Will you get a Covid vaccine if one becomes available in 2021?

Started by Angelo, October 22, 2020, 10:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Will you get a Covid vaccine if one becomes available in 2021?

Yes
122 (71.8%)
No
48 (28.2%)

Total Members Voted: 170

dublin7

Quote from: Seaney on November 10, 2020, 10:29:29 PM
Everyone looking for a safe vaccine, strange in a pandemic they where a non believer. Would you take this vaccine tomorrow? Or will you answer with a question?

If the Pfizer vaccine is approved and passed by medical experts I'd have no problem taking it.

A relation of mine in the UK got Covid a few months ago and she spent a few weeks in bed unable to do anything. Still hasn't got her sense of smell or taste back yet.

She assured me it was a hell of a lot worse then getting the flu that alot of the anti mask/Covid nut jobs keep comparing it to

Franko

Quote from: Seaney on November 10, 2020, 09:56:41 PM
Talking to a chemical engineer tonight, none. The 90% apparently has never been achieved in history not even close.

Jesus.  The lads at Pfizer must be pretty dam clever then.

All the more reason to trust what they are giving out.

dublin7

Talking to a chemical engineer tonight, none. The 90% apparently has never been achieved in history not even close.

Does the MMR vaccine not guarantee protection for 99% of people who take it against measles and just under 90% for mumps?

Chief

Quote from: Seaney on November 10, 2020, 10:18:01 PM
Quote from: Chief on November 10, 2020, 10:00:00 PM
Ah - "according to a mate..."

PhD in chemical engineering, former employee and currently at the coal face, what's your qualifications?

Still just a unnamed mate I'm afraid. Even if it is true - which I'm on the fence about - unless you name your source this anecdote is just a exactly that, a nice little open ended story

Franko

Quote from: dublin7 on November 10, 2020, 11:14:42 PM

Does the MMR vaccine not guarantee protection for 99% of people who take it against measles and just under 90% for mumps?

The MMR vaccine is generally well over 90% effective, but it varies according to the disease.

Clearly the only bit of chemical engineering Seaney's mate ever did was adding coke to vodka.

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Seaney

Is that currently in clinical trials?

Seaney

Quote from: Franko on November 10, 2020, 11:21:43 PM

The MMR vaccine is generally well over 90% effective, but it varies according to the disease.

Clearly the only bit of chemical engineering Seaney's mate ever did was adding coke to vodka.

Again is the MMR in clinical trials?

Seaney

Quote from: Chief on November 10, 2020, 11:17:05 PM

PhD in chemical engineering, former employee and currently at the coal face, what's your qualifications?

Still just a unnamed mate I'm afraid. Even if it is true - which I'm on the fence about - unless you name your source this anecdote is just a exactly that, a nice little open ended story

Chief the second, that make it better, you are an unnamed contributor as are all on here, next time anyone says anything unless they supply their full name dismiss the lot, that it?

Seaney

Quote from: Tony Baloney on November 10, 2020, 11:02:59 PM
What has this chemical engineer got to do with vaccines?

A bizarre statement, what have you got to do with vaccines?  Have you to be working on one now to comment?

Seaney

Quote from: thebigfella on November 10, 2020, 11:05:55 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on November 10, 2020, 11:02:59 PM
What has this chemical engineer got to do with vaccines?

He's a scientist, surely if we have learned anything from these threads is scientists know fcuk all and should not be trusted.

The scientists are the foot soldiers, Pfizer share price going well now.

Seaney

Quote from: dublin7 on November 10, 2020, 11:07:35 PM
Quote from: Seaney on November 10, 2020, 10:29:29 PM
Everyone looking for a safe vaccine, strange in a pandemic they where a non believer. Would you take this vaccine tomorrow? Or will you answer with a question?

If the Pfizer vaccine is approved and passed by medical experts I'd have no problem taking it.

A relation of mine in the UK got Covid a few months ago and she spent a few weeks in bed unable to do anything. Still hasn't got her sense of smell or taste back yet.

She assured me it was a hell of a lot worse then getting the flu that alot of the anti mask/Covid nut jobs keep comparing it to

Seaney

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 10, 2020, 10:24:36 PM
Was taking to a client today at work who had Covid, spent six days in hospital, thought he was going to die, whole family contracted it..

Was a non believer of how bad it was, never knew anyone that had it until it came to his door, was very emotional talking today.

The sooner a safe vaccine comes the better

Franko

Quote from: Seaney on November 11, 2020, 07:29:34 AM
Quote from: Franko on November 10, 2020, 11:21:43 PM

Again is the MMR in clinical trials?

Do you really need me to tell you that?

Seaney

So why are you comparing the results of clinical trials for a new vaccine with something that has been around for 50 years?