China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Armagh18

Quote from: Hound on May 10, 2021, 12:30:58 PM
Quote from: Cunny Funt on May 09, 2021, 05:36:09 PM
Weekly update for the ROI. Good progress made as we ease more restrictions from tomorrow.

Cases 3003 (221 fewer than last week) 
Reported Deaths 24 (12 fewer than last week)

In hospital 116 (11 fewer than a week ago)
In ICU 31 (10 fewer than last Sunday)

This is good news. Hopefully there'll be under 100 people in hospital by next week. Vaccine rollout is much improved after a poor start, and vaccine take-up by the general population who've been offered it so far has been very good. 

While there'll obviously be differences over certain things, it is good that politicians on all sides have the same general message they are giving to people:
- We're nearly there, but we're not over the line so we still need to take care and act responsibly
- Get the vaccine when you're offered it

I think we're well on course for pubs and restaurants to be fully open by end of June
In the South? Be lucky to have outdoors opened by then by the sound of the clowns.

trueblue1234

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on May 10, 2021, 12:19:33 PM
Quote from: trueblue1234 on May 10, 2021, 11:37:22 AM
Quote from: GetOverTheBar on May 10, 2021, 09:57:56 AM
I get the feeling some people here want the spike so they can claim a victory.....

It's going well. Hoping this is really it.

Serious amount of Southern Reg cars in my part of the world this weekend.....bold.

I'm confused by what you mean? Do you think there's people about who thought we should be staying in lockdown forever?

My point was about this thread really - in an effort to throw it back at others. Not about general, real life.

Regarding real life....I think a tiny minority would be happy enough with the furlough life....it mustn't be bad. But the vast majority of people long for the good old days.
But is there anyone on this thread that is in favour of on going lockdowns irrespective of the numbers? I'm not aware of any.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Rossfan

Outdoor dining/drink from 7th June in the 26.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

trailer

Things appear to be heading in the right direction. Hopefully normality by late summer. Vaccine passports will become the norm. As numbers remain low their is no excuse not to reopen things.

Rudi

Quote from: Rossfan on May 10, 2021, 12:56:08 PM

I have seen some outdoor smoking areas that aren't really outdoor. Roof, closed at 3 ends. Kind of like a buliding with  double door removed. No doubt some money hungry clowns will believe this constitutes an open space. Wonder if the health department have defined parameters for what constitutes an out door area.

Hound

Exactly.
Don't think it's published yet, but I have heard the plan for indoors is June 28. This assumes everything stays on track.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Rudi on May 10, 2021, 01:14:59 PM

I have seen some outdoor smoking areas that aren't really outdoor. Roof, closed at 3 ends. Kind of like a buliding with  double door removed. No doubt some money hungry clowns will believe this constitutes an open space. Wonder if the health department have defined parameters for what constitutes an out door area.

Lots of bars that did 'some work' were refused opening in the North as it didnt meet requirements, so I'd imagine there are some points that have to be met for it to be 'safe'
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 10, 2021, 01:35:20 PM

Lots of bars that did 'some work' were refused opening in the North as it didnt meet requirements, so I'd imagine there are some points that have to be met for it to be 'safe'

Met a fella coming out of a bar there on Sunday evening, half cut in great tune but for a non smoker he was absolutely stinking of it.

Wouldn't be my cup of tea to sit and have 2nd hand smoke about me all day. I'm happy enough to wait until normal indoors returns.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on May 10, 2021, 01:48:59 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 10, 2021, 01:35:20 PM

Met a fella coming out of a bar there on Sunday evening, half cut in great tune but for a non smoker he was absolutely stinking of it.

Wouldn't be my cup of tea to sit and have 2nd hand smoke about me all day. I'm happy enough to wait until normal indoors returns.

Yeah no rush for me, though I may start booking a few places to eat as I'd imagine they will be booked out for the first weekend
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Armagh18

No deaths today in Ireland or Britain according to Joe.ie. Feck thats some going.

Evil Genius

Quote from: Armagh18 on May 10, 2021, 06:07:51 PM
No deaths today in Ireland or Britain according to Joe.ie. Feck thats some going.
Actually there were 4 deaths reported in Wales today, though none in England, Scotland or NI:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-57055340

Which is probably just an anomaly, since Wales' overall virus figures have been just about the best in the UK recently.
"If you come in here again, you'd better bring guns"
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

armaghniac

Quote from: Armagh18 on May 10, 2021, 06:07:51 PM

That's a Monday thing.
But that said, these vaccines will mean that few people in future will die from Covid, other perhaps than those with a very short life expectancy.
Science works!
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

highorlow

Under 400 "cases" in Ireland again today.

Healthy 16 to 50 year olds are yet to be vaccinated. Full construction now open two weeks. Barber shops open today, super spreader marquee weddings, click and collect opening, inter county GAA back, golf back, training back outdoors, all superspreader things that were under enforced closure to "follow the science" are back, apart from pubs and restaurants. If the science is correct we are definitely in for a surge of "cases" in a week or so with the "R" number hitting 2 to 2.5 as the unvaccinated are the main cohort of "super" spreaders to start with.
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

armaghniac

Quote from: highorlow on May 11, 2021, 12:15:51 AM
Under 400 "cases" in Ireland again today.

Healthy 16 to 50 year olds are yet to be vaccinated. Full construction now open two weeks. Barber shops open today, super spreader marquee weddings, click and collect opening, inter county GAA back, golf back, training back outdoors, all superspreader things that were under enforced closure to "follow the science" are back, apart from pubs and restaurants. If the science is correct we are definitely in for a surge of "cases" in a week or so with the "R" number hitting 2 to 2.5 as the unvaccinated are the main cohort of "super" spreaders to start with.

Super spreader marquee weddings are not that common, universities are finishing up, and pubs remain closed and they are a huge problem.
There may be some increase in cases for a while, but they are doing 250,000 vaccines a week, by the end of month half the adults will have had some sort of vaccine and that will cut the R rate.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

highorlow

Quoteby the end of month half the adults will have had some sort of vaccine and that will cut the R rate.
:)

https://mobile.twitter.com/TodayFM/status/1389840535075102721
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go