Will you get a Covid vaccine if one becomes available in 2021?

Started by Angelo, October 22, 2020, 10:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Will you get a Covid vaccine if one becomes available in 2021?

Yes
122 (71.8%)
No
48 (28.2%)

Total Members Voted: 170

thebigfella

Quote from: Angelo on November 16, 2020, 04:50:58 PM
Quote from: LCohen on November 16, 2020, 04:23:55 PM
Quote from: Angelo on November 16, 2020, 04:15:43 PM
Quote from: LCohen on November 16, 2020, 03:37:18 PM
Quote from: Angelo on November 16, 2020, 03:30:52 PM
Quote from: LCohen on November 16, 2020, 03:14:24 PM

Offering facts??

Ok. You claim that a vaccine is being rushed through. So list the factual things that should have happened by not with this vaccine that have not factually happened?

You're conflating things as usual.

The vaccine has been rushed through - fact
It is unprecedented to have a vaccine in this timeframe - fact
Pfizer CEO did have personal gains in getting the vaccine approved to market - fact
The optics of which are not good - fact

And that's why I've arrived at my position, if you want to ignore that then fire ahead.

Conflating nothing. I am getting you the opportunity to set out any defects in the process. Are you aware of any defects in the process. The answer to that is Yes or No. I would be grateful if you would answer it

You're framing an argument I'm not having and I think your motivation for such is bizarre

I don't know whether there are defects or whether there are not.

I would have genuine worries about the potential of side effects and defects from the virus due to the facts outlined above.

You say you have worries due to it being rushed. My question is - is it being rushed? What has not been done than is giving rise to your worries? The answers lie with you. Please illuminate

I've already answered that.

Of course it's been rushed, it's unprecedented to ever have a vaccine in this length of time, that's a fact. The answer was already there for you is you bothered to look.

It's being prioritised, there is a difference between that and bypassing process

Franko

Quote from: Angelo on November 16, 2020, 04:53:54 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on November 16, 2020, 04:24:30 PM

Which required bits of the process are left out?

QuoteIt is unprecedented to have a vaccine in this timeframe - fact

Necessity is the mother of invention.

QuotePfizer CEO did have personal gains in getting the vaccine approved to market - fact

Probably everyone who works for Pfizer benefits from this. They have created something of real value to the world and fair play to them.

QuoteThe optics of which are not good - fact

The optics of this are fine, it is the distortions people are applying because of their own limitations that create problems.

QuoteAnd that's why I've arrived at my position, if you want to ignore that then fire ahead.

We will. The point is though that the likes of you cannot be allow continue to around spreading Covid because you want to be "different".

I haven't got Covid because I follow all the guidelines I'm required to. I don't want to be different, I just value my health first and foremost and I don't want to jeopardise my health by having my body injected with something that could have serious consequences because it makes you feel at ease.

The optics of it are not fine. Billion dollar pharma exec becomes enriched as vaccine gets rushed through, the optics of it are terrible. Optics are how things look and that's how it looks.

Optics are for Sun readers.

Nobody with a functioning frontal lobe would base a decision on the optics of anything.

Maybe this is the problem.

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Angelo

Quote from: Franko on November 16, 2020, 05:22:27 PM

Nobody with a functioning frontal lobe would base a decision on the optics of anything.

Not true, optics are for integrity, they are an ethical issue.

So when you compare an ethical an issue with The Sun in one sentence then I think we can assess the lack of intelligence in your point.

Billion dollar pharma has had plenty of disgraces in the past. The very company whose CEO benefits with that bonus from the vaccine making it to market had to settle a lawsuit for $2bn in recent years. Do I trust the ethical values of Pfizer? I do in my hoop.

GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Milltown Row2

I don't see the problem here, Angelo doesn't take the vaccine is a win.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Ronnie

The problem isn't with 1 fool.  It's the poll at the top of the page.  If Angelo wants to argue ethics with Plato that's up to him.  I say censor away western democratic regimes...

LCohen

Offering facts??

Ok. You claim that a vaccine is being rushed through. So list the factual things that should have happened by not with this vaccine that have not factually happened?

Pfizer CEO did have personal gains in getting the vaccine approved to market - fact

And that's why I've arrived at my position, if you want to ignore that then fire ahead.

Conflating nothing. I am getting you the opportunity to set out any defects in the process. Are you aware of any defects in the process. The answer to that is Yes or No. I would be grateful if you would answer it

You're framing an argument I'm not having and I think your motivation for such is bizarre

I would have genuine worries about the potential of side effects and defects from the virus due to the facts outlined above.

