New York Honeymoon

Started by Dinny Breen, July 22, 2009, 06:33:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sammymaguire

highly recommend Ramsey's at The London Hotel for a nice bit of grub
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

ludermor

Im just back from New York and must say Manhatten is some spot for the beer. We ended up a couple of nights in an Irish Bar on 3rd Ave that was showing the GAA, owed by an ex Meath footballer (apparently, it was him that told us) called McCormacks. The place barely closed at all and we were there till 9 one morning. A few of the guys we met there watch the GAA in a bar called Caseys, not sure where it was but they reckoned it was a better atmosphere than McCormacks.

sammymaguire

Quote from: ludermor on July 22, 2009, 11:01:36 PM
Im just back from New York and must say Manhatten is some spot for the beer. We ended up a couple of nights in an Irish Bar on 3rd Ave that was showing the GAA, owed by an ex Meath footballer (apparently, it was him that told us) called McCormacks. The place barely closed at all and we were there till 9 one morning. A few of the guys we met there watch the GAA in a bar called Caseys, not sure where it was but they reckoned it was a better atmosphere than McCormacks.

McCormacks sounds like a great spot to enjoy your honeymoon!
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

ludermor

I thought he would be interested in watching some of the games if he was there.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Dinny Breen on July 22, 2009, 08:06:54 PM
QuoteComhgairdeas Dinny....great choice for a honeymoon...best city in the world. Where are you staying?

The Waldorf Astoria, cheaper than Heganboy
make sure you have lunch in their 'Bull and Bear' bar.

Get to a baseball game, yankees or mets

gerrykeegan

Congrats dinny, I'll do your spreads for you when you are away!
2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)

sammymaguire

Quote from: ludermor on July 23, 2009, 08:50:55 AM
I thought he would be interested in watching some of the games if he was there.

don't take it to heart ludermor, I was only making the comment in jest, it would probably be great craic and there would be some good memories from there but when the GAA is on live, its a.m. all the way in Manhattan so might only be suited to the hardcore drinkers

Rainbow Room on top of the Rockafeller is another top restaurant (but pricey)
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Dinny Breen

QuoteCongrats dinny, I'll do your spreads for you when you are away!

Last week been the exception the burnden of favourite has weighed heavily on my shoulders you definitely can't do any worse....

Quotedon't take it to heart ludermor, I was only making the comment in jest, it would probably be great craic and there would be some good memories from there but when the GAA is on live, its a.m. all the way in Manhattan so might only be suited to the hardcore drinkers

She'll be going on her own so......
She's a sports fan too so will check if the yankees are playing that week...

#newbridgeornowhere

nifan

Good man dinny.

Since other people are recommending flash restaurants ill continue: River Cafe in brooklyn.
Its just by the bridge and looks across at a great view of manhattan. Pricey again.

Theres loads of great places to eat that are wayyyy cheaper and have a lot more variety - always like to mix up the food when im here - Mexican, Venezuelan, Korean.

dec

Mets tickets are probably easier to get.

Yankees schedule (home games)

Thu, Aug/6 Red Sox 7:05p
Fri, Aug/7 Red Sox 7:05p
Sat, Aug/8 Red Sox 4:10p
Sun, Aug/9 Red Sox 1:05p
Mon, Aug/10 Blue Jays 7:05p
Tue, Aug/11 Blue Jays 7:05p
Wed, Aug/12 Blue Jays 1:05p

Mets home games

Mon, Jul/27 Rockies 7:10p
Tue, Jul/28 Rockies 7:10p
Wed, Jul/29 Rockies 7:10p
Thu, Jul/30 Rockies 12:10p
Fri, Jul/31 Diamondbacks 7:10p
August
Sat, Aug/1 Diamondbacks 7:10p
Sun, Aug/2 Diamondbacks 1:10p
Mon Aug/3 Diamondbacks7:10p
Tue, Aug/4 Cardinals 7:10p
Wed, Aug/5 Cardinals 12:10p

5 Sams

Quote from: nifan on July 23, 2009, 04:21:16 PM
Good man dinny.

Since other people are recommending flash restaurants ill continue: River Cafe in brooklyn.
Its just by the bridge and looks across at a great view of manhattan. Pricey again.

Theres loads of great places to eat that are wayyyy cheaper and have a lot more variety - always like to mix up the food when im here - Mexican, Venezuelan, Korean.

On the subject of pricey restaurants.

The Carnegie Deli....

Make sure you're hungry and not easily offended as they have the archetypal rude NYC waiters...

It's not flashy but's its a real experience....enormous sandwiches....

On 7th Ave across from the Wellington Hotel
The Aristocrat Years

The Iceman

don't be coming the whole way to NYC to sit in an Irish bar
Show your woman a good time take her on the sights and give her an experience of american culture - typical chain diners like Johnny Rockets are worth a visit, Applebees, TGI fridays etc.
Cruise of Manhattan at night time is great - there are good deals available
Horse drawn carriage in central park for the spin
Limo to a nice restaurant some night - treat her well

I can't do any more for you

Good luck with the marriage - as said before its the best thing you'll ever do
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

deiseach

Quote from: The Iceman on July 23, 2009, 06:15:46 PM
Show your woman a good time take her on the sights and give her an experience of american culture - typical chain diners like Johnny Rockets are worth a visit, Applebees, TGI fridays etc.

If I ever went to New York I'd spend all my time checking out That Dumpster Where They Fished Out That Body In That Episode Of Law And Order. If New York is half what I'm expecting, you'd never run out of things to see and do

5 Sams

Quote from: deiseach on July 23, 2009, 06:42:00 PM
Quote from: The Iceman on July 23, 2009, 06:15:46 PM

If I ever went to New York I'd spend all my time checking out That Dumpster Where They Fished Out That Body In That Episode Of Law And Order. If New York is half what I'm expecting, you'd never run out of things to see and do

Multiply your expectations by 1000 and you'll be nowhere near what you'll experience....like no other place in the world.
The Aristocrat Years

deiseach

Quote from: 5 Sams on July 23, 2009, 07:46:46 PM
Multiply your expectations by 1000 and you'll be nowhere near what you'll experience....like no other place in the world.

*sob* Stop taunting me!