Not Sure
11 (19%)
Neither
9 (15.5%)

Total Members Voted: 58

Billys Boots

Quote from: stew on August 20, 2009, 05:28:41 PM
Quote from: Sandino on August 20, 2009, 03:19:23 PM
I will not try and guess the outcome of these tests but I feel that the way the IAAF have handled this is disgusting. There is a human being waiting on the outcome of these tests. A life will be changed for ever, maybe ruined. So for some idiot to have put this in the public domain before it has been proven either way is awful. As others have said drug cheats dont be named until after the second sample is tested. If this runner had been from a a western sporting power I doubt if this would have happened. An Indian runner failed such a test recently, the fall out has resulted in her trying to end her own life on more than one occasion. I think the IAAF should hang their heads in shame.

100% agree with this.

Ditto Stew, can you imagine this happening to an American, Australian or Brit?
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

muppet

Quote from: Sandino on August 20, 2009, 03:19:23 PM
I will not try and guess the outcome of these tests but I feel that the way the IAAF have handled this is disgusting. There is a human being waiting on the outcome of these tests. A life will be changed for ever, maybe ruined. So for some idiot to have put this in the public domain before it has been proven either way is awful. As others have said drug cheats dont be named until after the second sample is tested. If this runner had been from a a western sporting power I doubt if this would have happened. An Indian runner failed such a test recently, the fall out has resulted in her trying to end her own life on more than one occasion. I think the IAAF should hang their heads in shame.

Agree with this.

There was a professor on the radio yesterday saying that gender testing (other than the basic man/woman aspect) had been dropped since 1999 as tests had shown that hermaphradites and other chromosome irregularities were not advantageous to the women involved. .i.e. it did not make them faster, stronger etc.
MWWSI 2017

longrunsthefox

Heard her on the radio this morning... she sounded like Ronnie Drew... 

SidelineKick

"If you want to box, say you want to box and we'll box"

Reported.

Declan

Tests have revealed Caster Semenya's testosterone level to be three times higher than those normally expected in a female sample, BBC Sport understands.

Analysis prior to the World Athletics Championships coupled with her rapid improvement prompted calls for a gender test from the sport's governing body.

News of the test was made public just hours before the 18-year-old South African won 800m gold in Berlin.

A high level of testosterone does not always equate to a failed drugs test.

orangeman

Is there any such thing as being neither a man or a woman ?

full back

Dont think there is an opposite to hermaphrodite (having male & female organs)

I suppose being an hermaphrodite is technically neither a man or a woman

full back

Quote from: dec on September 10, 2009, 06:33:26 PM
Well the results seem to have leaked out.

http://news.google.com/news/search?um=1&ned=us&hl=en&q=Semenya&cf=all&scoring=n

Jaysus
Looks like she is an hermaphrodite

Looks like the ASA have well & truely fcuked up someones life :-\

pintsofguinness

Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

muppet

Quote from: dec on September 10, 2009, 06:33:26 PM
Well the results seem to have leaked out.

http://news.google.com/news/search?um=1&ned=us&hl=en&q=Semenya&cf=all&scoring=n

Jesus, what a way to find out you are different, with the whole world watching thanks to the IAAF not to mention a media that has no cop on whatsoever.
MWWSI 2017

Galwaybhoy

Its sickening the way this has played out.  As for the media having no cop on, they don't give a damn about anyones lives, when it comes to them its all about the money.  I feel sorry for her and what she has had to go through.

ziggysego

I agree Galwaybhoy, the media are a law onto themselves and they don't care who the hurt along the way to increasing their sales. Disgraceful.
Testing Accessibility

full back

Hard to blame the media here

Everyone knows what they are like

Its the IAAF or whoever they are that are entirely to blame

Sandino

Wow this is so sad a human beings life is being ruined in the full glare of the media. Imagine if someone posted your medical records in the public domain, STI's and all. I fear this will have a very sad ending all round. Perhaps the South Africans now need to look at their role in this. Perhaps they never thought it would come to this and that Caster would just win a Gold medal and bring glory to their country. Just so feckin sad!
"You can go proudly. You are history. You are legend''