Will you get a Covid vaccine if one becomes available in 2021?

Started by Angelo, October 22, 2020, 10:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Will you get a Covid vaccine if one becomes available in 2021?

Yes
122 (71.8%)
No
48 (28.2%)

Total Members Voted: 170

Angelo

Quote from: lenny on October 23, 2020, 03:57:20 PM
Quote from: Angelo on October 23, 2020, 03:26:57 PM
Quote from: Chief on October 23, 2020, 03:23:56 PM
Quote from: Angelo on October 23, 2020, 03:10:49 PM
Quote from: Chief on October 23, 2020, 02:57:41 PM
Quote from: Angelo on October 23, 2020, 02:09:48 PM
Quote from: Seaney on October 23, 2020, 02:05:34 PM
Don't hold your breath for an answer.

None of those zealots have had the courage to answer me a question about when Covid becomes an acceptable risk to society like we accept seasonal flu?

It seems it doesn't matter if you die from flu. Tough luck seems to be their outlook. They are too thick to see the woods from the trees.

When

1) Covid becomes as broadly seasonal as the flu,
2) When it's contagious-ness is reduced to a level similar to flu,
3) When the death rates and hospitalisation rates are similar to flu, and
4) When we have a vaccine like we do for the flu?

Clear enough?

Very vague and subjective there

We don't test for flu.

Can you quantify the death rates and hospitalisation rates?

We also know that covid related deaths are overstated, that Covid is classified as the cause of death when nothing suggests it was, there have been a number of examples of this and this has been acknowledged by health authorities and governments.

If we had 400 flu deaths a year, does that mean 400 annual Covid deaths is then deemed acceptable?

We have ramifications of lockdowns, are all these ramifications of lockdowns and the consequences self[-defeating if the damage done is far worse than saving 150 lives from Covid?

These are the questions and discussions we should be having free from hysterics and misrepresentations.

A vaccine would reduce the need for lockdowns and all the collateral damage cause - a great reason to take a vaccine

Flu vaccines aren't mandatory, the uptake of them is limited, think it might be under 20% of the population.

There is no data that disproves or proves Covid is worse than flu, as much as some would like to mislead.

No data apart from the data that shows that Covid is about 5 times more lethal than flu.

https://www.livescience.com/covid-19-vs-flu-deaths-hospitalized-patients.html

Any data that makes claims like that is completely misleading.

We have no way of telling whether Covid is worse than flu or not so anyone stating other is not being truthful.

• We don't test for flu
  • We know Covid deaths have been overstated when Covid was not the cause
  • Covid is a novel virus and the first wave was likely an outlier and caught health services on the hop

To conclude that Covid is worse than flu or isn't is not possible yet so we should be mindful of stating this assertively.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

sid waddell

Quote from: Angelo on October 23, 2020, 07:39:55 PM
Quote from: sid waddell on October 23, 2020, 03:56:29 PM
I love when Angelo calls somebody else a blowhard

It's like when Trump accuses somebody else of being a liar

It's very funny, totally unintentionally so of course

You have a mental illness where you have to bring everything back to American politics and left wing/right wing nonsense nobody cares about.

Yawn.
Lolz

Accusing me of having a mental illness now

You've really revealed what sort of a person you are here, haven't you

Your last couple of of days on the forum has been nothing but a tirade of unprompted personal abuse against others

You know you have somebody's number big time when they're reduced to that

macdanger2

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 23, 2020, 06:53:37 PM
Quote from: macdanger2 on October 23, 2020, 04:30:56 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 23, 2020, 01:59:29 PM
You only get the flu jab if you fall into a certain category I think

I get it every year, I don't have asthma or any underlying conditions.

Why?
And I'm not saying it's a bad thing or wrong, the text I put up came  from the NHS website.

mate of mine got it last week and I asked her why and she said I dunno was offered it at work.  She  works in hospital.

