China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rich Ricci

All the clowns whinging about spreading COVID need to take a week off but honestly I don't understand how anybody could be bothered to stand in a queue that length just to get some knickers and socks. One look at it and you would be turning straight around.

lurganblue

Must have nothing better to be at. 

Rossfan

Quote from: imtommygunn on April 30, 2021, 11:02:41 AM
Ah your good old nordie bashing again. It'd never happen anywhere else that kind of thing.
Ah the good oul chip on the shoulder syndrome again ;D
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Rossfan on April 30, 2021, 11:41:52 AM
Ah your good old nordie bashing again. It'd never happen anywhere else that kind of thing.

I miss your figures on covid
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

themac_23

Quote from: lurganblue on April 30, 2021, 11:24:36 AM

exactly, if people have nothing else to do and decide they want to stand in a queue then thats up to them I dont really think its something to get annoyed about. Equally, id say there's a lot of people in that queue who need new clothes for kids who are growing and possibly need lighter summer clothes and maybe dont have the luxury to be able to buy more expensive stuff online. I know my wee boy is going through clothes at a crazy rate at the minute and its hard to keep up, if families need to go and get reasonably priced clothes and are prepared to queue for ages then fair play to them.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: themac_23 on April 30, 2021, 12:22:31 PM

exactly, if people have nothing else to do and decide they want to stand in a queue then thats up to them I dont really think its something to get annoyed about. Equally, id say there's a lot of people in that queue who need new clothes for kids who are growing and possibly need lighter summer clothes and maybe dont have the luxury to be able to buy more expensive stuff online. I know my wee boy is going through clothes at a crazy rate at the minute and its hard to keep up, if families need to go and get reasonably priced clothes and are prepared to queue for ages then fair play to them.

Apparently Primark was open at 5 this morning in Belfast! In fairness today the weather is good and the town looks like its lived in now!

Hopefully it will bring back more and more business's that closed or stalled during the last period of lockdown.

I'm moving out of it soon, will miss the handiness of the town for work and the bars just when they are opening again!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Armagh18

Quote from: Rossfan on April 30, 2021, 11:00:39 AM
Lot of silly people up North  ::)

https://www.rte.ie/news/coronavirus/2021/0430/1212957-ni-covid-19/
Yeah none of those people have travelled up from the South... and there definitely won't be the same scenes from Dundalk to Cork if Tweedledum and Tweedledee ever let shops open again.

themac_23

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 30, 2021, 12:28:25 PM

Apparently Primark was open at 5 this morning in Belfast! In fairness today the weather is good and the town looks like its lived in now!

Hopefully it will bring back more and more business's that closed or stalled during the last period of lockdown.

I'm moving out of it soon, will miss the handiness of the town for work and the bars just when they are opening again!

Yeah, thats a day you could get side tracked into one of the beer gardens walking past alright! great to see bit of life about the place again!

Louther

Those scenes will be repeated down here on 17th May, an absolute banker.

What's is good is that there is queues and shows that stores are managing the situation and you hope they continue to do so. Will take a few weeks for it to settle.

Good to see people and hope they all respectful of each other and these past lockdowns are behind us.

ROI opening on 17th might help ease the rush North for some.

Rudi

+1, not everyone can or can be bothered shopping on line. Can't understand why Tesco can't sell socks jocks etc, but other supermarkets can. The likes of penneys should never have had to shut in the first place, provided they were meeting the same criteria as food supermarkets in terms of covid protocols.

imtommygunn

You're mustard for it. Nothing to do with chips on shoulder :D

trailer

You can be guaranteed them queues are full of people from Lurgan.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 30, 2021, 12:09:32 PM

Remember the old ones....'if we had those figures nothing would be open....'.

Time flies.

trueblue1234

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on April 30, 2021, 01:17:28 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 30, 2021, 12:09:32 PM

Remember the old ones....'if we had those figures nothing would be open....'.

Time flies.
Or the auld " the north has x number of cases. That's the equivalent of y in the south". Bit selective on when he posted those sort of posts tho!!  ;D
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

lurganblue

Quote from: trailer on April 30, 2021, 12:46:25 PM

You can be guaranteed them queues are full of people from Lurgan.

When is Rushmere gonna get a Primark and ease our travel issues  ;D