Will you get a Covid vaccine if one becomes available in 2021?

Started by Angelo, October 22, 2020, 10:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Will you get a Covid vaccine if one becomes available in 2021?

Yes
122 (71.8%)
No
48 (28.2%)

Total Members Voted: 170

Chief

Quote from: Seaney on November 05, 2020, 10:44:25 AM
Quote from: Franko on November 05, 2020, 10:40:12 AM
Quote from: Seaney on November 05, 2020, 10:37:50 AM
Lots of risks in life, crossing the road is dangerous don't you think?  Driving with ejits on the road is dangerous don't you think?  Not wanting to administer a new vaccine into one's body without knowing the long term effects is one of the more cautious approaches, you not think so?

You do understand that by refusing the vaccine, you leave yourself open to contracting a disease...

...without knowing the long term effects??

I fail to see how you are being cautious by going down this route.

You do understand by taking a rushed through vaccine, you leave yourself open to potential adverse reactions in later life, you are taking something without knowing the long term effects?

Just the same as you are by catching the disease.

Except the disease isn't tested at all, isn't administered in a controlled way or environment, and it cripples normal life in a way the vaccine likely won't for most people.

You also can't sue or seek legal redress from the disease. If the vaccine is a bad one in terms of side effects, you can at least seek some legal satisfaction via the courts.

Literally a no brainier...

Milltown Row2

Lots of risks in life, crossing the road is dangerous don't you think?  Driving with ejits on the road is dangerous don't you think?  Not wanting to administer a new vaccine into one's body without knowing the long term effects is one of the more cautious approaches, you not think so?

You do understand that by refusing the vaccine, you leave yourself open to contracting a disease...

You do understand by taking a rushed through vaccine, you leave yourself open to potential adverse reactions in later life, you are taking something without knowing the long term effects?

You are talking about stuff that we don't know about, you're assuming that the vaccine that will be produced will have issues. Can you give me the lotto numbers for the weekend please?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Seaney

Quote from: Chief on November 05, 2020, 10:59:24 AM

Except the disease isn't tested at all, isn't administered in a controlled way or environment, and it cripples normal life in a way the vaccine likely won't for most people.

You also can't sue or seek legal redress from the disease. If the vaccine is a bad one in terms of side effects, you can at least seek some legal satisfaction via the courts.

That will be some comfort if your are left with no quality of life!

Seaney

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 05, 2020, 11:04:59 AM

You are talking about stuff that we don't know about, you're assuming that the vaccine that will be produced will have issues. Can you give me the lotto numbers for the weekend please?

And therein lies the conundrum, those who had an adverse effect to the swine flu vaccine probably assumed it would have no issues.  The numbers for UK lotto will be from 1 to 59, choose 6 I believe.

Angelo

Not the same. You may never catch the virus, so you may not be open to potential long term effects.

If you take the vaccine, you are open to potential long term effects.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Franko

Quote from: Seaney on November 05, 2020, 11:35:51 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 05, 2020, 11:04:59 AM

And therein lies the conundrum, those who had an adverse effect to the swine flu vaccine probably assumed it would have no issues.  The numbers for UK lotto will be from 1 to 59, choose 6 I believe.

"those who had an adverse effect to swine flu probably assumed it would have no issues"

And this brings us back to the question I asked weeks ago, that you dodged.

If it is a conundrum, why not choose the option which could save lives, prevent the need for lockdowns and protect the economy and local businesses?

Seaney

Quote from: Franko on November 05, 2020, 11:41:05 AM

"those who had an adverse effect to swine flu probably assumed it would have no issues"

If it is a conundrum, why not choose the option which could save lives, prevent the need for lockdowns and protect the economy and local businesses?

It will or it could, it could cause long term pain and suffering to those who take it, why can one not wait and assess the situation over a longer period rather than rush to take a new vaccine?

Franko

Quote from: Angelo on November 05, 2020, 11:38:43 AM

Not the same. You may never catch the virus, so you may not be open to potential long term effects.

To achieve the magical 'herd immunity', it's assumed that 60-70% of people will need to be either vaccinated or have the disease.

Those people will have to bite the bullet in order for everyone to return to some sort of normality.

You freely admit that Covid is unlikely to cause serious short term problems for you.

Given this, to lump the responsibility for achieving this societal figure onto others is a very cowardly stance to take.

Franko

Quote from: Seaney on November 05, 2020, 11:46:54 AM
Quote from: Franko on November 05, 2020, 11:41:05 AM

It will or it could, it could cause long term pain and suffering to those who take it, why can one not wait and assess the situation over a longer period rather than rush to take a new vaccine?

Because, by doing so, you are then prolonging the need for the lockdowns and other measures which you are so against?

Surely this is obvious?

And again, you didn't answer the question.  Will/could is irrelevant.

Angelo

Quote from: Franko on November 05, 2020, 11:48:36 AM

To achieve the magical 'herd immunity', it's assumed that 60-70% of people will need to be either vaccinated or have the disease.

Those people will have to bite the bullet in order for everyone to return to some sort of normality.

You freely admit that Covid is unlikely to cause serious short term problems for you.

Given this, to lump the responsibility for achieving this societal figure onto others is a very cowardly stance to take.

That's great but you're making a whole lot of assumptions there.

Covid is unlikely to cause serious health problems to me, I have not caught it yet, I practice all the guidelines such as hand hygiene, mask wearing, social distancing etc.

I'm taking steps to diminish the chance of me catching and spreading the virus. I don't want to put a rushed vaccine that could have serious consequences into my body.

Franko

Quote from: Angelo on November 05, 2020, 11:51:52 AM

Covid is unlikely to cause serious health problems to me, I have not caught it yet, I practice all the guidelines such as hand hygiene, mask wearing, social distancing etc.

I'm taking steps to diminish the chance of me catching and spreading the virus. I don't want to put a rushed vaccine that could have serious consequences into my body.

Like I said.

Seaney

The moral high ground, the magical thing about these boards is that we can all say any oul shite, so you and Milhouse are going to be front and centre if the "vaccine" is available before Christmas, sleeve rolled up and family in tow, socially distant outside the surgery awaiting to be guinea pigs for the good of humanity - where Milhouse has shown as long as he is ok, to hell with the rest - I doubt it!  Your stance to call someone who is cautious a coward is pathetic to say the least.

Angelo

Quote from: Franko on November 05, 2020, 11:53:19 AM

Like I said.

Like I said.

I'm taking measures to avoid catching and spreading the virus. I'm not going to voluntarily administer my body with something that could cause serious long term damage.

If you wish to take that chance then be my guest but I'm not going to.

Franko

Quote from: Seaney on November 05, 2020, 11:54:48 AM

The moral high ground, the magical thing about these boards is that we can all say any oul shite, so you and Milhouse are going to be front and centre if the "vaccine" is available before Christmas, sleeve rolled up and family in tow, socially distant outside the surgery awaiting to be guinea pigs for the good of humanity - where Milhouse has shown as long as he is ok, to hell with the rest - I doubt it!  Your stance to call someone who is cautious a coward is pathetic to say the least.

If the cap fits.

Franko

Quote from: Angelo on November 05, 2020, 11:56:20 AM
Quote from: Franko on November 05, 2020, 11:53:19 AM

Like I said.

Like I said.

I'm taking measures to avoid catching and spreading the virus. I'm not going to voluntarily administer my body with something that could cause serious long term damage.

If you wish to take that chance then be my guest but I'm not going to.