The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lenny

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on November 16, 2022, 09:27:34 PM
Quote from: RedHand88 on November 16, 2022, 09:16:04 PM
Quote from: J70 on November 16, 2022, 07:29:49 PM
NY Post front page today ( check bottom)

;D

https://nypost.com/cover/november-16-2022/

Murdoch isn't messing around.

Lol flip me they really aren't giving him any oxygen this time are they?

Has he the money to run as an independant? Actually that's a stupid question...

I hope to God he runs as an independent.

Please God, if a decent republican ran he would lose all those looney, conspiracy theory nut case voters to an independent trump. That'd split the hard right vote in two and leave an easy run for a Democrat.

Jell 0 Biafra

;D

More pointedly: can he bilk more money out of his base on the basis of him running, that he will then keep for himself?

J70

Quote from: Jell 0 Biafra on November 17, 2022, 01:59:43 AM

;D

More pointedly: can he bilk more money out of his base on the basis of him running, that he will then keep for himself?

US political funding is so fucked up I'm sure he probably could. Sure charge his campaign 500% over cost for the use of Mara Lago and his plane and so on, and he can funnel any amount of rube money into his own pockets.

Sure he and his sprogs fleeced the tax payer, even charging exorbitant fees to the Secret Service for rooms in their properties for the presidential party details.

whitey

Quote from: J70 on November 17, 2022, 02:53:50 PM

;D

US political funding is so fucked up I'm sure he probably could. Sure charge his campaign 500% over cost for the use of Mara Lago and his plane and so on, and he can funnel any amount of rube money into his own pockets.

Sure he and his sprogs fleeced the tax payer, even charging exorbitant fees to the Secret Service for rooms in their properties for the presidential party details.

The best ever was paying Kimberley Guilfoyle $60K for a (<) 3 minute speech

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2022/06/13/politics/kimberly-guilfoyle-paid-60000-speaking-fee-ellipse-january-6/index.html

Gmac

;D

ftx ceo con man donated 40m over last election cycle to democrats and was and they had him as a consultant about crypto currency policy ,only to be out done by the great Hungarian George Soros with 128m

J70

Quote from: Gmac on November 17, 2022, 04:00:46 PM

;D

ftx ceo con man donated 40m over last election cycle to democrats and was and they had him as a consultant about crypto currency policy ,only to be out done by the great Hungarian George Soros with 128m

Like I said, US political funding is completely fucked up.

Whether its the purchase of influence, and indeed, politicians themselves, by people with deep pockets, the use of fund raising as a personal piggy bank, or simply raising campaign funds through misleading people.

Ted Cruz raised a fortune two years ago for the Georgia senate seat run-offs ("Keep Georgia Red"). Do you how much of the funds went into those races?

Zero.

J70

Quote from: whitey on November 17, 2022, 03:59:30 PM

;D

The best ever was paying Kimberley Guilfoyle $60K for a (<) 3 minute speech

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2022/06/13/politics/kimberly-guilfoyle-paid-60000-speaking-fee-ellipse-january-6/index.html

The place I work has a lot of people who barely or don't even make that over a year.

I'm sure it was a fine speech though!

whitey

;D

Can you imagine if the Republicans had a crypto savant pull a stroke like that

The Democrats would have jumped into a river at this point with outrage

J70

Quote from: whitey on November 17, 2022, 05:08:51 PM

;D

And the millions one of his execs, Salame, gave to GOP candidates?

whitey

Quote from: J70 on November 17, 2022, 05:40:23 PM
Quote from: whitey on November 17, 2022, 05:08:51 PM

;D

And the millions one of his execs, Salame, gave to GOP candidates?

Didn't even know about that.

That puts a different complexion on what went down

(Edit-the person who was telling me about it claimed that the Democrats were giving money to the Ukrainians, who in turn were buying crypto from FTX, who in turn were then donating that money to the Democrats. I told them that was a wild conspiracy theory)

Gmac

On another subject it is a joke that votes are still being counted in a super rich western democracy

HiMucker

Yeah if only there was some sort of machine that made voting easier, and counting votes easier, it would be widely welcomed by Democrats and conservatives alike

Gmac

The twitter revelations show how corrupt the dnc are and everything has to be on the table and openly investigated including election fraud , the Biden criminal cartel and how compromised they are , audit of every dime sent to Ukraine, basically a criminal regime is in charge of the country.

dec

Quote from: Gmac on December 03, 2022, 06:26:51 PM
The twitter revelations show how corrupt the dnc are and everything has to be on the table and openly investigated including election fraud , the Biden criminal cartel and how compromised they are , audit of every dime sent to Ukraine, basically a criminal regime is in charge of the country.

The January 6th committee has been investigating the attempt by Trump and the Republicans to steal the 2020 presidential election. In Georgia there is an investigation into the Republican's attempt to appoint fake electors.