Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skeog

Spot on its hard to be sitting in the stand knowing like Benny chances of a game are remote.

Under Lights

I know that this doesn't count for the case of Benny but there was a rumour a few weeks back that any player not involved in match day 26 would be released back to the club for the Friday night game. Doesn't seem to have happened in Tyrone.

Smurfy123

Lads what way is the Friday night matches going down?
I know it's new in Tyrone.
Better or prefer Sunday?

LeoMc

Quote from: GlenMan on June 05, 2021, 01:23:06 PM
Quote from: Fuzzman on June 05, 2021, 01:04:54 PM
Any truth that Benny Gallen has left the squad now too?

Yes - he played for Aghyaran last night.

Errigal keeper McAnenley called up to replace him for now.

He wouldn't be getting called up only for where he is from.

TwoUpTwoDown

Mickey has always had a soft spot for the Errigal lads

GlenMan

Quote from: LeoMc on June 05, 2021, 11:35:36 PM
Quote from: GlenMan on June 05, 2021, 01:23:06 PM
Quote from: Fuzzman on June 05, 2021, 01:04:54 PM
Any truth that Benny Gallen has left the squad now too?

Yes - he played for Aghyaran last night.

Errigal keeper McAnenley called up to replace him for now.

He wouldn't be getting called up only for where he is from.

No doubt he's not first choice but none of the better Keepers will give up Club football at this point in the season just to sit on the bench!

Goals_Will_Come

Quote from: Smurfy123 on June 05, 2021, 09:01:47 PM
Lads what way is the Friday night matches going down?
I know it's new in Tyrone.
Better or prefer Sunday?
Tight going on the reserve player travelling for 6:45 but generally a success. Players much much happier with the format.

skeog

Darragh Mc Anenly is a good keeper has nothing to do what club he is from.He should be praised for joining the panel midway through the season.

Redhand Santa

Quote from: skeog on June 06, 2021, 01:06:36 PM
Darragh Mc Anenly is a good keeper has nothing to do what club he is from.He should be praised for joining the panel midway through the season.

I don't think anyone was criticising him. The point was that if Harte had called him up the usual suspects on the board would have described it as Harte bias to Errigal.

Similarly if the Clonoe lads walked away with Harte as manager it would have been billed as bias against East Tyrone players.

A rule has to be brought in around these starred fixtures if you want to keep a strong panel in the future. Clonoe are benefiting from being treated as having 3 county players in the fixtures (by playing the other teams with most county players) but have 0. Other club players who are fringe on the panel will be under the pressure to pull out. There should be a cut off point that if players pull out after then they still can't play the starred games.

tiempo

Players who haven't played at least a game and a half in minutes of Tyrones first 3 games should be free to play club. Where is McShane better to hone the shooting, competitive club game or county training? It's really unfair on bench/fringe County players to get no football. Few Omagh lads as an example but I'm sure it can be compared with other clubs too

Meyler, 3 County games
Grugan, 2 club games
O'Neill, no games in either

For what everyone has gone through over covid it's an absolute disgrace lads are being actively prevented from playing yet are expected to maintain a monk like existence to bulk out a county matchday squad and training sessions

Redhand Santa

Quote from: tiempo on June 07, 2021, 10:48:47 AM
Players who haven't played at least a game and a half in minutes of Tyrones first 3 games should be free to play club. Where is McShane better to hone the shooting, competitive club game or county training? It's really unfair on bench/fringe County players to get no football. Few Omagh lads as an example but I'm sure it can be compared with other clubs too

Meyler, 3 County games
Grugan, 2 club games
O'Neill, no games in either

For what everyone has gone through over covid it's an absolute disgrace lads are being actively prevented from playing yet are expected to maintain a monk like existence to bulk out a county matchday squad and training sessions

If Harte was the manager there would be a lot of complaints about this. All county players could have played on Friday night - it's only a league game next week at the end of the day. Anyone not in the 26 should be playing next week (even though it's hard to plan starred games around that - better than players playing nothing though). There is no reason the players couldn't then play for their clubs on the 18th and 25th June - last year under Harte they would have been allowed to as it was outside 13 days before a championship game. People always complained he didn't let players play but they are being wrapped up far more this year.

tiempo

Fast forward 3 or 4 months and into the business end of the club season. You could have county subs/fringe squad players with 3 or 4 games played in 4 months at club level going in against lads with 10-12 games behind them in the same spell. I'm sure there's plenty of lads outside the county panel itching to get a crack at the county men to show they're at the level and worth consideration for county, but it's a bit harsh on those subs to sit there only training and then expect them to deliver anything for club or county going in against lads with game time under their belt at both levels. The life of a fringe County player is worse than reserve players at this stage, second class citizens in the same respect

southtyronegael

I see Tyrone are 3/1 shots this weekend. Could be a nice price if Kerry don't go full pelt.

trailer

Quote from: tiempo on June 07, 2021, 02:56:17 PM
Fast forward 3 or 4 months and into the business end of the club season. You could have county subs/fringe squad players with 3 or 4 games played in 4 months at club level going in against lads with 10-12 games behind them in the same spell. I'm sure there's plenty of lads outside the county panel itching to get a crack at the county men to show they're at the level and worth consideration for county, but it's a bit harsh on those subs to sit there only training and then expect them to deliver anything for club or county going in against lads with game time under their belt at both levels. The life of a fringe County player is worse than reserve players at this stage, second class citizens in the same respect

I think it has been clear from the outset. County panel don't play in starred games. It's shite if you have county players but that's the way it is. Some hybrid fringe subs nonsense won't work and will only lead to more upset.

tiempo

Quote from: trailer on June 09, 2021, 09:16:37 AM
Quote from: tiempo on June 07, 2021, 02:56:17 PM

I think it has been clear from the outset. County panel don't play in starred games. It's shite if you have county players but that's the way it is. Some hybrid fringe subs nonsense won't work and will only lead to more upset.

Upshot, at least the meat suits know where they stand.

Out: football
In: protein shakes and star handpass drill