessment I'd play my strongest side, some fringe players got a great run out against Down. After this game Antrim needs a challenge game or two against teams in the order group and for the fringe players maybe Offaly who seem to be getting their act together again.

Keeping the pace and intensity up is where we'll know where we are at
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

Laois have lost a few from last year. They always have good hurlers and tbh in all my years watching us I don't know if I've been to a game we have beat Laois in. (though I know we beat them a few years ago in a game I missed but I don't think it has been a regular occurence). They always seem to unearth one player who is outstanding and then the rest are very solid.

For me this is a big game. I see Clarke got player of the month. I am assuming if he was thought to be that good he wasn't dropped for the last game and was rested. We've had a lot of churn in forwards so it might be no bad thing to try and get what would be our best 6 on the field.