I'd a patient in the other day, aged  78, underlying conditions and has been waiting on getting the jab 4 weeks they told him there's a shortage

Get it through work. The reason I get the vaccine is so I won't get the flu. If more people got the vaccine, less people would get the flu

Haven't got it yet this year but booked into the GP for mid Nov

Angelo

Quote from: sid waddell on October 23, 2020, 08:20:00 PM

You have a mental illness where you have to bring everything back to American politics and left wing/right wing nonsense nobody cares about.

Yawn.
Lolz

Your last couple of of days on the forum has been nothing but a tirade of unprompted personal abuse against others

Accusation? More like an observation. Your obsession with turning every single conversation into American politics and left wing/right wing is a clear sign of an unhinged headbanger. Couldn't give a toss about American politics but I find it bizarre how a political figure across the Atlantic lives rent free in your head when he should have no daily impact on your life. It's just plain weird.

I'll respond fire with fire, you have made plenty of below the belt remarks on here so if you can't handle it then don't dish it out.. All you have done in this thread is try and twist people's words, time and time again you have tried to put words in people's mouths, to misrepresent their views and when you've been called to task on that you've acted like a shitbag. When you have to resort to misrepresenting views, then we know you don't have much confidence in your argument.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: macdanger2 on October 23, 2020, 08:27:48 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 23, 2020, 06:53:37 PM
Quote from: macdanger2 on October 23, 2020, 04:30:56 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 23, 2020, 01:59:29 PM
You only get the flu jab if you fall into a certain category I think

I get it every year, I don't have asthma or any underlying conditions.

Why?
And I'm not saying it's a bad thing or wrong, the text I put up came  from the NHS website.

mate of mine got it last week and I asked her why and she said I dunno was offered it at work.  She  works in hospital.

I'd a patient in the other day, aged  78, underlying conditions and has been waiting on getting the jab 4 weeks they told him there's a shortage

Get it through work. The reason I get the vaccine is so I won't get the flu. If more people got the vaccine, less people would get the flu

Haven't got it yet this year but booked into the GP for mid Nov

Dead on, I'd need to be registered with a gp then, haven't been at one since my late teens!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

sid waddell

Quote from: Angelo on October 23, 2020, 08:35:26 PM

Yawn.
Lolz

Accusation? More like an observation. Your obsession with turning every single conversation into American politics and left wing/right wing is a clear sign of an unhinged headbanger. Couldn't give a toss about American politics but I find it bizarre how a political figure across the Atlantic lives rent free in your head when he should have no daily impact on your life. It's just plain weird.

I'll respond fire with fire, you have made plenty of below the belt remarks on here so if you can't handle it then don't dish it out.. All you have done in this thread is try and twist people's words, time and time again you have tried to put words in people's mouths, to misrepresent their views and when you've been called to task on that you've acted like a shitbag. When you have to resort to misrepresenting views, then we know you don't have much confidence in your argument.
I hope you don't behave in real life like you behave on here because you wouldn't be long getting a puck around the head, and rightly so

You're full of shit

lenny

Quote from: Angelo on October 23, 2020, 07:48:47 PM

None of those zealots have had the courage to answer me a question about when Covid becomes an acceptable risk to society like we accept seasonal flu?

It seems it doesn't matter if you die from flu. Tough luck seems to be their outlook. They are too thick to see the woods from the trees.

When

Clear enough?

We don't test for flu.

We also know that covid related deaths are overstated, that Covid is classified as the cause of death when nothing suggests it was, there have been a number of examples of this and this has been acknowledged by health authorities and governments.

If we had 400 flu deaths a year, does that mean 400 annual Covid deaths is then deemed acceptable?

We have ramifications of lockdowns, are all these ramifications of lockdowns and the consequences self[-defeating if the damage done is far worse than saving 150 lives from Covid?

These are the questions and discussions we should be having free from hysterics and misrepresentations.

A vaccine would reduce the need for lockdowns and all the collateral damage cause - a great reason to take a vaccine

Flu vaccines aren't mandatory, the uptake of them is limited, think it might be under 20% of the population.

There is no data that disproves or proves Covid is worse than flu, as much as some would like to mislead.

No data apart from the data that shows that Covid is about 5 times more lethal than flu.

We have no way of telling whether Covid is worse than flu or not so anyone stating other is not being truthful.

