Donegal
27 (56.3%)
Armagh
21 (43.8%)

Total Members Voted: 48

Voting closed: April 27, 2024, 08:54:31 PM

Rossfan

Thay would make every game meaningful.
You'd have to win 2 games to get to the Quarter Finals.
Lose 2 and you're out.

Then knock out from the Quarters as usual (apart from the years of the "Super 8s" as the media wrongly called the Qtr Finals series)

Anyway back on topic wins for Tytone and Derry I presume??
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Tones

Dead rubbers every game with Dublin in Lenister is a dead rubber same with Kerry in Munster the games still go ahead. The league has dead rubbers all over it in the last week the games are still played, the issue is 16 teams with at least 5 not good enough to be there so why are we rewarding failure, oh yes more money for the GAA.

Armagh18

Quote from: Rossfan on April 20, 2024, 10:15:36 AMThay would make every game meaningful.
Lose 2 and you're out.

Then knock out from the Quarters as usual (apart from the years of the "Super 8s" as the media wrongly called the Qtr Finals series)

Yeah not a fan of group games, keep the league to the league imo.

Can't call either game tbh, depends which Tyrone shows up and in the other I don't think Derry are as far ahead as people think. That Donegal are a serious side. I'll go for Cavan and Donegal wins.

Tones

Can't see pass Tyrone, given the occasion Derry and Donegal will be tight for 50 minutes with Derry pulling away.

tonto1888

Quote from: Rossfan on April 20, 2024, 10:15:36 AMThay would make every game meaningful.
Lose 2 and you're out.

Yes

SouthOfThe Bann

I'm not sure about you men but I haven't been as excited about an Ulster championship game in a long time as I am about Donegal v Derry.

Sun is shining a packed house in Celtic Park what more could you want

Armagh18

Quote from: SouthOfThe Bann on April 20, 2024, 11:01:41 AMI'm not sure about you men but I haven't been as excited about an Ulster championship game in a long time as I am about Donegal v Derry.

Wonder will be be cagey and packed defense or will both teams go for it?

SouthOfThe Bann

Quote from: Armagh18 on April 20, 2024, 11:23:09 AM
Quote from: SouthOfThe Bann on April 20, 2024, 11:01:41 AMI'm not sure about you men but I haven't been as excited about an Ulster championship game in a long time as I am about Donegal v Derry.

Wonder will be be cagey and packed defense or will both teams go for it?

Hopefully not Donegal will need to bring something different.

I have the feeling Jim will have something up his sleeve but narrative around the place is that the games moved on too much to have anything different 😂

Will find out in a few hours time. Game might have came a round too early for Donegal considering their injuries but we'll see.

Would like to see both teams have a strong tilt at the all ireland no matter the result today.

Norm-Peterson

I notice the Irish News journalists keep referring to Donegal as 'Tir Conaill'. The funny thing about Celtic Park is that it was in Tir Conaill/County Donegal at the time of the plantations. It was also in the Cenel Eoghain before that but the Cenel Conaill eventually won Inishowen in battle.
County Derry was formed when Derry (city) and South Derry (North East Tyrone) was added to County Coleraine (North Derry).

SouthOfThe Bann

Quote from: Norm-Peterson on April 20, 2024, 12:38:36 PMI notice the Irish News journalists keep referring to Donegal as 'Tir Conaill'. The funny thing about Celtic Park is that it was in Tir Conaill/County Donegal at the time of the plantations. It was also in the Cenel Eoghain before that but the Cenel Conaill eventually won Inishowen in battle.
County Derry was formed when Derry (city) and South Derry (North East Tyrone) was added to County Coleraine (North Derry).

Interesting. Have you sent links to this info?

Also why when driving through the north does it not let you know when crossing county boundaries. What's this Derry strabane Omagh fermanagh stuff.

Excuse my ignorance.

Rossfan

Council areas.
Counties don't exist as local government areas in the 6.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Armagh18

Feels like too many writing Donegal off. Be closer than a lot think

SouthOfThe Bann

Not sure if there's a Munster championship thread.

But alot to like about this Cork side.

They might be well bet yet considering how brave they are.

But serious potential in this side.

Armagh18

Clifford getting frees just because he's Clifford.

SouthOfThe Bann

Quote from: Armagh18 on April 20, 2024, 04:37:09 PMClifford getting frees just because he's Clifford.

Yeah that last one was a free out.

He had a nightmare first 20.

Could change quick though