Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

trailer

Part III never made sense. But part I and part II were masterpieces. Part II probably one of the greatest movies of all time.

Milltown Row2

GF 3 only was made to tie the first two films up, it had nothing on the others
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Rudi

Molly's Game on Netflix,  the true story of Molly Bloom who ran Poker Games for celebrities is well worth a watch. Interesting psychology behind her decision process. She featured on the Tommy Tiernan show in January 2020, very interesting character. From the beautiful state of Colorado too.

Windmill abu

seeing as the Olympic diving is currently on. Jason Staham's latest offering is Wrath of man. It has little or no plot. You won't find any Oscar winning performances. But it's pretty good as a shoot'em up.
Never underestimate the power of complaining

imtommygunn

I like Statham movies. They are obviously rubbish but watchable rubbish you can switch your brain off and laugh at.

tbrick18

Latest Suicide Squad movie....great fun. Much better than the first one.
No Oscar winning performances but a great bit of silliness and gore.

laoislad

Quote from: imtommygunn on August 04, 2021, 08:54:50 AM
I like Statham movies. They are obviously rubbish but watchable rubbish you can switch your brain off and laugh at.
I feel the same thing about watching Everton  ;) ;D
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

imtommygunn

93-DY-SAM

Quote from: imtommygunn on August 04, 2021, 08:54:50 AM

Same here. And there is nothing wrong with that. Not everything has to be intellectually challenging.

mrdeeds

Watched The Mule on Netflix.  Thought it was excellent and a bit mad that it's a true story.

nrico2006

Thought Wrath of Man was very good.  Put it like this, Tenet had all this hype as if it were some master piece while Wrath of Man didn't.  Wrath of Man was a far better film.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

lurganblue

Enjoyed the new marvel one. Legend of the 10 rings. The usual stuff but still, class...

RedHand88

Quote from: lurganblue on September 06, 2021, 09:14:56 PM
Enjoyed the new marvel one. Legend of the 10 rings. The usual stuff but still, class...

I went in without any expectations as its yet another Marvel movie but its actually really enjoyable.

Man Marker

Quote from: nrico2006 on August 04, 2021, 12:42:12 PM
Thought Wrath of Man was very good.  Put it like this, Tenet had all this hype as if it were some master piece while Wrath of Man didn't.  Wrath of Man was a far better film.

Excellent movie, went to see it at the cinema at the time. Gran Torino, in the same vein, both movies built for Eastwood. Both class.

J70

Quote from: Windmill abu on August 03, 2021, 10:57:06 PM
seeing as the Olympic diving is currently on. Jason Staham's latest offering is Wrath of man. It has little or no plot. You won't find any Oscar winning performances. But it's pretty good as a shoot'em up.

Probably mentioned already, but in a similar vein, Bob Odenkirk's film Nobody is great fun.

Anonymous, put-upon middle-aged dude, taken seriously by no one, fed up with his life, who just happens to have a former career as an elite, ultra-deadly assassin.

Totally ridiculous and over-the-top, but very enjoyable.