• We don't test for flu
  • Covid is a novel virus and the first wave was likely an outlier and caught health services on the hop

To conclude that Covid is worse than flu or isn't is not possible yet so we should be mindful of stating this assertively.

Lol, so you're saying the scientists who've produced that report haven't really thought it through or don't really understand what they're talking about. And that you know better. Very good.

Rudi

Quote from: sid waddell on October 23, 2020, 08:38:47 PM

Yawn.
Lolz

I hope you don't behave in real life like you behave on here because you wouldn't be long getting a puck around the head, and rightly so

You're full of shit

A puck around the head, your getting violent now Sid. So basically Angelo is antagonistic so he deserves a puck in the head. Whatever suits your narrative, the irony. I doubt it's you that full of shit.

Angelo

Quote from: lenny on October 23, 2020, 08:44:06 PM
Quote from: Angelo on October 23, 2020, 07:48:47 PM

When

Clear enough?

We don't test for flu.

• We don't test for flu

Lol, so you're saying the scientists who've produced that report haven't really thought it through or don't really understand what they're talking about. And that you know better. Very good.

Yes.

Scientists regularly produce reports that are completely at odds with other scientists. So how can both be right?

Are you naive enough to think any report issued by scientists is correct?

It's impossible to say one way or another about it yet and science has been completely mugged off by Covid so far. They still can't tell us the fundamentals.

sid waddell

Quote from: Rudi on October 23, 2020, 08:53:01 PM

Yawn.
Lolz

You're full of shit

A puck around the head, your getting violent now Sid. So basically Angelo is antagonistic so he deserves a puck in the head. Whatever suits your narrative, the irony. I doubt it's you that full of shit.
I agree, it's certainly not me that's full of shit, it's not the way I was brought up

Where I grew up, you'd absolutely get a puck around the head for the sort of nonsense you and your mate Angelo engage in

I'm quite old school in many ways and that enables me to see right through pathetic, preening, narcissistic, misogynistic gobshites like you who have nothing to contribute except sad, self-pitying trolling

Rudi

Quote from: sid waddell on October 23, 2020, 09:02:10 PM

Yawn.
Lolz

You're full of shit

I agree, it's certainly not me that's full of shit, it's not the way I was brought up

Where I grew up, you'd absolutely get a puck around the head for the sort of nonsense you and your mate Angelo engage in

I'm quite old school in many ways and that enables me to see right through pathetic, preening, narcissistic, misogynistic gobshites like you who have nothing to contribute except sad, self-pitying trolling

Your getting nasty now I was your mate in a previous post, now I'm Angelo's mate. Jesus wept. Your turning into a hard man, doesn't suit ya. Regarding trolling have been on gaaboard for 15 years I think, I have under 900 posts, I dont comment anywhere else on social media.

balladmaker

If a vaccine becomes available, given the current circumstances, I'll have no hesitation in getting it.  A roll of the dice, but even that is better than the current situation of cyclical lockdowns, and extremely limited social interaction.

sid waddell

Quote from: Rudi on October 23, 2020, 09:13:01 PM
Quote from: sid waddell on October 23, 2020, 09:02:10 PM

Yawn.
Lolz

You're full of shit

Your getting nasty now I was your mate in a previous post, now I'm Angelo's mate. Jesus wept. Your turning into a hard man, doesn't suit ya. Regarding trolling have been on gaaboard for 15 years I think, I have under 900 posts, I dont comment anywhere else on social media.
I'm not the person blaming a peaceful protestor for being assaulted by a fascist, you are

Hard man, troll, eh

Milltown Row2

Quote from: balladmaker on October 23, 2020, 09:17:22 PM
If a vaccine becomes available, given the current circumstances, I'll have no hesitation in getting it.  A roll of the dice, but even that is better than the current situation of cyclical lockdowns, and extremely limited social interaction.

Would certainly reduce the mental issues, the domestic abuse, the loss of jobs, the missed operations, Missed social  interaction and all those other problems some posters were complaining about that's been caused lately.

No brainier when you put it like that