You say you have worries due to it being rushed. My question is - is it being rushed? What has not been done than is giving rise to your worries? The answers lie with you. Please illuminate

Of course it's been rushed, it's unprecedented to ever have a vaccine in this length of time, that's a fact. The answer was already there for you is you bothered to look.

Repeating that it is being rushed because you say it is being rushed is not in any meaningful sense answering the questions. Things can be done quickly by throwing more resources at it or you can just lucky with the first batch. Meaningfully being rushed, if were to induce a risk, which seems to be your point, must necessarily something not being done so as to cut a corner. So what it is that is creating the risk that makes you fearful?

Just answer that question

LCohen

Quote from: Angelo on November 16, 2020, 04:53:54 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on November 16, 2020, 04:24:30 PM

Which required bits of the process are left out?

QuoteIt is unprecedented to have a vaccine in this timeframe - fact

Necessity is the mother of invention.

QuotePfizer CEO did have personal gains in getting the vaccine approved to market - fact

Probably everyone who works for Pfizer benefits from this. They have created something of real value to the world and fair play to them.

QuoteThe optics of which are not good - fact

The optics of this are fine, it is the distortions people are applying because of their own limitations that create problems.

QuoteAnd that's why I've arrived at my position, if you want to ignore that then fire ahead.

We will. The point is though that the likes of you cannot be allow continue to around spreading Covid because you want to be "different".

I haven't got Covid because I follow all the guidelines I'm required to. I don't want to be different, I just value my health first and foremost and I don't want to jeopardise my health by having my body injected with something that could have serious consequences because it makes you feel at ease.

The optics of it are not fine. Billion dollar pharma exec becomes enriched as vaccine gets rushed through, the optics of it are terrible. Optics are how things look and that's how it looks.

Back it up? What is it that makes you worried? Point it out or acknowledge that you have nothing to back it up

LCohen

Quote from: Angelo on November 16, 2020, 05:28:26 PM
Quote from: Franko on November 16, 2020, 05:22:27 PM

Not true, optics are for integrity, they are an ethical issue.

So when you compare an ethical an issue with The Sun in one sentence then I think we can assess the lack of intelligence in your point.

Billion dollar pharma has had plenty of disgraces in the past. The very company whose CEO benefits with that bonus from the vaccine making it to market had to settle a lawsuit for $2bn in recent years. Do I trust the ethical values of Pfizer? I do in my hoop.

You keep getting caught out on thread after thread. Questions get posed and you leg it. Some one to lecture on integrity

LCohen

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 16, 2020, 05:33:56 PM

No it isn't. We all need people, even the assholes to take a the vaccine if and when it becomes available

Tony Baloney

There is a definite correlation between intelligence and anti-maskers/vaxxers.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: LCohen on November 16, 2020, 07:00:30 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 16, 2020, 05:33:56 PM

No it isn't. We all need people, even the assholes to take a the vaccine if and when it becomes available

Well if he's following procedures he's fine as everyone else. He's following the science for one thing and not the other.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Gmac

What will happen to people who don't take the vaccine or don't have access to it ,Will they be ostracized from the community .
Will people who have taken the vaccine have a card or some sort of certification to say they are vaccinated. The administration of the vaccine and the problems it going to raise should be examined closely before its rolled out , there will be huge problems especially at the start .

Angelo

Quote from: LCohen on November 16, 2020, 06:56:09 PM

Offering facts??

Repeating that it is being rushed because you say it is being rushed is not in any meaningful sense answering the questions. Things can be done quickly by throwing more resources at it or you can just lucky with the first batch. Meaningfully being rushed, if were to induce a risk, which seems to be your point, must necessarily something not being done so as to cut a corner. So what it is that is creating the risk that makes you fearful?

Just answer that question

I've already answered the question.

You have just taken the choice to ignore matters of fact so I think that says it all. I let the facts influence my opinions and views and you ignore them to arrive at yours. Can't put it any simpler than that.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Gmac on November 16, 2020, 07:27:55 PM
What will happen to people who don't take the vaccine or don't have access to it ,Will they be ostracized from the community .
Will people who have taken the vaccine have a card or some sort of certification to say they are vaccinated. The administration of the vaccine and the problems it going to raise should be examined closely before its rolled out , there will be huge problems especially at the start .

Countries may want a certificate to show you've taken it so that you're not bringing it into their country ... Covid passport